Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-16-2007, 10:21 AM   #1  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

Default Bathing Suit Season

OK.. so I went to get a bathing suit for my daughter and I. Well for her .. not a problem. For me... I was aggravated.. bathing suits in my size were two piece. I haved a god aweful ugly stomach. Now I finally found a tankini that I really liked and it covers my belly. I didnt want to a full piece and I cant wear a bikini. Anyone else having a problem with your perceived size? Its like "oh, I wear an 8 I MUST need a bikini or a icky momish one piece." I know there are sexy one piece bathing suits but more often than not they are from vicki secret and I am not trying to spend alot on a suit to take my daughter to the neighborhood pool I would rather get a pedicure or something lol
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

I'm a one-piece girl, but I feel your pain. I found a couple I really like last year at Land's End - check their website. The great thing is that they've got tons of mix-and-match tops and bottoms, so you can pick the styles that work the best on you.
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:30 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I'll check that out myself, Janie--I need a new suit. (I'm a one-piece girl too.)

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:34 AM   #4  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

I'm a one piecer too! I've tried these accursed tankini's. They don't work for me. I'm large chested and high waisted so they seem to cut me in half and make my body look crazily short and wide. Luckily I found a black one pc. cut super low and it makes my body look longer. It wasn't expensive either - Winners.
Tam
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

ugggg....i hate bathing suit time. I bought my suit early in the season this year ( a black and white tankini), but putting it on the other day and taking a picture in it, i don't like it so much. I too hate my stomach. it sticks out waaaaayyyy too far. my thighs are like thunderous masses of jello. I hate bathing suit season. I am hoping that maybe by mid-suit season, maybe i'll have to go buy a new one. I do have a 2 peice bikini i bought last year just to tan in private at home. maybe i'll be able to firm up for it by the end of the season. In all honesty though, i prefer my one peice suit that is made like a dress. I think it is the most flattering on me. Maybe i just was in too big of a hurry to buy a suit that i really didn't try on enough different styles. Oh well...there's always end of the season or next year!!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 12:13 PM   #6  
I DO have a BellyButton!

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9''

ahhhh bathing suit season. I will NOT...I reapeat..NOT be wearing a bathing suit this year..so you guys don't have to worry about shading your eyes when I walk by. LOL

When I lost weight before I bought a tankini and I was really bummed because I have a long torso and it didn't fit me like it was supposed to. I too, even when I was smaller, liked the one pieces with skirts...I feel girly in them. Although I WOULD like to where a bikini some day...I think I'll save it for tanning.
BabyBrownEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 03:46 PM   #7  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

for me the full piece with the skirts built in to them just scream * I am uncomfortable with my body. The suit that I have is a halter top and boy shorts. I like it. I still think I am fat though. Ugh
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 04:29 PM   #8  

The boy shorts can be big trouble though, depending on your build. I have ice-cream cone shaped thighs, no matter how thin I am, and those boy-shorts always cut across at the widest part of my thigh. Talk about drawing attention to a bad feature! I have friends who love them, and I like the idea of having a little more rear coverage, but they are just too unflattering to consider on me.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:34 PM   #9  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

The boy shorts always make me look like I have chronic camel toe.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 04:42 PM   #10  

OK, I have to ask.... what the dickens is "camel toe"??
Old 05-16-2007, 05:03 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Ummm, camel toe is when the crotch of your pants is pulled too high and you can see the outline of your girly-bits through your pants. *Not* attractive! Google it for more info

I look dreadful in boyshorts too. It's too bad because I think they're cute and the butt coverage is nice. I think I would have to lose at least 10 or 15 pounds before they looked anything other than revolting on me (even without camel toe!)
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 05:03 PM   #12  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

sorry i had to laugh now for camel toe it is when the middle seam rides up your hoo hoo and your 2 down stairs lips take on the shape of a camel toe
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 05:04 PM   #13  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

sorry we were posting at the same time
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:00 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 246/244/143

Height: 5'6''

Personally, I always shop right about now for bathing suits on Victoria's Secret, because that's when theyhave sales. I got a really gorgeous tankini for 50-something dollars - I could match the top I wanted in the pattern I wanted with the bottom I wanted in the pattern/color I wanted. I love that because I can pick the shapes that work best with my body.

My family lives in Sardinia (Italy) so tat's where we spend out summer, and since I'll be there on the beach for 2 weeks straight I need something that makes me feel a little better about myself. I'm already overweight, I really don't need an unflattering bathing suit
FitMomEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:27 PM   #15  

I had to ask....quel embarrassment!!