Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-23-2007, 08:26 PM   #31  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I am on the opposite end of the stick, here. I have lost 40 pounds in the past year. Last year, after I decided to lose the weight (again, btw ), I ended up being sick and endured a very harsh and stressful medical diagnosis. During that period of time, I was not focusing on losing weight, just on getting through that period of time and being healthy and still on this Earth Once things got easier, I started going back to meetings (I do weight watchers), tracking all my food, and exercising. I would like to reach my goal by the end of this year.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:45 PM   #32  
Meg

Good for you, Lori! Most people wouldn't have been able to lose any weight, let alone 40 pounds, with such a difficult year. Me personally - I would have had a huge pity party for myself and probably gained 40 pounds. So color me impressed!

I bet you will reach your goal this year.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:18 AM   #33  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Meg! It was very hard, and there were times when I was still trying to lose weight and was COMPLETELY stressed out. My mom and my husband finally encouraged me to forget tracking for a while if it was stressing me out more and just to make sure I was still eating healthy food (and not junk!). The best thing was that I didn't gain more than 5 pounds back when that happened, and I had taken off about 3 months from going to meetings. It really did make a difference with the stress and when I went back I easily lost those 5 pounds in a couple of weeks.

In fact, if anyone else is having an extremely stressful time in their life, I would recommend switching to maintenance of their current weight until that time passes and then go back to losing.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:25 AM   #34  

Feb 2006 I was at my highest weight of 230 and as of sep 2006 I had lost 35lbs but I got complacent and picked up about 5 lbs over 6 months, once I realized that I was going down that same road I have sort of got back on track and over the last month I have lost about 3lbs which puts me at my current weight of 198.

kornard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:36 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

January 06 I weighed in at 196. By June 06, I weighed in at 163. I lost 33 pounds in 6 months. Then i took almost a year or so off and gained back 7 pounds. Now i am back at it again, and have only lost 4 pounds. You could say that losing 33 pounds, i dropped 2 pants size because my 16's were getting too tight and i refused to go buy a new wardrobe (sp??). so, i started eating less and moving more. Hopefully, i'll be able to do that again and drop the other 33 pounds i want to. It does seem to be a little harder this time, but on the plus side, the measureing tape IS going down!! :-)
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:45 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I once lost 30 pounds in two months .... guess what happened to 25 of them?? I've learned a lot since then.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote