UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 12-14-2005, 03:40 AM   #1  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default 2006 + New Year = New Start

Okay I have been kind of laxed this year in my diet... it's been a bad year for me and although I have lost some weight 30lbs at one point I put it all back on as I was depressed... and bla bla bla.... I am sure many of use can say we also worn that t-shirt...

Over the past couple of weeks alone, I have got some answers to questions and I feel now I know what life is all about and what it is throwing my way! Being officially diagnosed with PCOS after waiting 8 months on the NHS, and my diabetes having to go to tablet control because my diet was crap....

I am going to make 2006 the year I really do stick to the changes I make. A lot of changes I have made this year I have stuck to, but a lot I've not...

I seem to have given up the gym but am still paying the membership so in 2006 I will get back on track....

I desperatly want a new Puppy a little sister for my Alfie but I am going to set this in stone now... I have to lose 20lbs before I am buying one!

So here's to 2005 and the hope I can finally begin to set the changes that are needed.... FOREVER!
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 03:46 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

You can do it maz, just think of the puppy!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 09:30 AM   #3  

I know it's all I can think of at the moment... cute little fluff ball!
Old 12-14-2005, 10:17 AM   #4  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

You can definitely do it, and I found that after a bit of a false start in 2004 I found it much easier because I'd got a lot of the new habits almost sorted out, I just needed to put them together better and then suddenly it clicked.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 02:37 PM   #5  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

You can do it Maz....woof woof!!!

Janey
Dippy Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 02:13 PM   #6  

Helen that is great advice, and I know where your coming from, I've made so made so many changes over the past months that I feel now I can finally put things into pratice!
Old 12-27-2005, 06:11 PM   #7  

Mazarin

I dunno what kind of dog you've already got, but I made one of my two dogs my official *exercise buddy*. He's a staffie - so a strong, athletic dog (not so easy with a Yorkshire Terrier or one of them other tiny doggies, I know!) and last year, despite having 60 min walks most days - he was looking flabby. So I took up running, and when I walked with him, walked harder, faster and over rougher ground (There are no hills here in North Yorks, so it's all on the flat, I'm afraid!)

I did the programme here:

www.girlsruntoo.co.uk

So did my staffie (although he's no girly!) Now he is svelte and muscly rather than knackered and pudgy - and I lost 30lb too! I dunno what your existing doggy is, but I'd recommend a really active breed for No 2 - as they can help you in your weight loss campaign.

Where I live is remote and there are lots of creepy woods, etc we pass and we can be out for 2 hours and not pass a living soul... so I felt a lot safer having a *scary* looking breed of dog with me on my walks (Not that he is scary!)

I've seen people doing that flyball training with dogs and that would probably keep you fit too, if you wanted to do it! (My dog's too thick to cope).

That's the best incentive I've heard for losing 20lb... By the way, I dunno where you live but if your present doggy isn't very young/active whatever, you can always volunteer at a local dog's home to walk the dogs whilst you're waiting for your new arrival!

PhatP x
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote