UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 12-21-2004, 01:04 PM   #1  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

Default Anyone wanna box?

Hello again! I seem to have drifted off again. I got my cert! Well half of it.

I now get to teach Boxercise. But I need to retake the KickBoxercise course. Apparently my balance is awful and I flail around with my arms!!!

I loved the course but was really tired after the first day. I didn't really think I was on, cos I just wasn't fit enough! Happily they give you a free retake within 3 months, so I have signed up for that already! This time I WILL use the time to practice and get fit! HONEST!!!

So now I have decided I need the help and absolutely have to do it perhaps some of you guys will help kick me into shape? I promise a free half hour class for each and everyone of you who does, if you live within 30 miles of me that is
stef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 11:02 AM   #2  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Stef,
Well done on getting your half cert. I'll take you up on the free class next time I'm home....LOL!

So tell us more about this boxercise, is it reminisent of Billy Banks Tae-bo at all? I have his vids, can't get past the second one without thinking I'm gonna collapase though! But I like them as a good work out.

I like your New Year Resolutions, we should all stick by them. I have some of my own, but will call them new life resolutions as I'm a bugger and always dump out of new year ones, about the first week!

So how are you doing in your new house in the sticks? Any neigbs? People to talk to? Well I wish you well in your endevours. I know you'll do great. Have Happy Christmas.
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 02:19 PM   #3  

Ok let's all move near her then she'll be sorry
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 08:33 AM   #4  
Just one bite at a time

Hi Chris, thanks! You are most welcome anytime you are a visitin'.

Apparently Tae Bo is a swear word to the Boxercise guys. I too have a vid and have had problems getting my body to do even half of the moves. Although like you I have always enjoyed trying - that's why I signed up for the Boxercise course in the first place! There are no local instructors and my work payed for the cert, so I'll get lots of practice teaching other not so fit folks.

Having done the course now I really do see the scary Billy bits! It's sooooooo ballistic and fast that I am not suprised my fat little body can't wiggle quick enough. I will still do the Tae Bo, but I might just memorise a set and then do it to my own, slower music!!!!!

As for the house - well we live in the middle of pheasant shoots, foxhunting and mud!!! We have neghbours but haven't met them yet - the mud makes casual visiting impossible, it's river deep (well, not really but...)

Veggie, I reckon you live close enough - come on down

Lastly I have only gained half a pound, and that might be cos I just got out of the bath and my hair is still wet - a succesful, overeating Christmas, I wish the same to you both!
Old 01-01-2005, 03:29 AM   #5  

Default Am i close enough?

Hi Stef,

I haven't posted for a while but I live in Wiltshire - not sure where in Gloucestershire you are but it may be close enough if you are still looking for a guinea pig let me know!

Tracy
TracyLangford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 06:49 AM   #6  
Just one bite at a time

Good Grief Tracy! That was supposed to be a threat!!!

Having said that... Swindon's not so far away, so you could be deep in trouble

I am about to hit the gym where I teach a couple of classes a week. They very kindly include free membership as part of the instructor package. I will be doing slow motion, Karate Kid like moves in front of the studio mirror for weeks - so embarrassing thatI have checked out the spot in the studio that the cameras don't quite cover and will be going in at about 6.30 am!

Hopefully this will give me the confidence and appearance of knowing what I am doing, so's I can teach Boxercise very quickly, and to give me better EVERYTHING to retake the KickBoxercise in March.

If I need a real live person to practice one I will definitely give you a shout. Apart from anthing else it would be odd (nicely odd that is) to meet a UKFC for real!

Happy New Year and may al your weight change be in the right direction!