Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 12:37 PM   #31  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning!

Just a quick hello as I need to eat breakfast and all.

But will try to catch up this evening.

Have a great Tuesday.

Old 10-10-2006, 03:12 PM   #32  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hiya ladies...

Rainy days and Mondays always get me down...okay, so it's not Monday but it is a rainy day. I know we need it but something about them depresses me at times. I think too it's because I haven't heard from Josh yet. Just down in the dumps. But then I have been this way for about a week...I'm thinking menopause, ugh! Anyway...

JANE...hope your headache is/gets better. I hate those darn sinus headaches, almost as bad as a migraine for me. I'm hoping this rain washes away some of the ick that has been in the air. You are right about gardening and it being more of workout than going to the Y. I know I get a good workput when doing yardwork, especially the mowing. Shoot, I get a good workout cleaning house too sometimes. When I do a thorough cleaning.

SASSY...my doc was like that. for some reason I always felt uncomfortably with her. but she had her nice moments and she was a good doc. I too received a letter once saying she was going to drop me because I missed an appointment and forgot to call, ooopsie! I made sure after that if I had to miss I called. The sad thing is she quit without much warning after that. She was a biotch sometimes but she was a good doc and I do miss her. And, well, of course if you are not ovulating you're not going to get pregnant. I went through that after we lost out little Nathan. We tried for a couple of years after. I took the pills to regulate my TOM and some fertility drugs that didn't work. After that we decided if it happened it happened. Anyway, if she was good it probably would have been better to stick with her than to find someone else and have to basically start all over. But then you are supposed to be comfortable with your doc. About jury duty...they usually pick a lot more than they need because they have to go through questioning before they are picked...like are you prejudice against a certain race, etc. If you answer yes you get the boot and they move on to the next person. Also, if someone gets sick while the trial is going on and can't fulfill their duty they need backups.

Hiya MARTI...hope you have a good day at work.

Hi to everyone else

Not much going on today. This weather is strange. Goes from the 80's down to the 50's...and I am a little chilly but refuse to turn the heat on...it's too soon. Went to It Figures and man I did not feel like going. I got in there and was dragging, just wanted to leave. But I stayed, and got in a good 40 mn. workout. After the first time around I got pumped to work out. I wasn't giving it 100% though...she had the heat on in there and I can not work out in the heat. OMG...made my headache worse. I hope she doesn't do that this winter. I mean it's only 54 and not that cold for the heat to be on, especially when you are exercising and you're working up a sweat, ick. So now I am just trying to get laundry done. Today is a good soup day, thinking about making some chili for dinner. Anyway, nothing else going on with me.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 10-10-2006 at 03:18 PM.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:21 PM   #33  
GmaTo8

Hello Miss Marti - hope you have a good day at work.

Hiya Cristina - no way could I exercise in the heat. If you think it's too hot, probably some of the others do, too, and someone will tell her about it. Here's hoping you hear from Josh soon. Let us know when you do, Cristi.

Well, here's my news for the day - guess when the baby is due? On Cristi's birthday - May 12th!! I looked it up, and that happens to be a Saturday, the day before Mother's Day. Gina said she had her other 2 babies early, but at least that gives us a date to shoot for. The heartbeat was 188 bpm which seems high, like a girl's heartbeat. I'm just praying for a healthy grandchild, and don't care about the sex. If I got to pick, it'd be a boy, though. But you already knew that, lol.

I have been so worn out, and so I took a 2 hour nap today. That means I'll be up late again, doesn't it. Well, I'm making a chicken casserole for dinner tonight, and although it's early, I've got the chicken cooking and it sure does smell good. I'll assemble it all at suppertime and bake it then.

Dale goes back to Mississippi tonight. Mary and the kids and Dale, too are all sad about that. I look for them to find a way for him to be here permanently soon.

Have a good evening, ladies!
Old 10-10-2006, 04:50 PM   #34  
One day at a time

Default Back again for a few minutes...

wanted to share this with you ladies, thought it was too cute!

Why God made Moms -- BRILLIANT Answers given by 2nd grade school children to the following questions!!

Why did God make mothers?
1. She's the only one who knows where the scotch tape is.
2. Mostly to clean the house.
3. To help us out of there when we were getting born.

How did God make mothers?
1. He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.
2. Magic plus super powers and a lot of stirring
3. God made my Mom just the same like he made me. He Just used bigger parts.

What ingredients are mothers made of?
1. God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice in the world and one dab of mean.
2. They had to get their start from men's bones. Then they mostly use string, I think.

Why did God give you Your mother & not some other mom?
1. We're related
2. God knew she likes me a lot more than other people's moms like me.

What kind of little girl was your mom?
1. My mom has always been my mom and none of that other stuff.
2. I don't know because I wasn't there, but my guess would be pretty bossy.
3. They say she used to be nice.

What did mom need to know about dad before she married him?
1. His last name.
2. She had to know his background. Like is he a crook? Does he get drunk on beer?
3. Does he make at least $800 a year? Did he say NO to drugs and YES to chores?

Why did your mom marry your dad?
1. My dad makes the best spaghetti in the world. And my Mom eats a lot.
2. She got too old to do anything else with him.
3. My grandma says that Mom didn't have her thinking cap on.

Who's the boss at your house?
1. Mom doesn't want to be boss, but she has to because dad's such a goof ball.
2. Mom. You can tell by room inspection. She sees the stuff under the bed.
3. I guess Mom is, but only because she has a lot more to do than dad.

What's the difference between moms & dads?
1. Moms work at work and work at home & dads just go to work at work.
2. Moms know how to talk to teachers without scaring them.
3. Dads are taller & stronger, but moms have all the real power 'cause that's who you got to ask if you want to sleep over at your friend's.
4. Moms have magic, they make you feel better without medicine.

What does your mom do in her spare time?
1. Mothers don't do spare time.
2. To hear her tell it, she pays bills all day long.

What would it take to make your mom perfect?
1. On the inside she's already perfect. Outside, I think some kind of plastic surgery.
2. Diet. You know, her hair. I'd diet, maybe blue.

If you could change one thing about your Mom, what would it be?
1. She has this weird thing about me keeping my room clean. I'd get rid of that.
2. I'd make my Mom smarter. Then she would know it was my sister who did it and not me.
3. I would like for her to get rid of those invisible eyes on the back of her head.

JANE...you know...earlier when I read that Gina was going for her ultra sound, I kept thinking, my birthday is a good day, lol! That is cool! but how many babies have actually been born on their due date? None of mine were. I am getting you and Mindee confused...was thinking pink thoughts for you, oops! Blue for you...I am excited for Gina and Terry And, I do hope and pray that sometime soon Dale can find a good job close to home. I do know how hard it is seeing your hubby go off to work for days. Your dinner sounds delicious.

NORMA...just received the gift card today and I want to THANK YOU once again! It will help a bunch!

Have a good one!
Old 10-10-2006, 05:00 PM   #35  
GmaTo8

Cristi -HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That thing about the moms was totally hilarious!!!!

Ladies, here's a link for us to check out how many calories, fat, etc. we need to maintain our weight, lose weight, etc. I am very skeptical of "set" amounts, but this one seemed better than most.

http://nutrition.about.com/library/b...tion_guide.htm
Old 10-10-2006, 05:11 PM   #36  
One day at a time

Thank you for that Jane! I di dit and printed out the info. Of course the amount of calories for me to maintain is really high (2093) and makes me wonder if I am actually eating that much. but to lose slowly is very doable and I wouldn't feel like I am starving. I am going to keep this and put it in my album...really makes one think and I am thinking I really need to be counting those calories!
Old 10-10-2006, 05:47 PM   #37  
GmaTo8

I thought it seemed high, too, but it's a good place to start. Since each body is different, it would make sense that we'd need to tweak it. I just always hate to read where an obese woman starts dieting on 800 - 1200 calories a day! No wonder those who do that don't last long. Seems like all over the boards, we read where somebody wants to lose so much so fast, and I know that isn't good for our bodies. Plus, the higher the calorie amount we can actually lose on, the higher our maintenance allowance. Another thing to consider is doing intention exercise and making sure we get resistance exercise, too. I know you do that, Cristi, and I need to do much more of it myself. Anyway, I was thinking that a person can begin with the recommendations given, and then adjust it to show a 1 1/2 -2 pound loss per week.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:41 PM   #38  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Unhappy Thanks, for everything. Time to Say Goodbye......

Hey all.

I just wanted to say you all are wonderful people and I have enjoyed my time here with you.

I think I am going to leave though. I just do not feel like I belong here. I am not doing what I should and it isn't fair to everybody else here who is working hard.

I will still send the stockings (once I get to buy them) to you Cristina.

Good Luck on your ventures with weightloss and I hope everything works out great for ALL of you!

Here is a P.S. for Jane and or Marti is there a way to transfer my paid subscription to get rid of the banners to another member? Just was wondering. No big deal if we can't.

Take care and feel free to keep in touch if you want. Cristina and Jane have all my info, if you are interested.

Old 10-11-2006, 01:53 AM   #39  
a work in progress

Hi...it's late, and I can't post much, but I just came on to read tonight and wanted to respond to the last post.

Sassy...I'm not sure why you feel like you need to leave. Everyone here is trying in their own way -- this is, after all, a weight loss site, and there's a reason we all came here in the first place. I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I didn't get to this weight eating carrots and celery and jogging every morning Each of us has our own struggles and our own challenges, and we just try to support and encourage each other the best we can, and tell each other things that worked for us, share any victories we do have (no matter how small they may seem), and try to help each other up when we stumble. Myself, I've been at a stupid plateau since February and the scale won't budge (at least not in the RIGHT direction), I've been struggling to maintain the weight I've lost, I'm on at least two different meds that can cause weight gain (although the doctor listened to me today and is trying me on one that is supposed to be better, but there is no substitute for my nerve pain medicine), I hurt all the time so I don't want to exercise and I'm tired of whining about it all the time so I don't post very often, and I'm depressed as **** and I'm trying not to eat because I'm depressed, but all I want is chocolate and bread, preferably both, preferably at the same time, and I'd eat dark chocolate sandwiches if I thought I could get away with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soooooo....like I said...each of us has our own struggles and challenges to deal with. And aside from the weightloss issues/struggles/victories, we share and encourage each other in our day-to-day lives, and I've made so many friends here. You are definitely welcome to stay and you fit in just like every other JL -- because you are different and unique, just like all the rest of us! If you choose to move on, I wish you the best of luck, but I hope you decide to stick around...
Old 10-11-2006, 04:25 AM   #40  
~Believe~

Thanks Marti for your kind PM.

Thanks Katie Cat for sharing your story. So sorry to hear about your depression and being in pain. I can sympathize. Also thanks for your kind words and support. Big

I think for now I am going to hang around, and maybe read a bit until my "hormones" calm down a bit. I think I had a "Breakdown", which I know that we all have sometimes. I appologize for my post. I should have signed off and waited until I had calmed down before posting.

Thanks.

Old 10-11-2006, 09:46 AM   #41  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies,

Sassy - I'm so glad you decided to stay, because that saved me a trip to come and yank a knot in your tail, lol. Sweetie, if we each left when we weren't doing very well, this place would be a ghost town. I'd have been history loooooong ago! And I hope you won't ever again forget how much you bring to this little group of friends. I value your friendship so much, and would miss you like crazycakes if you left. What Mary Kate said is true - we all have our struggles, if we didn't, we wouldn't have signed up at a weight loss site in the first place. But the Jaded Lady philosophy is "What you weigh is not who you are". Yes, we hope to become healthy and reach our goal weight, but in the meantime, life goes on. Sheila, you have helped make our little home what it is, and you would be very, very missed if you left.

Mary Kate - could I get a little Miracle Whip on that dark chocolate sandwich, lol? Hopefully the substitution of the one med will help you - it's so not fair that some meds make us gain. Anyway, I wish you would post more often. You can vent to us, and also keep us up to date with what's going on in your life.

Well, today I'm going to start making a lounger/robe. I have such trouble finding one that suits me, so I decided to make my own. The fabric I found is in shades of blues and greens, and is a lightweight cotton. If I like the pattern, and it turns out ok, I'll make a warm fleece one, too.

This evening, my Body, Mind and Spirit group is responsible for putting on a dinner. I'm in charge of fruit salad and will help with clean up, so that isn't too bad. I bought some small, clear little dishes to serve the fruit in. Other than that, not much going on.

Have a good one, ladies!
Old 10-11-2006, 12:31 PM   #42  

Height: 5'1"

Hello....I have about 5mins to spare so lets see if I can type fast!

Sassy girl.....I'm so happy that you'll stay with us! Don't worry, no need for apologies! We all go through some tough times and we're here for you for all the support you need!

Jane.....What is a lounger robe? A robe that you lounge in?? Sorry for the ignorance here. I'm a size short if you'd like to make me one too! Please keep us updated on the ultrasound! I'd like to know if you're having a blue in the future! (won't he be spoiled if he were a boy amongst all them pretty little girls!)

MaryKate.....I hope that the doctor gives you meds that will help you feel better. I'm so sorry that you've been feeling down! We are always here for you if you need hugs!!

Cristi.....Seems dangerous to have heat on in a gym!! With body heat rising from all that exercise. People don't need extra ways of helping them sweat!! Hope they don't turn it up in the winter either!

Jules....Hope you're not working too much OT to catch up on things at work! (I've been doing the same darn thing and it doesn't seem to help!) Take some time to relax and enjoy your day Work Thoughts Free!

Norma....How are you feeling?? What a great accomplishment...20lbs! I think I've gained all that for you. Keep up the great work. What ever it is that you're doing...it's working.

My 5mins are up! I need to hit the shower and get going.

Hugs to all!
Old 10-11-2006, 03:45 PM   #43  
~Believe~

Morning Ladies. (Well its morning for me anyways!) lol.

Thanks Marti, Mary Kate and Jane for your kind words of support. You're right, that is what we are here for. I just kept feeling like such a failure. But I know that we all go through our ups and downs.

I think we have to stop by the Y today to give them our info so they can bill us each month, so maybe we will work out a bit while we're there or at least walk around the track.

I also plan on cleaning out the fridge (it is a nightmare!) and the kitchen cabinets and then we can start fresh. Kind of "Wipe the Slate" clean. The thing that dissheartened me the most was that my "goal" was to lose at least 25#'s by now. I put a small goal on myself when I first started back in April, a silent goal, just to myself to lose 25# by 6 months and this month marks the 6th month. Silly as it is it just upset me that I hadn't reached it. I thought for sure I would reach it and then some by now!

Well I just wanted to share my thanks and also let you all know what kinda "set me off" I need to remember I'm not alone here and just deal with my feelings instead of "hiding". Hiding never works.............

I hope you all are well!

Old 10-11-2006, 04:12 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Katie Cat, that was beautiful. You are absolutely right.

Sassy, I hope you find your niche. It's really hard to watch your weight when you have so many emotional things going on in your life. Hopefully, reading how others deal with pain, stress, dieting ups and downs and family issues will help you find answers or at least how to make it through each day with the least amount of difficulty. I wish you the best and post when the spirit moves you.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:29 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Whoups! I must have missed a page! Welcome back Sassy! Sorry, I'm just showing my smarts, or the lack there of.
Closed Thread