Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-05-2007, 07:46 PM   #16  
Ready for a better life!

I am only accountable to me. I don't want someone to tell me I don't need that slice of pizza. If I'm eating a slice, it's to satisfy a real desire for it. If I don't have something "bad" occasionally, I'll end up face down in a box of Hostess cupcakes! I account for my treat in fitday and figure the rest of the day from there.
I have failed so many times in the past that only one friend knows I'm dieting. She has changed her body over the last few years through nutrition and faithful exercise, so we encourage each other. Went on a little shopping trip the other day and went out to eat. We read that menu cover to cover, discussed what we could have, then enjoyed our lunch! When people at work notice I'm doing something different, I just tell them I'm watching my cholesterol under doctor's orders, which is true.
For encouragement, I have my hubby, my son and my friend. Oh, and you guys! I would not be ten pounds lighter today if it weren't for 3FC.
LookingForHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:27 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 190/152.8/135

Height: 5'3"

I am pretty much on my own. I occasionally share things like 'oh I really want to lost X lbs by *insert time* or 'I lost 2 lbs!' with my friends or family (I am one of those people you know who is always on a diet/worried about their weight) but I never give out specific numbers. My hubby doesn't even know my life time highest weight. The only place I have ever admitted it was here.
AllyCat30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:12 PM   #18  
Ready for a better life!

Me too, Ally. I only admit my weight here and it feels good to talk about it openly. I don't want my husband to know 'the number'. I'm afraid it would change the way he sees me. I know he loves me through thick and thin, but I don't want to wonder what he's thinking about my weight!
LookingForHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 03:41 PM   #19  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I'd like to say that I hold myself 100% accountable, but my Dr. definitely also holds me accountable. It actually helps with my maintenance to know for certain that I will be weighed by him every 4 months and held accountable for keeping the weight off.

My DH was with me at first Dr.'s appt. and saw my true weight. He is very encouraging for me but has also never made me feel bad about my starting weight.

My greatest support comes from 3FC's. I'm much more likely to pour out my daily struggle here than with any family or friends. The people here are on this same journey and can identify with my battle much better than people that I actually know.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 03:47 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 190/152.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingForHope View Post
Me too, Ally. I only admit my weight here and it feels good to talk about it openly. I don't want my husband to know 'the number'. I'm afraid it would change the way he sees me. I know he loves me through thick and thin, but I don't want to wonder what he's thinking about my weight!
I am deathly afraid of this, too. I know it is completely irrational (I am smaller now than I was on our wedding day) but it scares the crap out of me. It would be too embarrassing to me to tell him that number.

It does feel good to say it here though! Like a sigh of relief...
AllyCat30 is offline   Reply With Quote