UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 12-18-2007, 07:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/233/196

Height: 5'9''

Default Looking Forward, Not Back...

Hi guys!

I joined up here early this year, and my aim was to lose 4 stone initially, I've only managed 2 and a half, whilst I know this isn't hitting my target, nowhere near, I'm glad I've lost some and it's going in the right direction.

It doesn't seem a year ago that I started this diet lark, it's flown by, and to be honest it's been a REALLY hard year, personally. I've overcome a lot, learnt and lot and while my weightloss has kind of slipped, I feel so much better mentally, to tackle this head on. I'm determined that 2008 will be better for me. I'm not officially starting til the New Year, it seems daft to start so near Christmas, when I'd rather enjoy my Christmas and then have a fresh head for the New Year. Also, when I say 'slipped' these last few months, I mean not lost any weight, as opposed to putting on, so I'm happy enough with that.

I just wanted to say, this forum is great And also ask people what their plans are for 2008? Do you need to lose more or is it at maintenance? What are your targets and did you fulfil those you set in 2007? Are you happier in yourself now that you've lost weight or will you not be happy til you hit your target?

As for me I'm happier in myself that I've lost some, it's been other things that have brought me down, but I'm learning. I'll be happier when I get another 2 stone, possibly 3 off, and it doesn't seem as scary as it did last year when I wanted to shift 4!
Zippy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 11:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 177/171.2/154

Height: 5' 5.5"

Way to go, Zippy!! 2.5 stone is a LOT! You're doing great! I wanted to be down to 145 by now. Then I changed my goal to 155, then 165, then 170, and don't even know if I'll make that. Your goals shift as you see what your body can or cannot accomplish. Before I was married and had a baby, 30 lbs seemed a lot easier, but now I have had to go easier on myself because life circumstances change. Whenever I get discouraged, I just remind myself HOW FAR I've come. Just keep telling yourself how far you've come!

My goals for 2008 are to lose another 15-20 lbs.
Start working out at the gym more (like 3-4 times a week).
Be in GREAT shape when I get preggie with #2.
Learn to eat intuitively (when I'm hungry, not when I think I should).

Those are my food/weight loss/fitness goals.

Blessings to you! May 2008 be your year, Zippy!!
mom2mollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 05:31 AM   #3  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

You have done really well! Well done, i havecome on here looking for inspiration and have found it already. I have just had 3 extremely indulgent days, time to halt I think, thank goodness christmas only comes once a year!

I have a lot of hard work ahead!

Good luck to all of us!
tupperware queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 06:20 AM   #4  

Well done. I have lost 4 stone and it took me nearly 2 years to do it, 2.5 stone in one year is fine. As for 2008 my goal is to get to 10.5 stone then work out how to stay there
sarahgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 08:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Well done Zippy. Like Sarahgrace (well done you too) it took me two years to almost five stone. However since last year I have gained probably about 10lbs maybe a little more or a little less. I havent weighed myself as yet.

My goal for 2008 is to cut out the junk that has been slipping into my diet.
I'd like to lose a stone, there is no rush, just to feel in control again, and for my clothes to feel better. Maintaining has been a struggle this year. I'm getting my head in the right place again though so things are looking good.

Have a restful Sunday
Michele
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 01:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

Hey Zippy well done it's great to look back at a year and realise that we at least partly met our goals! This year I lost 7st 3.5lbs... in the past month I've regained 1st but heh swings and roundabouts - lifetime put it on so what if it takes a few weeks longer than I'd like to get to goal - important thing is that we all keep going.

Plans for 2008 - drop 44lbs and I want to run the 'race for life' in may (oh and I want to go on holiday somewhere but I'm not sure where yet!)

Hope you have a great 2008
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 03:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Blimey well done you

Michele
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote