UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 04:25 PM   #31  

well done BG, thats 6lbs if my math is correct(prob not though)
frus its been a bad wekend for me too, but im not bothered about it(yet) which doesnt happen often usually i get all manic and doom and gloom if i have a blip
im doing loads of overtime over the next few weeks so i dont know when or if ill see the gym in the near future
Old 05-10-2005, 06:37 AM   #32  

Morning all - proud to announce my first weigh in result, lost 1.5 lbs, which I'm really pleased about, especially as I haven't been dieting, it's down to the exercise. Don't get me wrong it's not all been cream cakes and choccy bars (oooh, let me just savour that thought for a moment) but it's not all been lentils and rice cakes either if you get my drift.

It's probably the first time I've lost weight without a strict diet behind me, and it's a BIG step in the right direction for me, cos I've managed to be reasonably sensible and not binged HURRAH.

I'm just relieved that all those aches and pains has resulted in a loss, I think I would have gone on a major eating spree if I'd not lost anything!!!

All the best

x
Old 05-12-2005, 03:21 AM   #33  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

WTG Dotty! I like the bit at the end of your sig!

Also.... I weighed in this morning and since I last posted a weigh in I've lost 3/4lb! YAHOOOOOOOOO! Am now 12st 1lb and only have 2lbs to go to meet the challenge (which is Monday ) I may do it, with serious bouts of GYM BUNNINESS, but I'm so busy I probably won't! Unless of course I'm too busy to eat! That NEVER happens!
Old 05-12-2005, 12:03 PM   #34  

Too busy to eat - that's a good one happens to me all the time too

It's like when people say they're too stressed (or unhappy/sick etc) to eat, I'm never off my food, if I said to my hubby I didn't fancy anything to eat, I think he'd call an ambulance!

Well done on the weight loss, I'm sure you'll get your 2lbs, but even if not, you'd done a fab job
Old 05-14-2005, 02:58 PM   #35  

I weighed myself today at a friends house, for the first time in a fortnight. I weighed in 8 pounds heavier!! As I usually weigh without clothes I added a couple of pounds to my tracker weight, so I am showing 6 lost. I am now at my lowest weight in 10 years!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't say how happy I am with that!!!!!!!!

In kilos I have broken the 100 kilogram mark!!!! Next goal is to be a one-er in pounds.
Old 05-14-2005, 05:13 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 160/146/146

Default Wi

Hi
I am a bit late with my weigh in. I weigh on a Thurs at class and I also check at home the Friday morning first thing.On Thurs I had lost 2lbs and on Friday my scales said I had lost 4lbs For now I'll count the 2lbs I must go and change my thnigy at the bottom of this mail.
I hope you are all having a good weekend.

Chez
Old 05-14-2005, 05:24 PM   #37  

Default smiley thing

Hi
I know I'm being thick here but I can't find how to change my weight thing at the bottom of my mails All I could find was for making a new one. All I want to do is update it with my 2lb loss.

Help

Thankyou
Chez
Old 05-14-2005, 06:03 PM   #38  

On your users control panel, go to the signature option. Then just change the last number on the line of text to your new weight and it will update, just check the preview option first to make sure it has done it right. Hope that helps.

Kylie - who used to make a new one every time, until she worked it out!!!
Old 05-15-2005, 04:14 AM   #39  
Determined to Lose!!!

Angry

Congrats everyone on your lossess!!!

I snuck a peak last week and was down 3 lbs... then I had a bad day and a half (Thursday?)... snuck a peak this morning and am only down 1 lb Waaaaaaaaaa!!!!! I feel so frustrated. I know I had a slip because I had a really bad, stressed out day and just KEPT snacking, but sheeesh... to gain 2 lbs back just from that small amount of off plan time???? Ra!!! I'm just thinking about how hard it is to lose and am kicking myself...
Old 05-15-2005, 07:12 AM   #40  

You didn't gain 2lbs in a day and a half, I doubt. It's probably just water, or other stuff. I forget how many calories you have to eat to gain 2lbs of fat, but it's a heck of a lot. Don't let the scales get you down.!!!! And don't weight too often!!!!! Or I will steal your nasty talking scales and hold the mechanical lady hostage until she is nice to you!!!!
Old 05-15-2005, 01:30 PM   #41  

Thankyou Kylie, I changed my sig thing. Glad I was not alone in thinking I would have to go through the whole thing every time

I wouldn't worry about that 2lbs on. It's 3,500 cals for 1pound of fat. I expect there was a lot of salt in the food you ate and the bod needs water for that.

Well done on the wieght loss, do you count up the pounds each week?

Chez
Old 05-15-2005, 01:55 PM   #42  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

My tracker is unchanged, but that's mainly because I optimistically cheated last week by seeing a huge loss one day between weigh ins and putting it down when I signed up. When my weight went back up to more what I expected it to be in the first place I decided to sit out the week and see if it came back off. It did, so I'm back to what I said I was in the first place. Still a couple of pounds off last weekend though, which is good.

Ideally I want to lose another 3lb before next Monday (I go on holiday on Tuesday), but it's probably a bit optimistic so I'll take whatever I can get this week!
Old 05-15-2005, 05:16 PM   #43  

Your welcome Chezz, I only worked it out after reading somewhere else about it, I think it was on one of the site help forums, so I can't take any credit.

I'm glad you posted how many calories you need to consume to put on a pound of fat, I find it really comforting if I have eaten a bit over my calories on one day and perhaps have gained a little. The other weekend I stayed On Plan but ate more wheat than usual, and I was so bloated, so the Monday I weighed in and was a lot heavier than the Tuesday!! Those darned scales!!!!
Old 05-16-2005, 01:37 AM   #44  

im down two pounds............10 stone 10 lbs!!! not posting much because im doing a lot of extra days at work, but girlies (and male lurkers) i am still reading posts
Old 05-16-2005, 05:17 AM   #45  
Determined to Lose!!!

Hi Girls

Kylie... thanks for that. I'm now very embarrassed about my weight loss/gain whatever it was!!! lol I choose to look at the big picture... lol I was a bit bloated and am down to 19st 13 lbs this morning... one pound lost this week! Yay! Anyway, I realise that the rapid water weight period is probably now officially over (at the start of week 4). I also vow to leave that talky scale alone at least every 5 days b/c clearly she is stressing me out!

Toot, AWESOME! GO GIRL!

Chezz, thanks for the info...I definitely don't think I ate 7,000 extra calories.. (even though I don't count them). I ate some crackers, an extra yoghurt bar, some peanut butter, and some lemon curd (some meaning a tablespoon or so). I promise not to use that information for evil!!! just reassurance.
Closed Thread