UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-05-2008, 07:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 286/230/154

Height: 5ft 7

Default Re-think needed!!!

Hi all

I'm in desperate need of motivation, will power - heck even fairy dust will do!!!

I've spent the last couple of years at Slimming World - tough battle but managed to lose about 4 stone - still big then at about 16 stone. Then last year my mum died and I just lost all inspiration to keep going - to be honest I was losing it anyway but that topped me off.

I gave up SW around Christmas time - fed up of paying to see 1lb off 2lbs on etc etc. The leader was very uninspiring and to be honest couldn't cope with the deeper issues of losing weight - as long as new people kept coming through the door and losing for the first few weeks, she wasn't bothered about those of us who had maintained for the past 6 months and were gradually all stopping going.

The upshot of all this is I've put on about a stone and half again - clothes are getting tighter, I'm getting fed up and bored with myself BUT I still can't get the umph to do somehing about it.

Am i just feeling sorry for myself and absolving any responsiblity or have other people felt like this? What got you going again?

Any inspiration would be good -i'm heading off to Newquay this week to chill - leaving work, blackberries and mobiles at home -I'm hoping to come back renewed with some idea of where I'm going -any help would be appreciated

Bubbly ( slightly less effervescent than usual tho!!!)
Bubbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 07:44 AM   #2  

hard to know what to suggest. i found that swapping Sw to WW helped me when I got stuck, however I'm stuck again now. I'm not dieting as such at the mo but Will look at it agian in a month or so when I'm back off my holidays.
sarahgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 02:27 PM   #3  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

find someone to will u on and keep you going....
for example if u go to the gym go with a friend....
and push one another....
its helped me....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 03:28 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Will Faerie dust do?

Why do you want to lose weight? Seriously. Maybe taking the time to write down the reasons why you're doing this would help.

Many people hit plateaus and stumbles along their way. I don't want this to sound as harsh as it might, but ... what did stopping get you? At the very least when you were continuing you weren't gaining too much. You were maintaining. But... giving up... didn't get you any closer to where you truly want to be, right?

If you're tired of Slimming World, maybe it's time to try something new to give yourself a kickstart. But, remember as you're beginning anew this time around, that this does take commitment. Especially through the tough times. You can do this! Stick with it, whatever you decide.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 04:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 176/162/119

Bubbly - I was the same a couple of weeks ago, but just starting to diet again and coming here regularly really helped me with my inspiration and motivation.

Good luck and enjoy Newquay!
Pachyderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 04:37 AM   #6  
Slimming Down

S/C/G: 267/239/145

Height: 5"4

Bubbly...

I agree with "Faerie" that write down your thoughts, and your inspirations.. as for SW.. change it ... it's good to change to another place or method to boost your will.
Plus, you've lost alot already... dont give up now, you've come a long way... and before you leave SW inform the Leader that she was no help to old members...
Also, have mini goals set .. and wil each mini goal, have a reward waiting for you...

I hope this helps you ...and I wish you the best.
Sharry is offline   Reply With Quote