Weight Loss News and Current Events Discuss the latest weight loss news headlines and major events.

Old 05-03-2007, 11:25 AM   #16  
LLV

The information CAN be found, you just have to search for it. Just because these companies take the nutrition info down from their websites, it doesn't mean OTHER websites don't still carry the information.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:27 PM   #17  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLV View Post
The information CAN be found, you just have to search for it. Just because these companies take the nutrition info down from their websites, it doesn't mean OTHER websites don't still carry the information.
Not always though. Red Robin is one place where it is impossible to find the information.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:55 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 297/137/150

I want to know the nutritional iformation of the food I am eating as much as the next person, but people have to realize common sense should also have to play a roll. If I ordered the breaded deep fried chicken sandwich slathered in mayo, I know this should have more calories than I really need. Also, when it comes to the references for salads. The calorie information that you can find usually includes cheeses and the suggested dressing for the salad. If you switch to a lighter salad dressing (such as a oil and vinager instead of a creamy style) or remove the high fat cheese then you can make up alot of the difference. Maybe all this will be a lesson on smarter eating without always having the information in fron t of you.

Last edited by Ophelia924; 05-03-2007 at 12:56 PM. Reason: I screwed up a sentence sometimes my brain workds faster than my fingers
Ophelia924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:01 PM   #19  

Well, one thing that worries me, (and I hope I'm not taking the paranoia too far) is that even when you order things you think are healthy, like grilled chicken, broiled fish etc., how do you know if they soaked the chicken in an oily marinade or basted the fish w/transfats or something? I guess we can only do the best we can do. I always assume what I'm eating has more calories than you'd think anyway....
lipidful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:17 PM   #20  
Just Me

A few months ago, DH and I went to panera and ordered a chicken sandwich. No it wasn't slathered in mayo, it wasn't breaded and fried but it still had over 900 calories. DH and I split it so it wasn't like either of us ate the whole thing. Also, that didn't include the chips that they would normally include.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:24 PM   #21  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
Not always though. Red Robin is one place where it is impossible to find the information.
I've personally never heard of Red Robin, but I'm sure the more popular chains (like Wendy's, etc) will have info out there somewhere. There are restaurants that don't have nutrition info anywhere on the web. But I mean the chains that have recently pulled their info. It's still out there if it needs to be found
Old 05-05-2007, 12:29 PM   #22  
Just Me

Red Robin is a nationwide chain. I've lived in California, Colorado and now Maryland. They all have Red Robin. So it isn't like it is an east coast or west coast chain. They have hundreds of restaurants nationwide. They also happen to be one of my favorites but I have to be careful because I can only estimate their calories.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:56 PM   #23  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
Red Robin is a nationwide chain. I've lived in California, Colorado and now Maryland. They all have Red Robin. So it isn't like it is an east coast or west coast chain. They have hundreds of restaurants nationwide. They also happen to be one of my favorites but I have to be careful because I can only estimate their calories.
I'll have to look it up to see what kind of food they have. And yes, it's hard to know how many cals you're eating when the companies don't provide the info. Personally if a company can't supply me with the info, I won't eat there.