Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2001, 09:52 PM   #16  

Default Celebrating in Canada!

The scales have finally moved! 4.2 lbs.
198.6/176.2
Great news eh? ( Mind the Canadian language).

The bad news of the week was that it was DD and my last visit to WW's. To be frank, we couldn't afford it any longer. Winter in Canada always means higher fuel cost, rough roads to travel and close finances. But, we've gotten off to a great start! With our Lord, determination, and you gals, we shall continue.
We're both going to weigh in every 2nd. week with our official doctor's scales. We've decided that if we run into difficulty we shall head off to TOPS where the cost is more reasonable.

Hi to all of you! Praises to your losses and a shoulder for your struggles.

We've been having some wonderful warm sunny fall days here in Southern Ontario and appreciating every one. ( Realizing they are about to change.)
The Christmas decorations are beginning to appear around the country side. The icicle lights big again this year, and oh so pretty. Do I sound like a Christmas fanatic? I am! Celebrating our Lord's birth and the BEAUTY of God's Canadian made winter wonderland. Wishing you could all take a drive up to see Niagara Falls decorated for Christmas!!!! Getting a tad sentimental aren't I ? Its that time of the year.

God Bless each of you and your loved ones.

Sister Joanne
Old 11-09-2001, 07:21 AM   #17  

Blessing to all!
I have done pretty good this last week and I will weight in on Sunday.

JoAnne-I am so happy for your loss! I know what you mean about the winter an high fuel costs I am total elect and my bill is HIGH. I love Christmas also by the end of the weekend I will also have alot of my christmas lights and stuff out.

Come Back all MIA's I miss you!
Sami
Old 11-10-2001, 04:53 PM   #18  

has everyone moved to a new post?
Old 11-12-2001, 10:13 AM   #19  
Quit counting at 45!

Default I'm still here!

Hi! I has a busy weekend so I wasn't able to post. My parents came over for a visit. We had a good time with them. It is hard to see them aging though. My dad just turned 77 this year.

I have been trying to behave myself eating wise. I am maintaining my weight and know that the answer to losing is to exercise. I did lose 1 lb this week for which I am very thankful!

I really miss hearing from all of you. Please post even if things aren't going well. We are here to pray for you!

Have a wonderful day!
Old 11-13-2001, 07:29 AM   #20  

Wilma-so glad to see your post. I am kind of worried that this post is going to die out. I noticed that even the other posts are not as active as they use to be.

I am praying that everyone is OK. And staying OP.

Sami
Old 11-13-2001, 04:30 PM   #21  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Hi!

I'm nearing the end of my work day and have a couple of minutes to log on. I think this thread is so important and I would hate to see it die. Please log on. We need you!!

I do really well with my WOE until after work. I take my salad or veggie soup to work along with a couple of fruit and a healthy sandwich. Yesterday after work I downed a bag of barbeque chips. Then at supper I didn't feel like eating. How I wish I could break this cycle. Somehow eating carrot sticks after work doesn't hit the spot.

I will try again. I'm too close to my goal to quit now.

Sami: Glad you're still here. Let's keep going!

Gutchie: Wow! 4.2 lbs. You're doing awesome! I feel for you not being able to attend WW anymore. Keep following their plan and go to TOPS like you mentioned and you'll get that weight off in no time!

Hello to Jamie, Eeyore's Sun, Zoe! Come back soon! Zoe: I hope you're on vacation!!!

Patricia: Where are you? I miss you!!

Wilma 197/158/130
Old 11-13-2001, 06:23 PM   #22  

Default Hello Ladies!

This thread will never die! Christian women have been around long before us and will be, long after we're gone. ( Hopefully not always fighting weight problems!)

Last evenings Ladies class saw us studying "Women of the Bible", Jesus's mother Mary. So much to be learned from these "faithfull", Christian women. Aren't they why we meet here?
To continue doing the work of our Lord upon this new fancy machinery? Striving to be ALL we can be? In our cases striving to be less than we can be, when it comes to this minor inconvenience of extra pounds. There will always be Christain Women online assisting each other, yes even with weight issues.

I've not checked in with the doctors scales yet this week, hoping that every 2 weeks will be enough. ( Our doctor isn't in our town).
I'm doing ok, staying on points most of the time. I feel good with the clothing fitting much better.

Busy around the farm trying to get outdoor work accomplished before those "snow flurries" arrive to stay. I'm behind in my Christmas decorating, but this weekend is the plan. My DH is the orginal Mr. Bah Humbug, thus DS and I await his weekend work shift, to decorate. Oh what a "special" time of the year this is! I pull out my Statler Bros. Christmas Album and a hot chocolate. (Weight watchers of course).

Best I run DS to piano lessons.
May the Lord watch over each of you and yours!

Sister Joanne
Old 11-13-2001, 09:30 PM   #23  

Exclamation help!!

I know that I haven't posted in a few days...I have been dealing with sick little ones, and then just when I thought it was over I got strep-throat. But today the worst possible thing I could imagine happened and I really need your prayers...please.

this morning while I was at work my 16 month old son fell off the second floor balcony at my home. he seems to be alright, but we are watching and checking for possible internal injuries. Please, please keep us in your prayers, he is my youngest and he is so so special please please pray for him.

yvette
Old 11-14-2001, 03:10 AM   #24  

Hello!
Praying that all is well and of course OP! Not to bad of a day and tomorrow will be better I am sure. Each day is getting to be a little easier to stay OP. Trust me I am not trying to be perfect but I have made great improvements in my diet. Please pray that I will stay strong.

Yvette-I was praying as soon as I read your post. Please keep us posted on how your son is doing. My youngest has had many mishaps and I know God has an Angel watching over her. I will keep your son in my prayers.

Sister Joanne-I am also putting out my Christmas stuff and I have a lot of Stuff. I love to come home at night and christmas lights on and sip on hot cocoa with one of my musical Christmas toys going. It's the most happiest time of the year!

Wilma-I know what you mean about the carrots! Sometimes I need salt or sugar! I will pray for you and that your body will just give up those lbs!

The Lord Bless you and Keep you!
Sami
Old 11-14-2001, 10:55 AM   #25  
Quit counting at 45!

Default That's Better!!

I love hearing from all of you and miss you when you don't post.

It's a gorgeous day here today - sunny with above normal temperatures. I plan on getting out for a walk today. I also hope to get those outside windows cleaned.

Joanne: Glad to hear you're still doing well with your WOE. Keep it up! I also love Christmas and plan to get out some things next week. My son put up the Christmas lights last week and I wasn't going to turn them on until December but he turns them on every night! I have a lovely village that I've been building and a nativity that I can hardly wait to put out. Lots of candles too!! We are going to the inlaws for Christmas but the decorations have to come out anyway. I mentioned that maybe we should put up our artificial tree this year and ds (17) said NO WAY. It's become a tradition to make the trek into the woods for our tree and I guess it won't die any time soon!!

Yvette: My prayers are with you and your son. Please, let us know how he's doing.

Sami: It sounds like you're heading in the right direction. I truly believe in not having those guilt trips we like to take when we eat something we think we shouldn't. It's the best way to sabotage our hard work. We need to shake it off and carry on with our healthy lifestyle. I think that's why I've maintained for the past few years. I'm going to try to have just a drink or a cup of low fat hot chocolate after work. That seems to fill me up and satisfies that sweet tooth.

Have a super day!!
Old 11-14-2001, 12:00 PM   #26  

Ggod morning!
It is such a nice day I can't belive it is Nov. I noticed that even in the morning at 8:30 am the sun was bright and the weather was perfect! I am slowly getting my christmas decorations out my whole house stay a mess until I get it all out. I have thur-sun off so I will get it all out durning that time and get my house put back together. I fill like I am moving because I pack up my everyday stuff to put out Christmas. One of the reasons I enjoy Christmas so much is because I have lost most of my family and I have fond memories of growing up and Christmas was the one day no matter what we were all together and my Mom made everybodys favorite foods. It is the LOVE I remember the most. I can remember trying to stay awake all night to see Santa and I kept my sister up with me. The next day she was so tired that at dinner fell asleep and her face went in her plate of mashed potatos! She didn't even wake!

Wilma- I hope you get that walk in. That sounds like fun going out to get a real tree.

Yvette- How is your little one?

Have a blessed day!
sami
Old 11-15-2001, 10:50 AM   #27  
Quit counting at 45!

Default A New Day

I had a healthy breakfast and have packed a healthy lunch. I work this evening so supper will be in town. I think I'll go pick up a low fat sub at Subway. I have 2 hours all to myself. I think I'll do some Christmas shopping!

I did get a little walk in yesterday. The roads were really muddy so I didn't go too far but the fresh air felt great. Hopefully the walking while shopping after work will count for something!

Have a great day!
Old 11-15-2001, 09:23 PM   #28  

Talking

HI EVERYBODY!!

Today is a glorious day! Isaiah is going to be ok. Today he was back to his usual busy body self. He is sore and achy, but he's going to be fine.

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for all your prayers and kindness, you guys are a wonderful wonderful blessing you all are in my life.

I will write a longer post later, but I just wanted to say "thanks"

yvette
Old 11-16-2001, 07:36 AM   #29  

Hello and Blessing to all,
Things are going pretty well. I hate it when you have been so good and you expect it to show right away and then you see yourself in the mirror and you see you still have so long to go. Yesterday I saw myself in the reflection of a window as I was waiting in line and I didn't even recognize myself. Talk about a wake up call! This will keep me on my diet for sure!

Yevette-I am so happy and praising God that your little one is doing so well.

Wilma-Don't you love it when you have a few hours to yourself! I am glad you got your walk in I know I feel so much better after being out and getting some fresh air.

Blessing today for an OP day!
Sami
Old 11-19-2001, 10:31 AM   #30  
Quit counting at 45!

Hi everyone! I hope that even if you're not posting that you are reading the posts and know that you are being prayed for!

I had a good weekend with my inlaws. They are wonderful supportive people. I am very blessed to have them as inlaws.

Eating wise I need to shape up again so I packed a salad for lunch today. I sure can feel it when I don't eat properly. I hope to get in a couple of walks this week. I feel I really need to exercise to reduce the stress I'm feeling. I don't know why I'm uptight. It seems that my dh can do nothing right these days. I ask for your prayers in this area of my life. I seem to pick at him for really dumb things. I think this is a PMS thing but it seems to get worse as I get older and he really doesn't deserve it.

Thanks for your prayers. I hope that you all have a wonderful day!
Closed Thread