UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 08-17-2008, 03:54 PM   #1  
Kimberley

S/C/G: 23st 6lbs

Height: 5ft 11

Default Newbie needs some advice!

Well a little about me to start? I’m 18 from Birmingham, I am currently studying to be a maths teacher at university, I adore animals and have 2 house rabbits (yes u heard right!), 2 dogs and 2 gerbils.
After years of trying to find the magic trick which involves me going to bed a size 24 and waking up a size 12 I’ve decided to just stick it out and diet and exercise properly however I’m having a little trouble. I currently weigh 23 stone 4lbs (I was totally shocked last time I weighed myself I was only 20 I can’t believe how it piles on over the months) anyway I have been eating well salads and all the boring stuff lol and allowing myself one treat a week however I really can’t find an exercise I enjoy, I love going to the gym but can’t afford it anymore (it's not so much going I like it’s the satisfied feeling you get when you come out) and I absolutely loath walking, I would rather gouge my eyes out than go walking for half an hour, even with music I find it SO boring. So I was wondering if anyone had anything I could try which would give me a much needed work out but avoid either a lot of expense or just going walking?
I think it has always been my downfall, I was always trying to do things like eat less and not increase my exercise, I would do Atkins and whatever but ultimately the fact I didn’t exercise just meant I was losing weight for the first few weeks then just came to a standby.
Any advice/tips would be awesome; I am looking forward to getting to know all of you in the months to come!
kimberleyanddarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 07:17 PM   #2  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

I just bought Turbo Jam after reading several wonderful reviews on this website as well as others. I bought a 5 disk TJ for $10 used on Amazon.com.
It's suppose to be very upbeat and motivating, and the instructor is wonderful =]

Check it out!
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 07:24 PM   #3  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Here is a link to some reviews on infomercial results... and this one is specifically for Turbo Jam
http://www.fitnessinfomercialreview....iews/turbo_jam
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:00 AM   #4  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

theres plenty of exercises u can do that wont bore you....
perhaps the use of an mp3 player would help?!....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 266/207/136

Height: 5'6''

I really got into Tae Bo when I was first trying to lose weight (when I was 19 stones), I found it so much fun because it incorporates dance, aerobics and boxing all in the same workout.
gr00vybabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:56 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 194/174/133

Height: 5.2

How about walking and playing football with your dogs, instead of the gym? That's free! I have loads of fun with my dogs and instead of taking them in the car to the local field, I now walk them there and back and it's great fun indeed. Also you meet new friends this way.
Super Chunk is offline   Reply With Quote