Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-14-2007, 02:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Recovering from a binge...

This weekend I chose to eat myself on a pound.

My weight loss had been going really well and this weekend I just decided to stay home, clean the house and relax. Though I did clean the house, I cannot really say that I was relaxing. Instead, I stressed about going to law school, I cried over the most insignificant thing, I made myself feel sick, and I ate way too much food. This in turn made me feel stressed, sad, and gross. Even as I sat there with the food, thinking that this was a classic binge scenario, but I still hoped that one more bite would be the one to make me feel all better.

I know it is just one pound, and I think I'm feeling a little more on track, but it was so frustrating. I haven't been exercising because I hurt my shoulder and don't want to aggravate the injury. I feel like I am sabotaging all my hard work for no good reason. Blah...
Romeos Girly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:19 PM   #2  
~~Joanne~~

S/C/G: 178/151/150

Height: 5'3

We all have bad days, weekends, and even weeks but whatever you do DON'T GIVE UP! You can loose that pound easily, so don't even worry about one little pound. I know it gets frustrating but YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!
wateraddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

It happens......don't beat yourself up over it, just get right back on plan.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 03:01 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Romeos Girly,

Sometimes a relaxing weekend can turn into depressurization--and you get the emotional "bends"! Maybe that's what happened to you.

Have you been to the Chicks in Control forum here? Might be some help there as well.

Pick yourself up and get back on track! You can do it! You didn't gain a pound--that's water imbalance. Go back to your normal program and it will disappear.

As for the exercise, there is alot of exercise you can do without aggravating your shoulder--walking, elliptical without the arm motion, exercise bike... Try some of those for awhile?

Keep going!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 03:17 PM   #5  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Dear Romeos Girly:

obviously you've learned your lesson here: DON'T CLEAN HOUSE.

Seriously tho, it's ONE slip up. You felt bad, you tried to drown your bad feelings with food, it didn't work.

Now pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get right back on that horse. And GIDDYUP until that weight is gone. And remember.... we all get thrown at one time or another, for whatever reason.... but success OR failure doesn't happen with one incident.

Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/145

Height: 5'7"

I want to thank everyone for their encouraging posts. I really needed an encouraging word and I am feeling healthier and more on track already. Plus, I am going to ensure that my house is an ice cream free zone. Some temptations simply need to be removed to be avoided.
Romeos Girly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:13 AM   #7  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

I had a bad weekend too for a number of reasons (posted in my blog), and it resulted in a 2 lb gain. It's so hard to get back on track after slipping up, but I'm trying hard. It's frustrating to see the weight that I worked so hard to take off pile back on so quickly, but I guess it would be worse in the end if I just let myself go because of one weekend. Good luck getting back on track - you can do it!
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote