UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:15 PM   #1  
Fighting the flab

S/C/G: 18.3/18.3/11 to 10 stone.

Height: 5 foot 9.

Unhappy My mouth is watering :(

Right now I have hit an obstacale in my diet.

My boyfriend has made himself a chicken fillet wrapped in bacon with a tomato/bbq sauce covered in mozzarella with some onion rings (he can get away with this as he is thin and fit grrr) I am sitting here smelling it and it smells amazing, my mouth is watering like mad.

I could easily grab a few bites, I know he wouldnt let me because I have told him not to let me eat rubbish, but I WANT to have some.

Any advice on ignoring my senses? Its not that I NEED some, Im not even hungry, I just want some!!!!

How do you deal with these moments??

Rach.xxx
willbeayummymummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Go for a walk, or my personal favorite - try on clothes at a department store. It reminds you how far you've come and how much further you want to go.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:34 PM   #3  
it's always something

Quickly remind yourself why you're in this. Go step on a scale or pinch an inch, find a mirror and strip, or look up your latest blood cholesterol scores. Whatever sparked your journey, face it and realize it's now or never

I actually clicked on this thread because (apparently I need my eyes checked) I thought the title of your thread said "My Potty Mouth is Watering" and I had to investigate
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:53 PM   #4  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

That does sound yummy.

Word of caution to your boyfriend, though. Just b/c he is young/thin/buff, does NOT mean he should eat like that! I think we give men the go-ahead to eat like sh*t, b/c they need to consume more calories and have higher metabolisms.

My husband is hot-to-trot and super in shape. Always has been. His cholesterol is THROUGH THE ROOF. :-(

Maybe he could get more onboard with the healthy lifestyle you are embracing!!
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 203/155/130??

Height: 5'6"

That actually sounds like a typical meal I could eat to *lose* weight - it sounds low-carb (just meat, cheese. onion). The BBQ sauce might have too much sugar though to be low-carb...
Kattt is offline   Reply With Quote