Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-16-2007, 09:40 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I haven't bought a bathing suit in YEARS! Perhaps when I'm down to my goal I'll start looking for one, but honestly I shun the sun whenever possible (I'm really pale and burn easily.) I like the idea of a tankini, but somehow I doubt it'd work for my body (long torso with a high waist~yes it's odd.) So I imagine I'll be a one piece gal.

I agree on the boy shorts. Cute, but if you have chunky thighs (and I do) very unflattering.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:45 PM   #17  
Slowly Shrinking

S/C/G: 271/157/145

Height: 5'9"

I was always a one-piece girl, but now that I'm dropped down a bit, the only way to go was a tankini. That way I could buy bottoms that fit and a top that fit, and not try to worry about one suit for both. Occasionally, if I move one way or the other, you can see a tiny glimpse of my white belly, so I'll need to work on that, but overall I'm please. I'm going to wear it for the first time this weekend. Ok, it is only to sunbathe in the backyard, but it counts!
Christine in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:55 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 155/118/118

Height: 5'2

Ugh I hate bathing suits. Because essentially, we're all practically naked when we wear bathing suits. So of course nobody is going to be happy with how they look. I wish bathing suits weren't so skimpy and poorly constructed. Can we go back to the 50's when the bathing suits were all one-pieces with built in corsets and lots of rear coverage?

And I ditto the camel toe thing with the boy shorts. Boy shorts never look right on me. I have short chunky thighs, and the back always rides up. The one time I bought a pair I was constantly tugging on them.
jellydisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:54 AM   #19  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

My question is, how come the boys wearing the boy shorts don't have ummmm a problem? I mean, you'd think they would bind... Or do they wear them around their hips.

They do still make some swimsuits with "control panels" and such. You just have to read between the lines and try some. No one likes the word "corset" these days.

I'm still looking around myself...

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 09:59 AM   #20  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

Height: 5'8"

It's so doggone blasted hot in Az that I live in my pool in the summertime. I think fashion goes out of the window when it's a 120 degrees. I'm lucky tho-no ones cares what anyone looks like when it's that hot!!!!.
Janny O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 10:31 AM   #21  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

I have bigger thighs, but I am an hour glass shape. I get the shorts part big enough to wear them comfortably, my legs are "bigger" but fairly toned (muscular chicky here)

I am so down for the b.s with the corsets lol Im going to the beach this weekend and while I am absolutely repulsed by the ocean, I will have to be ok with my suit so that I can fry on the beach. Good thing the beach is only like 20 mins.. away because Im not a fan of sand, or nasty brown salt water.. ugh... and I will be able to get it off me a.s.a.p. The things I do for my family!
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:07 PM   #22  
Have you had The Surgery?

S/C/G: 510/225.4/199

Height: 69.09"

Well, I am going to agree with everyone here. But regardless on how I look (48" waist, with alot of excessive skin, and the right thigh larger then the left), I am so determined to do water aerobics at the YMCA starting next month. I found a pair of XL trunks that barely fit, but I am just so determined to lose this damn weight. I remember as a kid swimming was the best form of exercise and weight loss. When I jump in that pool (it will be a helluva splash, by the way), I don't care what anyone thinks of me. I am doing this for myself, and no one else
FresnoBeeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:15 PM   #23  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I have SEVERAL swim suits (normal for me, as I hit the beach every weekend, and I need several so they don't wear out as fast.) some are Tankini, some are two piece, a couple are bikinis - tho not the "super-model" kind.

Yeah, I'm fat. At least 30 pounds worth of chub that nobody wants to look at... including me! - but I don't care - I buy what I like... what I feel comfortable wearing. And of course, what I THINK looks good on me. Others may not think so. But why should I care what they think? As long as I can get some sun & enjoy the surf, I'm good to go!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:43 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/145

Height: 5'7"

I love my boy shorts, and they don't give me a camel toe, thank you very much. Now that I've lost some weight, I would love to move down into a real bikini bottom, but I'm afraid I might not feel ready for that until December, lol
Romeos Girly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:53 PM   #25  
Wastin' Away Again!

Here's one of my favorite suits of this season (me on left) - it's a tankini, and altho my thighs are screaming "PLEASE HIDE ME!" I still love it! - I just LOVE the color!

I have two or three that have a "skirty bottom" - and I love them too, but they really don't hide the thighs. Nothing (short of a brick wall) would....
Old 05-17-2007, 02:09 PM   #26  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

Beach Patrol - that tankini s very flattering! makes you look like you have such a nice waist and great boobs! (if I may say so) I think the thighs are a part of every woman's fears because that's simply where most of us women carry our extra weight! They seem to be my biggest problem too.

p.s. I've found a great place to shop for cheap bathing suits is Newport News, they have one of the biggest selections around as well as the ever popular "mix and match" section.
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:11 PM   #27  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

FresnoBeeDude, it is COOL that you have lost 216 pounds!!!

Yeah, go for those water aerobics! Great exercise and fun, too!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:15 PM   #28  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

lol i dont have a camel toe either. I think if they are pinching your legs or sitting on top of your thigh instead of over it, giving a camel toe then they are too small.
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:10 PM   #29  
Wastin' Away Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisher View Post
Beach Patrol - that tankini s very flattering! makes you look like you have such a nice waist and great boobs! (if I may say so)
...why, Thank you wisher! - you may certainly say so! (Compliments are so cool! - Now I'll feel good for the rest of the day!)
Old 05-17-2007, 04:11 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 190/152.8/135

Beach Patrol- Where did you get that tankini? You look great!

I am still having such a hard time finding a suit. The tops don't give my boobage enough support and the bottoms are all cut funny because low rise is still in for some unknown reason.
AllyCat30 is offline   Reply With Quote