UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 11-04-2016, 03:56 AM   #1  

Default Newbie

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and I'm so happy that I found it. I really need some support as I've got about 3 stone to lose. Fingers crossed. Schubert
Schubert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 09:56 AM   #2  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Hey! Where are you from? tell us a little about yourself. I have nearly lost 3 stone (I am 4lbs away from it), and I have done it with losing just 1 lb a week. During that loss I was able to tone along the way so that I didn't have any saggy bits (or tried anyway ). I also started using the My fitness pal app so that I was teaching myself about food and calorie control and Macros. By doing that, It means that I am better prepared to maintain.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 08:14 AM   #3  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Hello!

This is a really friendly place, I find.

How are you planning to lose the weight? Me, I tend to the simplistic: Eat Less, Move more; but within that, I limit my carb intake. And I walk as much as possible: I use a basic fitbit and get 10,000+ steps in a day.

My history:

2002-2004: Lost 106lbs on portion control and walking alone, got to within 16lbs of target, got complacent and over the next 10 or so years regained 100lbs.

June 2015 - Easter 2016: Lost 79lbs, this time limiting the carbs. Diabetes nurse encouraged me to eat a few more "occasionally" but I find I'm very carb sensitive, and one biscuit or cake can start a binge. Was already struggling with weight regain when very elderly mother went into hospital and then died. Stress does not kill my appetite. I regained 52lbs.

Re-started Dec 28th 2016. From then til now have lost 9.5lbs. Eating plenty veg, a little fruit, no bread/rice/oats.

My only advice:
Either: Don't be like me! Keep your momentum up. It doesn't have to be a fast momentum, just don't do the massive rollbacks I've done.
Or: If you roll back, Be like me! There's always another day to rerestart on.

Good luck
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 10:55 AM   #4  

Hello! I'm new here too!
I am feeling super motivated. I would love to lose 6st. I am eating healthy but I'm still in no mood to exercise. Could you give me any tips?
Lucylooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 04:38 AM   #5  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Rosinante What a great outlook to have. I have fluctuated up and around my current weight for 10 years and on two occasions got within a stone or less of 'normal' BMI. I have always ended up back with a BMI of between 32 and 35 without even really noticing it, so this time I am also trying to find a way to lose while training myself for life. I hope that by training myself I will finally get there and stay there forever.

Lucylooks That motivation is half the battle, long may it continue! I restarted my journey to lose hopefully 4 stone plus a week or so ago and at the moment I am focusing on sorting out my eating habit by planning ahead and cutting out my 'trigger' foods and really monitoring my saturated fat levels as well as anything processed. I am also working towards being more active and last week certainly walked more, but I am not yet in a place for hardcore exercise, something that in previous weight loss journeys was the central part. I will get there, but first battle is food for me too. Are you tracking or logging your meals?

I made a UK Chicks chat post, if anyone would like to share ideas and support, please do post in there!

Have a lovely Sunday one and all.
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote