Weight Loss News and Current Events Discuss the latest weight loss news headlines and major events.

Old 03-08-2006, 04:08 PM   #1  

Default Books?

What books have you read that either inspired you, taught you or encouraged on this weight loss journey? I'm looking for something to encourage me.
Duchess_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I have been eagerly awaiting the new issue of a magazine I've grown to appreciate. I got it today. I's called Looking Good Now.
There's usually three success stories of ordinary women who lose weight in ordinary ways. Recipes, exercises ... simple really.

lgnmagazine.com should get you some more info

Let me see if I can find a link to the library here ....
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Oh ... we're in the library

Here's a good thread
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50697

Thin for Life by Anne M Fletcher has been very influential for me.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 09:19 PM   #4  
Losing for Life!

I am with Susan on the Looking Good Now magazine it is great, always full of wonderful articles.

I also highly recommend Ultimate Fit or Fat, Fit or Fat Woman and Smart Exercise all by Covert Bailey. These books have so much great information in them and I read them over and over again. I never realized how little I knew about how to lose weight and exercise properly before reading these books and now that I know how to exercise the right way my body is changing very quickly.
Sheri~C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 11:51 AM   #5  

I am waiting to receive a copy of SCALE DOWN that I read about in another section of this site. I hope is is inspiring. I also love the magazine that was already mentioned.
xenigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 04:17 PM   #6  
hara hachi bu

Default Good Weight Loss Books

I think the most helpful one for me was Thin People Don't Clean Their Plates by Jill Fleming. It's easy to read, factual and informative, and it made sooo much sense to me. I highly recommend it.

I find myself reading an inspirational weight-loss book every few months, just to keep myself on track. I have an entire library of books about weight loss, and I'm thinking about bringing them to my TOPS group to share with the other members.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 11:36 AM   #7  
The High-Carb Rebel

S/C/G: 175ish/175ish/145ish

The Bread for Life Diet has been the book that inspired me to begin my lil' weight loss journey. Not only has the diet itself worked well for me, but the science behind it is fascinating and the dieting advice she includes in the book has kept me going. I loved it and I am a huge fan.
lessthansign3 is offline   Reply With Quote