Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-22-2007, 03:55 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default Awesome quotes for when you're down and to inspire

Well...I thought this would be nice. All the time people worry and obsess over small little things, like if they gained two pounds when they've managed to lose 10+!

Weight loss is really a process and all one has to do it keep on track and follow a plan.

So if anyone would like to throw in their favorite quotes...doesn't even have to be for weight loss...go ahead!

I found one I really like...(It's in my signature).

“I believe life is constantly testing us for our level of commitment, and life's greatest rewards are reserved for those who demonstrate a never-ending commitment to act until they achieve. This level of resolve can move mountains, but it must be constant and consistent. As simplistic as this may sound, it is still the common denominator separating those who live their dreams from those who live in regret.”
Gamerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:30 AM   #2  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

I have been thinking what has helped me the most in my journey past, present and future. and you know what I found that it depends on what mood I am experiencing that day. how well I am doing or not doing in my journey in weight loss and self discovery.

there are days where I want to beat myself up because I have "blown it" and I have to remeber that I am NOT a Diet Machine. that I am human, fallible, that I make mistakes. and its okay. that I am not a horrible failure who is destined to.. ~ insert self debasing words here~ ...iI remind myself that I make good choices too. and that my positives far outway my negatives. and just because I did so-and-so, doesnt mean its over. its only over when I say it is... a machine doesnt have that choice.

there are days H.A.L.T. clicks in H-ungry, A-ngry, L-onely, T-ired. and I have to ask myself if I am feeling any of these when the apparant need to feed hits and resolving that issue first. Halting is two-fold. the very first thing it does is make you Stop or Pause before you eat. the second is it makes you Think. it makes you think about yourself and why your doing this. After all is said and done, bottom line is ( and it always follows H.A.L.T for me) Action not Reaction. I will enjoy it far more if its a choosen Action then a mindless Reaction. If it isnt Hunger, then food Won't fix it.

when I need encouragement or a boost to make the right decision for me I remeber a thread written here back on 04 or 05 titled..... Am I Renting or Owning. is this just a temproary phase in my life. am I just Renting myself for a while? till when? at what age will I end up not caring or not taking care of myself? when will it cease to matter? or am I taking Ownership of me. being responsible for my up-keep and well being. will this make me healthier, stronger, prettier, smarter? is becoming a better me temporary or permanent? its funny but when faced with an a.k.a bad choice, burger king, ice cream, fattening things on a menue, my first thought is Rental. and as iI drive by, or keeping reading and see good things for me, I smile and think I Own this home, this MY body.

On my strong days when nothing can stand in my way. I'll be goll derned if something I Want at that Moment will get in the way of what I Want Most!!... I am not going to give up what I want most...... a healthy body that looks as good as it feels, for a peice of cake or an emotional urge/indulgance that may be calling me at the time. My pop words...... Want Most...Want Moment are written on my fridge and pantry door.

Also when my concept of time gets in the way. Such as, putting off eating or exercising. Or the someday's seem to far away, I use this timeline to keep how fast the tomorrow's roll by without our ever knowing it.

Quote:
- Three months, and even ten months really isn't that long. Think of it like this... If you are reading this article and it is February, then about three months have passed since Thanksgiving. And if you need the ten month-deal, then by the time that Thanksgiving rolls around, you'll be thin!
Lastly but Not leastly a lesson that needs constant repeating in my life...Pain from Discipline today, is not as bad as, the Pain of Regret tomorrow.

Last edited by sweetnsassyfied; 05-24-2007 at 05:53 AM.
sweetnsassyfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:01 AM   #3  
Wow...It knows my name...

S/C/G: 205/184/140

Height: 5'5"

Although I'm nineteen years old one thing I always like to think about to really get me motivated is if I was to die in the next few weeks. I would feel mortified (thinking about it not of course) if people struggled carrying my coffin. Would they need an extra large coffin? Special measurements made? Would people strain their backs and shoulders? So that is one of the things that motivates me.

As for a motivational quote I love the one thats says "I didn't put on the weight over-night so I'm not going to lose it over-night"
seranab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:51 AM   #4  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

I pretty like the one I'm currently using as my title--"Mens sana in corpore sano" (a healthy mind in a healthy body), which may be a very old one, but still hits the mark in my eyes. It constantly reminds me that if I don't take care of my body the way it deserves to be taken care of, then my head will go sour as well. And I don't only mean regarding the way I see myself, not depreciating myself, etc., but all that simply: how the **** am I supposed to do well in college anyway if I'm stuffed with sugar, transfats and other numbing substances, and living in a body that feels tired all day long because it never gets to exercise?
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:32 AM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Here's one I saw in a Reader's Digest recently:

"If Joan of Arc could turn the tide of a war before her 18th birthday, you can get out of bed."

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

"I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition." - Martha Washington
AmberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:55 AM   #7  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

One of my favs:

"Treat your body like a temple; not like a tent!"
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 07:45 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/144/115

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

I read this somewhere else on the forums, and for some reason it really sticks with me. Whenever I feel like I might have a craving for something I shouldn't eat, I just think, "When I step on the scale that fateful day and see my goal weight, will I think, 'Man, I really wish I had eaten that *insert food here*'?" I think not!
raeplunkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:58 PM   #9  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I love reading quotes. Raeplunkit, I especially like yours. Here are some gems:

I burned sixty calories. That should take care of a peanut I had in 1962.
- Rita Rudner

The belly is ungrateful--it always forgets we already gave it something.
- Russian Proverb
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 02:04 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

lol at beach patrol...didn't Jimmy buffet coin that one. And i love that saying LOL
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 02:06 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

these are some great motivation btw...especially jayell...that made me feel so lazy that i couldn't get my arse out of bed today. Thanks for reminding me about motivation.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:50 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/163.5/130

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'ts not what happens to you that determines how far you will go in life ;it is how you handle what happens to you.
Zig Ziglar

Failure is an event, not a person. Yesterday ended last night.
Zig Ziglar

And one from Tony Horton that I love:
"What will it be today? The joy of self-discipline or the pain of regret?"
AnneH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:14 PM   #13  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Someone on here has a quote in their signature that I love - "Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it's the courage to continue that counts" (W. Churchill)
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:23 AM   #14  
Wow...It knows my name...

S/C/G: 205/184/140

The BEST one I've EVER read is something somebody on here has on their siggy... its from their WW instructor and it basically says. "Saying I blew the day and I'll start again tomorrow, is like saying when you slip down the stairs "oh well I blew it" and then throw yourself down them"
seranab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 11:35 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 182/154/135

Height: 5'4

It could just be the fact that I'm having a very difficult day today but this phrase always helps me get through:

When you find yourself at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on!

Can't rememeber where I got it from though.
doozer is offline   Reply With Quote