UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2002, 11:28 AM   #1  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

Default Testing/tempting times.....

My son got 'Get Set Chocolate Factory' for Christmas, due to the horrible weather I could no longer postpone the production of chocolate goodies. So off to work we went, the choc provided was cooking chocolate so not too much temptation there.............or so I thought............of course my fingers somehow managed to get full of it and before I knew it they were in my mouth
Luckily I was caught and didn't do it again! The chocolate wasn't too nice anyway. They are all setting in the fridge at the moment, I only hope the force is still with me when they come out later

So what testing times/temptations are you going to be faced with Today/this week?
Old 01-26-2002, 12:30 PM   #2  
Theres no stopping me now

Gotta cope with a buffet lunch at work on Wednsday - might not sound like much hassle but I always eat too much even when I'm being careful. Think the buffets my work provides are full of cals and hidden fat as everything is laden with colesalw / mayonaisse and they do these little delicious indian nibbles - big downfall with me

Am in two minds about how to approach this yet -

1. I can either take my own lunch - bit awkward in the middle of a meeting
2. I can eat less of the buffet and have a light point tea

Decisions decisions ???

Carol
Old 01-27-2002, 11:20 AM   #3  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Sob!! I was FORCED to unwrap those individual white chocolate truffle eggs for DH on the drive home from the supermarket, yesterday. He ate 8 of them in 25 mins.... He said he was peckish because he had missed breakfast.

I am trying to forumulate a strategy for dealing with this problem in the future... but its hard to think of one that doesn't involve castration.

Last edited by Sarah Ann; 01-27-2002 at 11:25 AM.
Old 01-27-2002, 11:32 AM   #4  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Carol - the best way I have found to deal with that sort of situation is to eat two or three pieces of fruit immediately before going so I'm not feeling hungry when faced with the yummy display. Then I help myself to the bare minimum to be polite, trying to pick the low fat choices and spread it out on the plate so it looks full and just nibble at it.

I never try and make up for it later in the day because I know I won't sleep if I go to bed hungry.
Old 01-27-2002, 12:49 PM   #5  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

I was faced with this on the first day back at school this year, it was an inset day and we had a buffet laid on everything was wrapped in filo pastry, deep fried etc so I took all the garnish off the food and had a big salad!! i was at the back of the queue so no one minded. It was my first day of healthy eating this year I didn't want to be defeated so quickly
Closed Thread