UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 11-27-2013, 08:00 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 182/182/140

Hello!

I'm new here - nice to see a UK section!

I want to lose 2.5/3 stone and have given up Slimming World (because I was fed up of stopping and starting constantly, thought it was time for a change) and am giving the South Beach Diet a go instead. Any of you UK girlies giving that diet a go?
MuchMoreMuchier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 03:56 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 178/120

Height: 5'2''

Hello everyone! I'm from Vermont in the US but now live in Manchester. I'm new here and I hope to achieve my goals of losing between 3 and 4 stone in the coming year. I am doing an Atkins-style diet but allowing myself milk in my coffee, otherwise I'm being strict (Induction Phase). I know it's not the best time to diet, right before Christmas, but I put on 10lbs between the end of September and now, eating all the wrong foods and I don't want to put on any more weight before Christmas!

It's lovely to see you all here, best of luck to everyone!

xx K
CherryDarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:58 AM   #33  

S/C/G: slimming world

Height: 5ft 7in

newbie and first post

So i joined slimming world on 25/11/13. After trying many fab and crash diets i kept piling on the lbs... So i got over the "i'm too fat to join etc" and i went... i had my first weigh in yesterday and lost 9 1/2 lb, my mom also lost 5lb so thats a whopping 1stone between us! i am over the moon! i still have a long way to go (8stone). Stuck to the plan 100% only using the lower end of my syns and keeping active...
I was just wondering how much weight people have lost on sw and how long it took you to reach your goal.. i know everyone is different and we all lose weight at different stages.
clairemummyof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #34  
Size 12 yes please

S/C/G: 13.7 and my goal is 11 stone

Height: 5ft4

Hi I'm from Essex I'm also on my fitness pal add me lauralsxx I'm 13.7 was 16 want to be 11 so lots of help please xx

Last edited by Lauraxx; 12-07-2013 at 05:50 PM.
Lauraxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:01 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 240/240/175

Height: 5'6

Hi all,

This is my first day....am a bit torn between being a bit ashamed as I have finally got my figures.. and quite chuffed that I have signed up here rather than lurking behind the scenes! I want to lose about 65lbs to start with (will take me to happy healthy and 'normal') and going to need some help!! Now going to take a look about and work out what I need to do to make a start!!

Faye (West Yorks)x
faye242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:13 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 242lbs/239lbs/when I'm happy

Height: 5ft 5ins

Hi

Im from Birmingham.only just starting my weight loss journey (again).

Allison
allyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:16 PM   #37  
struggling

Hiya!

I am CharliB East London and I am looking for someone who can be weightloss buddies with me.

192lbs 5ft 7 and 40yrs old
CharliBaltimore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:47 PM   #38  

Height: 5'7''

Hey!

I'm Kate, 22 and I live in Aberdeen. Currently 191, aiming for 140.

Nice to meet you all - having a good support network makes ALL the difference!

I'm calorie counting and doing regular exercise to try and shift the pounds I gained at Uni. I'm now a teacher and I'm trying to set routines in my life to get back to a healthier me!

K. x
NewKate2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:15 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 244/238/146

Height: 5'4"

Hello
I'm Lily from Derbyshire. I read Zoe Harcombes book and the idea that what I eat/overeat is feeding a condition really struck a cord with me. I am determined to conquer my addiction to salt and vinegar Kettle chips and achieve a healthy BMI.
lilythebeige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:05 PM   #40  
Plodding Along

S/C/G: 182/-/126

Height: 5'3"

Hello!

I'm 20 and from London. Currently 12st 6lbs and trying to get down to 9st, although I'd be more than chuffed with 10st too!

I'm not on a specific diet, just trying to eat less of everything and only have takeaways once a month instead of three times a week. Oh, and trying to curb my ever growing caffeine and crisp addiction.

Good luck everyone, we can totes do it! x
FrancesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:36 PM   #41  

Hi,

I'm in South Devon (torbay) and I also use the MFP website/app to track my food. I'm not on a specific diet, just trying to eat right, with a calorie goal and ensuring that I exercise regularly.

I started my weightloss journey in the summer of 2012, when I weighed 280lbs (20 stone). I got down to 190lbs (13.5st) by June 2013. Unfortunately I have put 30lbs back on and currently weigh 218lbs (15.5 st). I am determined to get this yo-yo weight and more shifted.

I have a mini goal of getting to 199lbs by June.

I really want to lose weight to be healthier and able to run around after a toddler and generally be able to enjoy life more.
orangesmartie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:15 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 279/268/140

Height: 5ft6in

Hi All
I'm from Southampton and have a massive 10 stone to lose. I am currently taking Orlistat from my GP and follow a low cal/low fat diet. I also use myfitnesspal but have absolutely no idea how to add people! Good Luck to all and I know we are all headed in the right direction xx
Crazziemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 04:39 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 138.6/122.4/120

Height: 5ft 5"

hi everyone!i guess u could call me a 'cereal dieter' as when i first started dietin back in 2009 i lost just over 4stone in about a year followin the then special k online diet with regular excersise-since then my weight goes up and down with thing like bdays n xmas when i basically eat unhealthy stuff lol then gain weight,go back to diet n lose it then do it all over again-iv now adapted my healthy eating as iv worked out wat works 4me personally thru experience-im also type 1 diabetic so that can make losin weight harder-my problem is that i can b really strict n follow my plan but if i fall off the wagon i can eat non stop and i eat anythin and everything-i have a big prob with binge eating-its taken me 3 attempts since jan 14 to start over after gaining 1 and 1/2 stone in 4weeks over xmas-i managed 2 weeks a few weeks ago then binged over last wknd and gained back the 1/2stone id lost-its stress mainly and i think as well as food bein a comfort at the time i think i do it to punish myself in a weird way..anyway since this monday i have stuck to it and am in a good state of mind to keep goin this time-we can all do it if ur determined and dont let anythin/one stop u!also if u do have a bad day n eat some choc it dong matter just start again afresh asap-thats what i find works ŕ me anyway n everyones different so find wat works 4u and most important-do it for u and ur happiness!lets support each other and good luck to everyone no matter what ur goal is or the journey ur on :-)
LittleMissNiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:20 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 195/188/140

Height: 5 ft. 3 inches

Hello -- I am Ruby and I am from New York, but have been living in London since 1994. Did Atkins once successfully -- just about ten years ago, and am now back where I was -- slow gain over the years... personally, I am pretty pleased that it has taken this long to put it all back on, given how bad the statistics are... Nonetheless the road ahead looks scary, and I am hoping that I can pull off again what I did once. I have been doing my version of a modified Atkins for the last two weeks, and for someone who takes a whole load of meds, I have done okay so far. But am pleased to see a UK board.... Ruby.

Last edited by RubyJan; 02-15-2014 at 07:24 AM. Reason: forgot to finish one sentence
RubyJan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:46 AM   #45  

Hi, I'm from the north east UK, I've got aprox 60lbs to go and looking for friends to help keep me motivated.

Love and light peeps xx
Poppylane is offline   Reply With Quote