Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 06:47 PM   #31  

Height: 5'1"

Hello again ladies....

I'm in the middle of cleaning house. I have so much laundry its unreal. Especially for only two of us!!

Wanted to pop in really quick to see how you are all doing. Had wonderful day w/James yesterday then he gets called to work this morning. I was hoping for an entire weekend w/him!! But what can a gal do?? (catch up on laundry that's what I can do!)

I better get back to cleaning if I want to enjoy the rest of the night. You all have a relaxing sunday.

Hugs
Old 10-16-2006, 12:45 AM   #32  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Everyone -- I got a call today and my mom was taken by ambulance last night and is in the hospital again. She fell out of bed last night, and luckily didn't fall on the leg that she just had surgery on, but her other leg is now sore and very bruised up. They are having a lady put a rail on her bed, because this is about the 6th or 7th time this has happened over the last year. She also was having shortness of breath today and very irritable. I will post again soon. I'm still keeping with my WATP exercising every day and counting my calories. Have a good night!
Old 10-16-2006, 03:00 PM   #33  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi ladies...

Kind of a quick one for me today. Was busy this a.m. and getting ready to with DD to the doc.

JANE...not really sure...Josh just said that March thru May is the cut-off date for R&R. I'm thinking he meant for his platoon. He wasn't specific. Well, I do hope you and Mary find out something soon, waiting is the pits! And don't remind me about Christmas, YIKES! It will be here before you know it and once again I am not ready. I like the idea of the puzzle, such a cool gift, and I bet Neal loves it! I did get some done on the pages but...having a hard time. The layout I liked I don't like afterall so I've wasted one page. Tried it a different way and liked it a little better but still wasn't like, I LOVE IT! Did a third one and it is even better. Used different paper so I might go with that one. I am going to try one more and then decide. Will be working on them all week so should be finished the weekend. Unfortunately, I may end up making copies of the "one" page that I like the best because of time and supplies. Don't know yet. This is harder than I thought it was going to be, started out easy.

MICHELLE...(((((HUGS))))) to you and your mom. She has sure had her share of the hospital. Glad you are still getting your walks in. I know how stressful it is to concentrate on your health, or yourself when your mom or someone is ill.

MARTI...sorry you didn't get the whole weekend with James. At least you got some time though. Did you get your housecleaning done?

Okay, what is Elder Beermans? I've never heard of it before.

Hi to everyone else

Well, I actually got off my butt and went to It Figures this morning. Got in a good 40 mn. work out and I am feeling so energized. You know, I'm not sure why I take so many breaks from it because I always feel better when I go. Also, got in a mile walk on the treadmill, so I'm feeling pretty good right now. I skipped breakfast but not on purpose...was running late this morning and trying to get A Dr.s appt. for DD. I figured the phones were down because I called for an hour straight and it was busy. Anyway, stopped by Subway while I was out and picked up a tuna sandwich and a cup of beef vegetable beef soup. The soup totally hit the spot, was soo good. I did good because I didn't eat it all, the sandwich or the soup. And have dinner planned so starting off on the right foot this Monday. I didn't lose anything this week but I didn't gain either so that is good too. I am down to 197 and am very happy about that...finally seeing the scales going down.

Anywho...take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a good day! It is still rainy, and dreary here. We need the rain so....okay, gotta go. DD's appt. is at 2:15. See ya
Old 10-16-2006, 04:21 PM   #34  
GmaTo8

Hiya chickas,

Marti - I know just what you mean about the laundry. Mount Washmore just won't go away, lol, and all I have to do for is Neal and myself. It's not like I've got a whole bunch of kids or anything.

Michelle - let us know how your mom is, ok? Good for you, staying OP.

Cristi - it's raining here, too... blech. About the scrapbook pages, after I did mine, I thought of ways I should have done things differently, but they're ready to mail, and I for sure won't be changing them now. Elder Beerman's is a department store. More upscale than Macy's but not as swanky as Nieman Marcus. Actually, they have different levels of prices of things. What I like about EB is that they have such a huge selection of everything. And I've had good luck with their clothes and things lasting well. I'm so happy for you being at 197, and proud of the fact that you do so well with exercising. Look how far you've come in the past year!

A big hello to everyone else reading this.

One of our windows doesn't want to open right, so the contractor is supposed to be here tomorrow AM to fix that. It's the one behind the 10 foot long computer desk in the bedroom alcove, so now we'll have to move that out of the way - what a pain in the patootey.

I'm simmering chicken and rice for supper tonight, and the house smells so good. We haven't had this for quite awhile, and I have been trying to vary the menus.

Rain, rain go away..... I plan to curl up with my book in a little while, so I guess it doesn't matter anyway.

Have a good one, ladies!
Old 10-16-2006, 05:10 PM   #35  
One day at a time

Back again for a few minutes...

Went with DD to the doc and she has to go have an ultrasound and possibly a mammogram Wed. She found a lump in her left breast Friday but didn't tell me until Sat. of course we couldn't do anything with the doctor not being open. Had no clue how long it has been there either. So she went today and the doctor actually found another lump as well. If it's not one thing it's another I swear. Trying to keep her from feeling negative...wonder where she gets that from. Anyway...

JANE...yeah, these scrapbook pages are a hoot! Okay, I tried to do it assembly style...had all five laid out, put some strips on all of them, put this one thing on a paper background and put that on all the pages but then came the hard part...the pictures. Turning into a nightmare but I do have three completely done. I'm going to do another and which ever one I like the best I am going with. I may or may not have it copied. It wouldn't be that much more to just buy more paper and stickers and do 3 more. Except that I used some of the photos I was going to send. I'll get it worked out. OIC about EB. I had never heard of the store before. I do like Macy's and NM though. And thank you! I am almost back down to where I was when Josh was in Basic last year. Once again your dinner sounds delicious. I'm either fixing that tomorrow or chicken and dumplings. Haven't had the dumplings in a while but seems we have chicken and rice A LOT! But it's one dish that we all like so we never really tire of it.

Okay, going to go post on the other threads since I have a little more time now before Jeopardy.

Have a good one
Old 10-16-2006, 10:33 PM   #36  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good evening...I promise I won't write a novel tonight.
We are getting the same darn cold rain here. Ugh! I am so not ready for winter. I made chili for dinner and it really hit the spot.
Took Mom to her heart Dr. today, then to the bank and Wally World.
This afternoon I got the laundry room "decorated." Now, just have the great room..big pieces to hang up. Need to make a trip to Hobby Lobby first, so don't know when we will do that.
Tomorrow I have a chest x-ray appt. but nothing else. It is supposed to rain most of the day again.

Cristina- I am thinking good thoughts for your DD. I am sure everything will be okay. You are doing so good with the It figures and treadmill. Keep it up! 197! Yay!

Jane- Chicken/rice sounds good. Bet it was! Oh...we have a window problem too. The builder is coming by to take a look. A couple of the tilt in windows won't tilt. I wanted to wash them the other day and they wouldn't budge. Did you enjoy curling up with the book?

Michelle- Good luck to your Mom....keep us posted.

Marti- Where DOES all that laundry come from? I need the answer to how 2 people can dirty so much here too.

Hi to everyone...hope it is sunny where you are!
Old 10-17-2006, 10:48 AM   #37  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies,

Cristi - I wondered yesterday when I read that your DD was going to the Dr. what was the matter, and knew that when you were ready to share, you would. Well you know that she'll be in my prayers, Cristi. Most of those lumps are just sebacious cysts, and aren't a problem. After her ultrasound tomorrow, when will she get the results? Mary called her doctor yesterday for the results of her tests, and the doc is out of town! We don't know how long she'll be gone, because the receptionist was very vague. However you do the scrapbook pages, I just know they'll be so nice. Chicken and dumplings sounds really, really good, too. I haven't made dumplings in years. My mom made them much better than I ever could, though. Bet yours are delicious!

Sue - chili is on my menus for Thursday, so I'll make it tomorrow. Yep, I enjoyed my book. I finished Teacher Man, by Frank McCourt. He wrote Angela's Ashes. Now I'm reading a totally trashy novel, and won't even tell you the title, lol.

Hello to everyone else!

Today is my day with Makenzie Jane, and she just came in the door, so I better scoot. Have a good one, ladies.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:07 AM   #38  
I can dream, can't I?

Jane- I read Angela's Ashes and enjoyed it...I need to read Teacher Man. Hey, I alternate between trashy novels, mysteries and best sellers...hmmm, may be on to something, how about a trashy mystery?...could be a best seller.

Hope you all are having sunshine in your life, where ever you are this morning. My life is full of sunshine, even though the weather is dreary. Hope you feel the same and Count your Blessings.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:55 PM   #39  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey all. Just a quick pop in and Sue, no sunshine here. Infact it rained so hard yesterday and early this morning, we lost power for a little bit and the power didn't just go right off, it flickered off and on a few times before it went totally off and by doing so, it ruined our printer. But we were due for one anyhow. This one we've had for many years and it was used when we got it. (got it from our college we both went too and hub worked for) So its done its purpose.

I hope you all are doing well.

Old 10-17-2006, 04:14 PM   #40  
One day at a time

Hiya ladies...

JANE...you know, I keep telling DD that too and she is just freaked out. Of course like her I always tend to think the worst. But for some reason I am not worried about it/her. You know how you worry and a mother can feel something is wrong with their child? So I am hoping those feelings are right. I am going to work on the second scrapbook page this evening after dinner and tomorrow go have a copy of each made and see how they turn out, see if they look like the original. Well, close enough because with the layers you won't get the same effect but if the colors are the same and the pictures are decent looking I may go that route. Otherwise I will be working my booty off playing catch-up this weekend. Of course I went to the scrapbook store here in town to see if they have more of the paper I am using and wouldn't you know it, not one piece. Anyway...you know, that is sooo wrong of that doctor to leave Mary hanging like that. You would think the nurse could at least give her the results if they have them. Not nice to make someone wait and worry. Hugs to Mary, and you of course because I can only imagine how hard it is for you also. Have a fun day with little Miss Makenzie Jane.

SUE....mmmm, chili sounds good! It will definitely be on our dinner menu this week with the temps plummeting to 58 tomorrow for the high. Supposed to be a nice, warm 77 today and it feels it. And...the sun is shining! And thank you! I am trying to get back on track and stick with this. Who knows, maybe that's how I will stay on track by taking breaks every now and then. Just need to make those breaks shorter. Your house sounds like it is coming along nicely.

MARY KATE... thank you for the card, received it in today's mail! And for Erik's address. I will get something in the mail for him Friday. I'm headed to the PO then to send Josh a couple of packages. Is there a specific kind of chocolate that he likes or just any/all? Is he allergic to any? I hate to send him something he doesn't like.

Hi to everyone else wherever you are

Did a 2 mile walk on the treadmill this morning. Had errands to do so was up bright and early. Well, early anyway. Been yawning since. It has been a while since I was up at 7. Of course it didn't help that I woke up at 2 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep until about 4. I hate that! Anyway, also rode my bike for 15 mns. and only have one more bottle of water to get down. Will probably drink two though like I did last night-had 5 total for the day. Still feeling pretty energized even though I am yawning. That's about all I have. Getting ready to head upstairs since V will be home in about 30mns. Didn't get any house cleaning done, oh well, there's always tomorrow. Going to try getting up early again to get everything done before going to exercise and go with DD to the Imaging Center for the ultrasound. May have to do the scrapbook store Thurs. depending on how long it takes and all. Anywho...'til tomorrow ladies.

Take care and I hope everyone is having a good day.

P.S.Hiya Ms Sassy! Sorry to hear about your printer. But speaking of the lights going out...while in Wal-Mart this morning the lights went out. They were out for about 10 minutes and one of the workers said "What do we do?" Should we make everyone go to the front?" No one did anything, lol. Kept on shopping. I was close to the front so the light coming in the windows made it bright enough to see. They were back on before I made it to the cash register. How did it ruin your printer though? We had a computer hit and we had webtv (do they still have that?) that we lost too all at one time. DS lost his too, what a pain it was. On the one thread you asked if you would rather be without t.v. or computer I said computer but remember those 2 weeks without it was the pits! Hope you have a good day.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 10-17-2006 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Edited to say Hi to Sassy.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:56 PM   #41  
~Believe~

Wink Hi Ms Cristina!

Hey Cristina.

I think it ruined it by the electric going on and off for about 3-4 times before it went out completely. Hub explained why but I forget. He said it shorted out something or another. lol. Technical aren't I? lol.

Shopping by the daylight, eh? lol. I've had the lights flicker off and on while shopping, but never had them totally off. Yeah it would be hard for me to pick too, I would probably say computer too, just because I have a computer @ work, not that I can "Surf the net" or anything on it, but I can check news at least.

Plus I would miss my tv shows. lol. At least we do have a DVR so I guess I could go without both, but I would miss them both. lol.

on the 2 miles and the bike ride! I hate that when you wake up in the "middle" of sleeping and cannot go right back to sleep. I hear ya on the cleaning. I am doing mine tomorrow.

I am planning on sending out the troops stuff soon. Maybe will send it on Friday before work? If not definately on Monday (the 23rd). I even wrote the troops a poem, which I will be emailling you and I need to ask you a favor if you can? Since my printer isn't working if we don't get a new printer by the time I send out the troop stuff to you, could you possibly print out the Poem for me and add it to the troop stuff and also send me a copy? I'm hoping we buy a new printer before then, but just in case?

Thanks.

Old 10-17-2006, 09:27 PM   #42  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Ladies -- I'm letting you know that I will be away for awhile, because my mom passed away this morning, and I'm having a very hard time right now. Please just say a prayer, thank you.

Michelle
Old 10-17-2006, 09:28 PM   #43  
~Believe~

So so so sorry to hear, Michelle! BIG
Old 10-17-2006, 10:18 PM   #44  
I can dream, can't I?

Michelle..so sorry to hear about your Mom. I am sending you prayers and hugs.
Come back when you feel like you can...we will be here with open arms.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:25 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Michelle, you and your family are in my prayers. May God give you strength and bless you with peace.
Closed Thread