UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 07-05-2005, 05:28 AM   #1  

Talking Newbie chick

Hi all,

though i am a newbie here i am no stranger to diets and all that goes with them. i have lost stones in weight only to replace them, but i have started the lighterlife programme and feel that this just might be it for me.
I too have lurked around these forums but have only just registered and posted.
I have 12 stone in total to loose..thats a huge task but im gonna do it this time...i have to...i got to fit into the plane seat next year when we go to disney with my children, and i want to be able to ride on all the rides and not just be a spectator.

Good luck to us all and apologies for my ramblings, hopefully i will make more sense next time

xxNeblet

Last edited by Neblet; 07-05-2005 at 05:33 AM.
Neblet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 08:18 AM   #2  

Hi Neblet Welcome to the forum. I have 9 stone to lose it is a huge task but if you take it 7 pounds at a time it doesn't sound as bad does it?
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 11:10 AM   #3  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Neblet - I have 4 stones to lose. Like veggie I count them in 7lb chunks if possible.

Read you later
stef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 01:22 PM   #4  

I had 8 stone to lose and now I only have 5!!! I just take it a pound at the time and let the stones look after themselves.

Welcome!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 02:23 PM   #5  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Neblet

I have 3 stones to lose I lost over 2 of them once only to find them again GOOD LUCK
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 02:55 PM   #6  

Thank you every one.I know i can do it, especially with the added help of this wonderful forum. Its great to talk to like minded peeps who know what your up against and to have a cheering team at your side.Its great to meet all you lovely people and look forward to reading from you all soon
XXNeblet
Old 07-05-2005, 03:28 PM   #7  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I try not to think about how many stone I had to lose, but with 3 of them gone for good (hopefully ) I'm still not trying to look much further than the next 4 - 5lb at a time.

Welcome, anyway
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:34 PM   #8  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

Welcome Neblet

I had 8 stones to lose, and now its only 6....you CAN do this!

Janey
Dippy Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 04:42 AM   #9  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Yuppers! I've lost 4 stones and am just sloggin away at the last one or two. It can be done! WELCOME!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 05:36 AM   #10  
In over my head

Welcome, Neblet! I'm new too and have almost 5 stone to lose just to get under 200 lbs. Take it one small chunk at a time and the weight will be gone before you know it.
miranoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 10:30 AM   #11  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Neblet,
You've come to the right place.. we're all fighting the same battle, we all have good days and we all have BAD days as well... pop in each day and talk to us, tell us how you're doing, feeling and such and we'll chivvy you right along
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 04:34 PM   #12  

Smile

Hi everyone,
hope you all had a good weekend?
i just had my second weigh in and ive lost another 11 lb
i can actually feel a difference in my clothes aswell, even at this stage.
Last week was a bit of a struggle as it was the anniversary of my beautifull mums passing and although i knew that was why i was struggling i still found myself cooking extras i dished up the kids meals and there was this dinner "spare", i grabbed the food and quickly chucked it in the bin, even i wouldnt hunt the depths of the bin for it
afterwards i was able to say to myself thats why you were doing that but i was also able to say well done to myself for getting through it.

Hope you are all doing well please let me know
Hugs to you all
Nebletxx
Old 07-12-2005, 12:02 PM   #13  
Pending Email Confirmation

Big welcome to you.... I am aiming for a loss of 12 stone and have joined a gym to motivate me on my way.... I've just lost my first 6 lbs!

I refuse to eat crap now and pay a monthly fee for the gym... or it could be that I just can't afford to buy junk food now, I am paying for a gym!

Welcome to this place... have fun!
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 04:12 PM   #14  

Thanks Mazarin

that sound like great motivational move....coz at least if you got alot to pay for it kinda helps you to take advantage of the facillities.

What do you do at the gym? do you do all the machines etc?
its odd but though im hugely overweight i have always done some kind of exercise badmington and aerobics and pilates which is wonderfull, though i am a lighter shade of puce by the time i finish...it got to help!!

Hope you have a great week and well done for the great start
hugs
Nebletxx

Old 10-12-2005, 09:49 AM   #15  

Hi Neblet,

I have just been reading through your notes and would love to talkmto you also if thats ok. I too have just started the Lighterlife programme and am ready for my second weigh in tomorrow although it will be my first week on it.

I got weighed on monday and I had already lost 5 1/2 pounds in three days so I am looking forward to my next weigh in.

I too think that this is for me also as I am an all or nothing person. if I know that I am not allowed even a little bit, then I am quite strong willed.

It seems as though we have started this thing about the same kind of time, so it would be good to support each other through it.

Speak Later
SexyWanabe is offline   Reply With Quote