UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-26-2006, 09:08 PM   #16  

Height: 5'8.5"

LOL Chris... actually if a real friend did what YOU did for me I would be grateful!!! No no this is different... at least in my opinion! I have close friend who holds me accountable too and she is in Florida -- LOL sometimes she asks me what I had to eat that day; the last time I got "busted" was a couple months ago for chicken wings. This friend ASKS you to go work out with her and sounds kind of like a "health buddy" -- I would WANT someone to do that. This is not the same IMO as people who put you down and come across as if they are putting you down. YOU sound like just a great friend!!! Your friend is probably grateful too!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:41 AM   #17  

NOt really any diet ****s at work although they occasionally mention if I am eating chocolate - but usually they try to get me to eat chocolate! The Fench guy brought back some Pim's - no, not the drink - that's Pimms. These are the French/Belgian answer to Jaffa cakes. He bought a load in and gave me two to myself because I mentioned that (at that time) they only came in orange flavour over here (although I have seen an advert for blackcurrant and a student said there was lemon and lime too). Well I had the raspberry flavour and I love it! I also tried the pear one too. I think they are low in fat - but you probably should not eat the whole pack in one sitting - ah well.
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 05:30 AM   #18  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I've seen adverts for new Jaffa cake flavours, lemon and lime and blackcurrant, however I doubt they'd ever bring out a pear flavour! Too continental for us islanders!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 06:09 AM   #19  

The pear was quite nice but with the chocolate I think you need a stronger flavour. Looking forward to giving the blackcurrant a try!

MInd you, despite living in London (Centre of the known universe I have only just found the Cherry coke that they keep advertising.

I just received a package in the mail with Cote d'or on it. Two samples of chocolate in it! What is a fat girl to do? Eat 'em of course! Well it would be rude not to...
Old 04-27-2006, 07:06 AM   #20  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

WOW! Samples of Cote d'or!!! That's really the best chocolate ever! I stock up when we go to Belgium and France!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:11 AM   #21  

Yeah I was not expecting it but i had obviously clicked on something online, I don't remember. It was in a chocolate shaped bar with 'Explore' on the front and I thought it was from the Explore Travel Company and I was just saying to someone "How cruel, making it like a choccie bar". Well, I am off to 'eat my words' now!
Old 04-27-2006, 09:58 AM   #22  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Those Pims are gorgeous - they do a cherry variety. I get them (or - I USED to get them) at Lidl.

Cote D'or is the work of the Devil! Its one of the few chocolates that I actually like.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:08 AM   #23  
Consistency + Balance

I was in Morrisons at their yummy salad bar when this poor woman with her dreadful husband was trying to get herself a salad. Each time she tried to put a spoonful of her choice in her plastic container he gave her a lecture about why she shouldn't have it. At the finish, all she had was a bit of lettuce, onion tomato and corn. He filled his plastic tub thing to overflowing with all the mayo rich salads, though!

Okay - there is a possibility that he was doing it because he loves her and cares about what she eats - but surely there are ways and WAYS of doing that kind of thing and being loud and drawing attention to her size/diet in public is not the best way. Had I been her I would have gone home and binged in misery. Actually, thats wrong, had I been her I would have gone home and phoned a divorce solicitor!

(BTW, in case you're wondering.... I had some salad veggies with couscous and roasted veg salad, some chickpea salad and some Greek cucumber, mint and yoghurt salad)
Old 04-28-2006, 03:45 AM   #24  

Had I been her, he would be wearing most, if not all, of the salad.......
Old 04-28-2006, 05:41 AM   #25  

Reminds me of the time I was on a train with my 4th son - he was just a couple of months old. Anyway he started bawling, really loud, just for the **** of it, as babies do... This man started lecturing me about it, suggesting futile ways of making baby stop (I guessed he was speaking from the lofty heights of childlessness or maybe had the standard 2.4 kids, presumably some poor downtrodden wife who did all the childcare for him anyways, as it was a commuter train back from London). Anyway he got louder (the man, not the baby) and more insistent, and I just let him rattle on til the whole carriage were listening. Then I pointed out I wasn't a first time mother - this was my 4th kid - and the day he grew (the things you use to breastfeed, only I didn't say it so politely), he could lecture me on childcare. I got a standing ovation from the women in the carriage. He shut up the rest of the journey. And I let my baby carry on crying, just to annoy him more.

As for fat fascists I don't think anyone's ever dared tell me what not to eat. I don't think they dare! My niece annoys me by dragging me into handmade chocolate shops and buying loads - or waving the fattiest things in Starbucks under my nose, and it drives me nuts as she act7ually thinks she's being hilarious. I don't want that stuff anymore, or even crave it so it's pointless but that just makes it more annoying. I have the last laugh, though. She's a teenager and probably already size 22 - I've had more babies than you can shake a stick at and am back to size 12. Even so, she doesn't seem to get the idea, though.

I guess that's equally annoying - people who treat you as if you're still grossly overweight when you're not. But I only get it in that needling, 'joky' sort of way - I don't think anyone would dare say to me do or don't eat that, whatever 'that' is - and they didn't when I was obese, either!
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 06:57 AM   #26  

What? Didn't you know men are experts on EVERYTHING!!!!! Should have put a dummy in his mouth (the man, not your baby!)
Old 04-28-2006, 07:43 AM   #27  
Consistency + Balance

Can you imagine being married to someone like that? Arghhh!
Old 04-28-2006, 10:41 AM   #28  

Yes I could tell from the lameness of his ideas that he hadn't a clue what he was on about... I kind of wish when I was at my heaviest, people had started saying to me 'What on earth are you doing eating that? Might have shocked me into action a year sooner!
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 11:41 AM   #29  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Phoenix, your story made me smile!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:01 PM   #30  
Consistency + Balance

Nobody every said anything like that to me when I was at my largest, either. Its only since I'm obviously losing weight that a couple of people have started turning in to the Diet Police.

I've since asked DH why he never said anything or did anything to make me sit up and take notice what I was doing to myself - and he doesn't really know. He just says all he wants is for me to be happy and if eating whatever I like made me happy then that was fine by him.