UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 12:18 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 176/162/119

Hi all. I remember some of you from when I came on here before, others of you are new to me, like Angeleyezx - sorry I didn't say hi before!

Kn1ghtbabe, I hope you are still feeling positive and you are on the mend.

Otherwise it looks like a lot of us are in the same boat - i.e. no movement on the scales. I have no proper excuse though - I have been completely unmotivated recently so I haven't even been trying. I've eaten particularly badly in the last few weeks, but I'm going to change all of that.

I went for a cycle around my village yesterday evening. I found a route that avoided all the main roads, and two circuits came to 6 miles . At the moment I can only do it if it isn't properly dark though, the pot holes are terrible around here and I would be spreading my face across the tarmac if I tried that at night. One day when I can afford it, I want to get a touring bike and a big, high-powered light like a car headlamp. Even the best of the standard bike lamps aren't good enough to see by on unlit roads in the dark. More to be seen that to see with I guess.

Anyway, I wasn't brilliant with my food, but I didn't stuff myself like I have pretty much everyday recently, so I'm counting that as a bit of a win!

I've written out a whole new "change plan" looking at my whole lifestyle and all the positive things I want to do, and that is very motivating. If only I weren't so tired, I am sure that I would feel more able to do this.

Happy dieting everyone!

Sorry about your stomach pain Veggie. Have you seen anyone about it? 10 days is quite a long time to be feeling sore, maybe they could do something?

Last edited by Pachyderm; 03-18-2008 at 12:19 PM.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:16 PM   #17  
I can lose

S/C/G: 285/see ticker/175

Height: 5ft 5

Veggie-think you ought to get that stomach pain sorted.
Must agree no quibble means full scale argument when trying to return something.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:49 AM   #18  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Girls God its been ages a lots been going on on my own again hubby and I have parted ways again looks like its for good this time lost about 15lbs since I was last here not through dieting though been eating those evil little creme and caramel eggs like there is no tomorrow speaking of which HAPPY EASTER to you all i'm tired and i've got to get my tax stuff together so i'll be back soon
Old 03-20-2008, 09:01 AM   #19  
I can lose

Hi Cat - Sorry to hear about you and your hubby. Well done on the weight loss tho.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:15 PM   #20  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

Hiya Pachyderm, grr the weightloss thing is getting to me, I lost 2lbs that week from hitting the gym and now I have it all back :S and some Im sure, bloody Easter! I have a hen party this saturday after work and Im working sunday, yes my branch of clothes store is open on a sunday :S

Im still going to the gym, enjoying it, but meh. Im all too annoyed with my weight.
Sorry to hear about you and ur husband Cat, great WL tho!
KB how are you progressing?
Old 03-21-2008, 12:17 PM   #21  
I can lose

I'm doin ok. Starting to eat more solids. Walking is getting faster altho foot still draggin. Also managing to make a sandwich. It's like being a kid again. Also managed to put my hair in a ponytail this morning altho fingers not working properly.

On Monday I am hoping to go and see my mum (120 miles away). Have spoken to her daily but no once she has seen me she won't worry so much.

Hope everyone has a good easter.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:31 AM   #22  
I can lose

A good 2 inches of snow here in Lincolnshire.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:16 PM   #23  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Happy snowy Easter all you lot on the British Isles. Mum just sent me pics of their's from this morning, looks lovely, only cos it's not over this way for a change

Don't eat too many eggs, I only have a small packet of cadbury mini eggs dark (healthy) and am rationing them.

Welcome back Cat, hope you're doing ok, we miss you. Sorry to hear about hubs.

KB, glad you're getting to some solids, you'll be fit as a fiddle soon... you have the power.

Must go do some washing....been a lazy soandso today and had a nap, now I need to get some things done
Old 03-23-2008, 03:56 PM   #24  
I can lose

Woohoo! I managed to walk a few steps without my stick. It's difficult to walk whilst having to look at your leg and foot to make sure there doing what they are meant to do.
I am off to visit my mum tomorrow. She is cooking simple foods for me.
Just 8 days until my occupational therapy assessment. Hopefully they'll give me something to enable me to get in the bath. I long for a leisurely soak in my jacuzzi bath.
My OH was sent home from work this morning with man flu. He's been in bed ever since. I did mention that I might need feeding, but I think it fell on deaf ears.

Last edited by kn1ghtbabe; 03-24-2008 at 02:35 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:38 PM   #25  
I can lose

Been to my mum's today. Bless her she offered me a bath. Her bathroom is all kitted out from when she had her stroke. It was pure bliss, but I was completely shattered afterwards. I slept in the car on the way home.

Hope everyone has had a good easter monday.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:20 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 176/162/119

Ooh, I'm glad you had a nice relaxing bath Kn1ghtbabe! Hopefully they will get you sorted out at the OT so that you can have one whenever you like. After all, it is hydrotherapy

I've been very bad this weekend, while not being as bad as I could too. I didn't do any out of control bingy-type eating which I have been trying to stop, but I did graze on bad foods throughout most of the weekend. I also didn't get out on my bike once, despite all my good intentions. . I also did no studying so I am now more stressed than ever and I'm developing insomnia , which only gives more hours to eat in, and less hours of productive studying. I seem to be on a downward spiral of destruction at the moment and I can't seem to get myself out of it.

I need sleep. I need to study. I need to stop eating so much, and I need to do more exercise. And if I got all of that under control, I would find it easier to do it!
Old 03-25-2008, 03:12 PM   #27  

I can't stop eating I'm blaming it on my period this week as in the last year I've only had one in April, December, January and today so I'm unused to them. I thought something was up I had pain then anger and then started dropping stuff! I may be turning into The Hulk!

Ooh anyone watching the search for Oliver and Nancy (I'd do anything) on BBC1? Jodie who won The Biggest Loser UK is one of the Nancys.

Last edited by veggie; 03-25-2008 at 03:16 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:32 PM   #28  
I can lose

Well April is almost upon us. I have a busy day tomorrow. I have a physio appointment at one hospital and then I have to get to another hospital for my assessment to hopefully get some equipment so that I can have a bath. I am also hoping that following being on xenical for 2 weeks that the scales show me a loss tomorrow.
Closed Thread