UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2002, 12:40 PM   #1  
Theres no stopping me now

Question Anybody know the points for .....

HELP !!!!!!! We are having pakora for tea & I can't find a point value for it anywhere. It's coming from the Indian Takeaway so no nutrition info on the wrapping.

Can anybody help- have tried WW site but no help - about to try the WW threads here.

Carol
Old 01-26-2002, 01:08 PM   #2  

I found it out on weight loss resources. Pakora per 100gs has 180 cals and 8.2g of fat. Taking the saturated fat as 4.1g, that gives me a WW point rating of 3.5 for 100gs.

I've got 15 points left for today, so figure as long as I don't have more than 400g's of pakora then I'll be OK. Not over fond of the sauce so that's not a problem.

I can see Rays face when I weigh out the Pakora when he brings it in later .......

Carol
Old 01-26-2002, 01:12 PM   #3  
Phat Chick

What is Pakora? Just had a look in my eating out guide, but it wasn't listed. Was about to ask if it went under another name.
Old 01-26-2002, 03:59 PM   #4  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

It is awful when you are trying to be good and you can't find out how much cals/points etc items contain.

i am not usually one for 'mean cuisine' type ready meals because they are such small portions and I find I am still hungry when I have one for a main meal, even with lots of veg, but I asked him indoors to bring me some from Asda , they do a good selection of 5% fat meals, low priced and not bad portions, called 'Good for you' I believe. well imagine my horror when I checked out the calories of Beef in peppercorn sauce with rice................one portion............1035 calories.............It is a good job I checked before I ate it. He had it for his tea with a very large portion of braised red cabbage and I had the much more diet friendly Chicken penne arrabiata at 228 calories.
Phew, close shave, I would have been in bed now if I had eaten that for tea!!
Old 01-26-2002, 06:19 PM   #5  

BPB - Pakora is an Indian starter - usually vegetables mashed together (I think) and then fried in batter & spices. Can reccommend them, they come with a spicey sauce - which I left in the tub.

Got a great big portion - ate nearly 500gs of the lovely things - only put me one point over so I could have been worse.

TQ - I like the Tikka Marsala one, halfed it with Ray the other night for 3.5 points - sorry don't know the cals. It wasn't the biggest portion though and I had to filll up with potatoes & free veg, but it was yummy. Think I'll avoid the beef in peppercorn sauce.

Carol
Old 01-28-2002, 10:52 AM   #6  

Mmm...pakoras are yummy!
Old 01-28-2002, 10:53 AM   #7  

I really fancy a curry now
Old 01-28-2002, 11:40 AM   #8  
Phat Chick

Can you believe I have only had an Indian once and I have never had a Pakora! Am I missing out on one of life's greatest things?
Old 01-28-2002, 11:56 AM   #9  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

I would say you are ...but then I am a big curry fan!! have to make do with calorie counted ones now, there are some good ones about. But the takeaways are so good........mmmmmmmmmm.
Closed Thread