UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 08-23-2008, 03:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 264/250/140

Height: 5ft 9"

Default Weight loss confession!

Hi all,
If you read my rather long thread about my gaining 1 3/4lbs last week you will know that I wanted to lose what I had put on this week + 2lbs a total of 3 3/4lbs.
My weigh in day was Thursday and I had lost 4 1/2lbs!
I had walked my 10 miles, this time with 2 walking sticks used like ski's, which I think really helped, if not with the weigh loss then with the muscle tone, I could feel my stomach muscles working!
I know I have a long way to go before I can actually see ANY toned muscle (bar my mouth) but it was nice to actually feel them working!

I just wanted to say thank you for all your support when I put that weight on, it really helped to kick me into touch with my goal again.

In all I have now lost 12lbs.
I cant wait until next Thursday because I know I will be 17 stone something instead of 18 stone 13 3/4lbs.
Thanks again
Bonjul

Last edited by Bonjul; 08-23-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Bonjul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 07:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 266/207/136

Height: 5'6''

well done, thats great!!
gr00vybabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 07:31 AM   #3  
Hatchling

S/C/G: 160/146/122

Height: 5'2"

That is brilliant! well done. Do you mind me asking for more info on your walking. I enjoy walking and do 5k a day - but locally on the streets and in a country park at weekends. I've been thinking about joining a rambling club for a while, and I've always wondered what the poles were for!

Congrats again on your fab loss!

Lou
x louise x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:36 PM   #4  

Hi Lou,
I do Nordic walking.
I found this link & it has lots of info about walking for weight loss.
http://walking.about.com/cs/howtolos...howcalburn.htm
I started because its free! But the sticks work your upper body, so it becomes more like swimming, works almost every muscle in your body!
Also you hardly feel any difference, but it still seems to help me lose more weight.
I would love to say more, but I am only 5 weeks into my weight loss journey (this time!lol) so its really hard to tell.
What I am hoping is that combined with a healthy diet and a gradual weight loss my loose skin will not be too bad.
I hate all other exercise, well actually I hate the way other look at me at the gym or swimming, so I dont go, even though I would love too! Another 4 stone & I will start going, but for now walking is the answer for me.
Nordic walking seems to address this.
I walk across country, the same route generally, along the canal paths and round the mere's (lakes) where I live.
I find it gives me time to think, daydream, get out my anger & frustration!
I currently walk 10 miles twice a week, but as from Sept I will be upping this to 3 times a week because I have more childcare.
It is also very soothing (I find) walking in the woods and by water, ver chilled, which is good for me!
The sticks can be bought from ebay from £5 to £50 a pair.
I find the best ones are poles, without handles, I have both & I prefer the ones that look like ski poles.
Search for walking poles on ebay, there are plenty.
Hope that helps & thanks for being intersted, makes me feel needed in some way!
Bonjul
Old 08-27-2008, 05:54 AM   #5  
Hatchling

S/C/G: 160/146/122

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the link I have found a walking club near me and I'm going to Join mid September when my assignments are in.

It's always something I've wanted to do, I just wish I lived near somewhere as picturesque as you do. I know what you mean about walking being soothing.

Thanks!

Lou
x louise x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 06:19 AM   #6  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Bonj you're doing a fantastic job. It's always difficult to gain weight and so easy to get stuck into a rut of re losing the same lbs over & over again, but I think you just proved to yourself you wont get to that point.

Well done
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 03:20 PM   #7  

LOL Spoz! I am just sitting here thinking even though ive walked 14 miles this week i wont lose any weight.
I think this is because i ate out 4 times last week. My girls had their 3rd birthday and all the grandparents came up so I let them take us out!
I made good choices, all salad or jacket potatoes, no dessert, a couple of days I had a soup starter as well, but all veg. I also had 7 vodkas & diet coke over the weekend as well and i had some of the girls birthday cake
I am also due on, i feel heavy and tearful and I am craving dairy
I havent exactly cheated to an extreme level, ut enough to think i've failed this week.
That said, if I stay th same weight it will be ok, its just a gain I am dreading.
Do periods make you put weight on the scales for that week?