Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-23-2007, 10:50 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default My mom came over tonight...

and the first thing she said to me was, "Lynsey, have you lost weight?"

I haven't seen her since Sunday but come on....it's only 6 or 7 pounds. I haven't even told her I was trying. I just feel like they think, "yeah, whatever" everytime I say I'm going to be thinner soon!

Do you think it's really noticable? I about crapped my pants!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:53 PM   #2  
Losin' it forever!

But if you're working out, you are probably losing inches as well which I think are much more noticable than pounds at first.

I would just take the compliment and feel good about it! You're making the effort and "6 or 7 pounds" is nothing to sneeze at!

Keep up the good work!
LakeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:53 PM   #3  

You see yourself every day and probably won't notice until there's a big change -- I bet you've lost a few in your face and that's what she noticed.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:57 PM   #4  

I keep forgetting to measure myself. I need to get on that!

And the face is what I was thinking. Although I thought my fae looked extra fat this morning. Weird.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:57 PM   #5  
Melissa

Height: 5'9''

Only 6 or 7 pounds is great! I'm sure it's more noticable than you think. I've lost about the same amount of weight and my clothes are starting to fit normally again, yay! Every pound you lose will only make you feel better and more motivated so keep it up!
Bikini Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:59 PM   #6  

I was on cloud nine when she asked me. All I could say was, "I hope so!" LOL! I KNOW I've lost 6 pounds (seven if you count the scale today....which I shouldn't since weigh in is a week away!) and I know it's a lot but it seems so small compared to what I have yet to lose! The more they drop the easier it is for me. I LOVE seeing those numbers go down. I get a high from it.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:07 PM   #7  
Melissa

Height: 5'9''

I totally know what you mean about getting a high from seeing the number go down! I guess I could be called a yoyo dieter cause I tend to weigh between 170 and 190 depending on whether I'm "dieting" or not, so I'm used to seeking lots of ups and downs. It kinda sucks and isn't too healthy, so now my goal is to get to 165 and the hard part will be to maintain! Eeeks!
Bikini Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:43 PM   #8  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

SO, you rmom noticed. YAY!!! That's fantastic, the next time you feel down, pull that from your memory file, relish it again. It helps. And 6, 7 pounds is nothing to sneeze at, especially if it took an inch or so with it too!
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 12:29 AM   #9  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

I hear ya. It's SO great when people notice, isn't it? My grandmother noticed last time I saw her after our surprise visit in October. I think it's really about the face. That's what people notice most about you, normally, and so when you lose weight from the face they notice it really easily.

Congrats!
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote