UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 11-14-2005, 04:18 PM   #1  

Default third of the way there... Ladies, I need your input!

ok, today i have got 2 out of the three done. I got in exercise and... *drum roll* ... I drank two litres of water (excluding tea and diet drinks) although i did drink most of it in the evening.

BUT... I did it.

I'm going to keep up the water and exercise for a week or two so it becomes routine and in the meantime i'm going to gradually adapt these horrendous eating habits of mine!

This is the hardest part though. I shouldn't whinge - i'm not the only one here who has/had a troubled relationship with food...

SO...

ladies... tell me why I want this? what will I get from losing weight? what has happened to you sice you lost weight which made you glad you did it or spurred you on?
Penguina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 01:32 AM   #2  

I have a lot more to lose than you, and am no where near your starting weight yet
But i have loads more energy, and more confidence. I have loads more choice in clothes. I now want to exercise rather than forcing myself to do it. People look at me as more than just the fat chick now, I can walk into a room and 9 times out of ten I'm not the biggest anymore.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 10:12 PM   #3  
Pending Email Confirmation

Well done it's a good start, I hate drinking water, no matter how I try at home I just can't hence why I was off not drinking any.... but now I am back at work I made excuses to get up and walk to the water bottle... better than taking a call so I always drink water at work! lol
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 08:09 AM   #4  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguina
ladies... tell me why I want this? what will I get from losing weight?
I can't tell you why you want this, but I CAN tell you that losing 48 lbs has totally changed my life.

I remember before I lost weight I'd hear people say "well, losing weight won't change your life...you'll still be the same person."

Yeah, I'm the same person. Only better.

I am me again. I'm confident, relaxed, outgoing, HAPPY. I feel 16 again -- and I'm 33. I don't stress about what to wear in the morning, because everything fits (or is too big). I'm comfortable in my own skin. I'm rarely self-conscious. I'm much more assertive about what I want, and I don't take crap from people anymore. My "bad shoulder" rarely hurts these days. I can lift a 60-lb dog onto the exam table at work without help. I sleep better, and I'm rarely tired/sluggish during the day. My PMS symptoms have improved -- I have milder cramps and fewer junk food cravings. I haven't had a stress headache in over a year; I haven't had a cold in 2 years. I'm more friendly and tend to strike up conversations with people at the grocery store, gas station, etc. I'm wearing size 8 jeans. I have more energy and now I walk the dogs twice a day instead of just once. My house is clean most days of the week because I have extra energy to keep it tidy every day vs. leaving it all to the weekend. I look forward to new situations and meeting new people. This summer, I hiked a mountain in Portugal with my friends instead of sitting in the bar at the bottom (which is what I would "normally" do). I am basically happier than I ever thought I'd be.

Since losing my first 25 lbs, I've (1) quit my 8-year teaching career, (2) sold my house, (3) packed up myself, a dog, and 2 cats and moved to the UK, (4) devoted 18 full months to writing -- which was a dream I thought I'd NEVER fulfill, (5) moved back to the States, (6) bought pretty much the house of my dreams because I was persistent enough to really fight for it and didn't allow myself to be intimidated by lawyers, etc., (7) started school again for an entirely new career.

So yeah, losing weight has changed things for me .

Last edited by LovesBassets; 11-16-2005 at 08:15 AM.
LovesBassets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 11:00 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

Wow, that's inspiration!!

My 15 pounds has just meant that I don't have to hide from the camera in holiday snaps and size 14 jeans (shallow!!)

Hopefully the next 30 pounds will make me as positive. Good Luck everyone.
Clareh is offline   Reply With Quote