UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2002, 08:00 PM   #1  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Question Hello For Across The Big Pond!!!

HELLO EVERY BUDDY!!!

I have a question for all of you over there...I have just ordered a product from England called THE DIET PLATE and wonder if any of you have heard of it, or use it yourself?

ALSO....how much is a STONE opposed to a POUND??? I see this mentioned all the time, and just don't know the difference!

Thanks in advance for your answers

BOB

aka....THE BIG ORANGE BABE!!
Old 06-15-2002, 05:34 AM   #2  
Phat Chick

Hi BOB

Can't help you with the Diet Plate
but
14 lbs (pounds) are equal to 1 stone.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-15-2002, 10:37 AM   #3  

Hiya

I have heard of the diet plate wish I'd thought of it! Its just a plate divided up into sections of the different food groups and the quantities you should eat each meal that's right I think!
Old 06-15-2002, 06:29 PM   #4  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

Diet plates are based on sound basic nutritional advice. Many years ago nutritionists were asked to devise an easy to use portion control device, the plate and the food pyramid were just 2 of their solutions.

If you have problems weighing food and counting cals etc etc it probably is worth trying out the plate. But why spend the cash on a purpose made one when it is really easy, and you learn more, by making one for yourself?!?!?!

For the commercial, for sale diet plate you could go to
http://www.hsionline.com/products/ec...2/item6471.htm

But you could get a whole load of FREE info from the American Institute for Cancer Research
http://www.aicr.org/nap2.htm

This site has great visuals, it's free and wonderful, it also has the food pyramid: http://www.warburtons.co.uk/educatio.../balanced.html

I would suggest that you have a look at these sites and read up all you can. Then buy a plain white 11 inch plate and divide it up with an indelible pen! Cheaper and easy to replace when your best mate 'borrows' it!!

I hope this is the kind of info you wanted - I really enjoyed the search I made for it - all those weird sites!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2002, 04:22 PM   #5  

AFTERNOON ALL

STEF...thanks a million for the research...I really appreciate it.
I'm off to check out the links now..
Too bad, I've already bought the plate, just waiting on it to be delivered. Portion control is my BIG problem so I'm hoping it can help. Too bad I didn't ask you first

VEGGIE and BPB...thanks for your input..I've always wondered about the stone thing..now I know.

BOB
Old 06-16-2002, 05:19 PM   #6  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

Hey Orange Babe,

Don't despair! Read around then you can be the expert and make plates for your friends! I have done a couple for close friends and a couple of clients whose dieticians weren't too helpful.

Good luck with it when it arrives, it has a good track record (even if the commercial one is new the idea isn't)!!!

Let us know how you get on, please. Stef
Old 07-15-2002, 07:48 PM   #7  

EVENING!!!

everyone...Guess I should have taken Stef's advice and made my own DIET PLATE..Here I am one month later and haven't received NOR have the so called plates been UNLOADED from the boat that brought them across the GREAT POND!!!

SO...I'm sectioning off my OWN plate and will give this thing called portion control a whirl!!

Hope everyone over there is doing good...I see you all watch BIG BROTHER...is it the same one we have just started here? I love that show..

Thanks for the ear..

BOB
Old 07-16-2002, 05:09 AM   #8  

Oh dear a month and still waiting what a drag! The us and uk BB are the same but different ie there are americans in the us one!! Here we just have moany british types in ours.
Old 07-18-2002, 07:26 PM   #9  

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

Maybe I should have complained sooner...the plate came yesterday via UPS...

I really think it's something that will help me. and I will keep you posted!

BOB
Closed Thread