Old 10-13-2006, 11:47 PM   #61  
The magic shrinking cow

Hi-Larryass accidental blogs? Sign me up!

BTW, cute monkey story. I'd like to see more!

I exercised! Did a cardio&weights DVD. Trying to go back to the Firm-like workouts without actually doing the Firm.
Cherry Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 12:16 PM   #62  
Member w/ messiest house

Okay, you got me. What monkey story?
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 03:44 PM   #63  
fatter than U

The one about eating too much bananas. The end.

SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 04:30 PM   #64  
Member w/ messiest house

Oh that monkey story! I was wracking my brain trying to remember a post on here about monkeys and coming up empty.

I spent 15 or 20 minutes this afternoon raking leaves. Holy cow am I out of shape! It was exhausting! But it would have been a good tired except for the fact that Jet decided to take advantage of my tired when I was putting away the rake and run away up to the road, so I had to run down to the lake to distract her from the traffic. And I didn't have a leash with me, so I had to haul her back home holding her collar. Now I'm really tired.

DD did the Diabetes Walkathon today in Boston. Her group raised over $2500 and received special badges or something. She said it was a lot of fun; they even got free lunch, and "goody bags" containing some really goofy stuff like flavored Splenda and Minute Rice.

Kiwi
Old 10-15-2006, 02:41 PM   #65  
loves kleenex box art

I have 2 things to share.

First, Yahoo has this question forum where you ask anything and people answer it. My fav question has been "Is it proper to hug a tree if it's only 12 years old?"

Second, check out this guy. Funny poems about the North Korean guy on tv.

I am allergic to this Septra stuff and am itchy with big puffy red things all over. I hate that doctor and will never go back.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 03:29 PM   #66  
Member w/ messiest house

That's 3 things. I am reading Sal's Virtual Tapas Bar right now; he's funny. I will think of a good question for Yahoo. I had one I really wanted to get an answer to the other day and I can't remember what it is now. I do remember I was searching on Google Groups. hmmm I'll think of it eventually.

I'm sorry to hear about the hives or whatnot. That's not good. You should make sure you know the generic name of that medication so you don't ever use it again. Allergies only get worse with exposure from my experience. My previous dog was treated with a sulfa drug once for an infection and never got over the skin trauma that resulted. She had inflamed areas for the rest of her life. The moral of that tale is, um, don't lick the red spots.

I went on a long dog walk this morning. It was another beautiful fall day, still not too cold during the day, lots of crunchy leaves to shuffle through, although the trees aren't bare yet either. Very nice!

Kiwi
Old 10-16-2006, 05:49 AM   #67  
fatter than U

Cool fat is as fat does

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
First, Yahoo has this question forum where you ask anything and people answer it. My fav question has been "Is it proper to hug a tree if it's only 12 years old?"
LOL. The things people ask. I love that Yahoo question thing. And? Is it OK to hug the tree?

Quote:
Second, check out this guy. Funny poems about the North Korean guy on tv.
Hey! That's my best blogging buddy Sal! He is SO funny. But he has a nice, normal, serious side too and knows all about kitchen renovations and Thai food.

Quote:
I am allergic to this Septra stuff and am itchy with big puffy red things all over. I hate that doctor and will never go back.
Oh you poor thing! Is that an antibiotic? Stop taking it right away. We need to find you a real doctor. Is there another clinic you can go to?

I am about to take 45 minutes out of my busy schedule (NOT) and go "do" Leslie. I'll probably die since I haven't exercised in months, but what the hey.

Way to go on the leaf raking, Kiwi! I think stuff like that where you have to move your arms really gets all the muscles you don't usually use. And YAY for the $2500 Diabetes Walkathon money! That's fantastic. Those kids can be proud.

Last edited by SugP; 10-16-2006 at 02:26 PM.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:35 PM   #68  

Peaches, you didn't say I was rude. You're too polite to say I was rude. I said I was rude. It was one of those things that floated into my brain late at night when I can't sleep, along with all the other things in my life I'm screwing up.

It's my dad's birthday on wednesday. My dad is usually in Yuma at this time of year so I can get away with a card or a phone call. This year he's going to be in town here so my sister is having a birthday party for him. I don't want to go. The last time I spoke to my dad (about a month ago) he was rambling something about my DH lying to me about some squeeze chute cow thing and how I have to side w/ DH blah, blah, blah. (DH has never said a word about the cow chute thingy - I don't know what he was talking about.) Yes! he's still working his vendetta against my DH. You'd think he'd get tired of beating that old dead horse....... and my dad has never even mentioned my Granddaughter - not even a "hey, heard you had an addition to your family, congratulations." So I'm not feeling like going and making a big deal about his birthday...... and even so, I feel guilty about it. Dumb, huh?

Kiwi! $2500! that's wonderful. DD can really feel proud about that.

I did nothing productive all weekend. I went to bunco and won most buncos, which was $34 - go me. I took DD shopping and bought her 2 pair of shoes, I went out to lunch. I took a nap. I'm a slug.

You must read Sugar's blog today --- she's sooooo funny and witty, but of course you already knew that...... and if you want to see my pretty maple trees you can read my almost defunct blog.

Last edited by Wabby; 10-16-2006 at 01:41 PM.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:58 PM   #69  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i didn't even get a chance to see if i could swear down't the blog---i tried to post THREE times, it said i was successful,i downloaded a picture--they said THAT was successful--------nothing showed up so --- I QUIT!!!--- and most especially cause i don't feel like talking over there if i can talk HERE~!!!----soooooo----kiwonkers!!! amazing amount of cash raised by those sweet young things!!! she must be having a ball !!! i must say,i have felt quite JEALOUS of all these kids and their wondeful lives----it's not fair of me though---I had my time {in the sun!!}---it's their turn-----!! WABBY=====poor you---what a dilemma----the main trouble is your dad NOT appreciating such a wonderful daughter as yourself! that is the real shame---he misses out BIG time,but that's no consolation---i think Ann Landers would tell you to be polite,but don't put yourself into any uncomfortable situations----it's not worth your mental health!!!----we have three boats this week,including the Queen Mary 2 again=====i hope they have some cash to spare cause we barely made a hundred bucks today!!! RETAIL sucks!!! {by the way wabs---did those 'neighbours' pay their bill yet!!} i am tired--- i think i will lay my weary frame upon my rack.
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 12:29 PM   #70  
Member w/ messiest house

Hi. I'm totally bummed that Bagz can't blog. Maybe your entries were hijacked and will be found someday halfway across the world entertaining some chubby Tahitians.

I am very excited -- I might be able to sign Jet up for flyball classes. I would have to drive to the big city every Tuesday evening for it, but I think it would be perfect for her. She will get to run as fast as she can, grab a tennis ball, run back and get a reward. All these things she is already good at, but she'll learn to hop over hurdles on the way. I'm sure that will be a piece of cake, she's very graceful at jumping over things. Of course maybe I'm being over-confident; possibly at the first class she will lie in the corner and suck her thumb.

Hope the QM brings lots of tourist $$$ Bagzie.

Sugar is making me want to bake a cake.

Your dad is such a fool, Wab. Do you suppose he's just so vain he can't face the idea of being a great-grandfather? Amazing that he'd be trying to pit you against your DH at this late date. He must really live in a fantasy world.

Where the heck is Cowpeach, Schatzi, Painty and Cherry? I will be going out of town in 2 days and I guess they are waiting till I leave to post.

Kiwi
Old 10-17-2006, 01:47 PM   #71  

I is here.... we had to vacate for 2 days whilst water was shut off due to the chemical fire and subsequent testing and then apparently a pipe burst... then I came down with a cold.. I still feel a tad under the weather.. nothing new to report.. my life is boring me.

Where ya going Kiwi?? That class sounds puuurfect for energetic Jet!
Wabs: Yeah what Kiwi said... at least you have a wonderful DH and children and beautiful GD Kayden!!! So you made a nice family !
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 02:44 PM   #72  

Schatzi, your life is anything but boring - big news broadcast all over the country about your chemical fire right next door - it didn't even occur to me that you were incommunicado b/c or that, I just assumed you were off looking for land.

My neighbors did finally pay us - when she came to give me a check for $1500 I told her that the proposal stated that payment was due upon completion of work, and that we would be happy to accept a credit card for payment. She said she'd check w/ her husband and call me - she didn't call, so after a couple days I sent a certified mail right to lien. They came in the next day w/ a credit card. I felt very uncomfortable, but at least we got paid.

Bagzie, I hope the Queen brings lots of spendthrifts with her --- business in general can really suck -- but then there are those times that are great too. ooh and you "get to be your own boss"

Thanks for the support re: my dad. I'm learning to not take him personally. The only person it will bother if me and my family doesn't show is my mom, and I know she understands. I'll give him the happy birthday phone call and call it good.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:27 PM   #73  

Wow you are one on the ball business woman Wabs! Good for you ! It is miserable here..overcast,rainy, ccccoooold.. My MIL called to give me an update on a friend who passed away.. (the one me and DH met for dinner a few months ago... ) seems he left Duke Hospital, went home, flew out to Florida to see a few friends, came back to Duke , called his brother told him about the chemical fire out here and was going to call to make sure me and DH were okay, when he took a turn for the worst and passed away.. I guess he knew he didnt have much time and made a special effort to see his old friends before leaving all of us ... so whilst on the phone MIL says oh and I just found out that X died too.. A dear friend from me and DH's teen and young married life group of friends... he was only 46... and I have no details on how he died at home... He was our driver for our wedding, as he couldnt afford to be a groomsman..sad sad.. We grew apart as this particular group of friends were into heavy partying and well, we outgrew them... sooo... as I am searching for info on an obituary, I stumble acrossed another person who wasn't so much a friend as an acquaintance... but still ... I closed my eyes and said a prayer for them ...
Well now that I've spread so much sunshine, I think I'll go watch Judge Judy.
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 05:26 PM   #74  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzi View Post
Wow you are one on the ball business woman Wabs!
I was going to say you've got balls, Wabby, but Schatzi's wording is a little nicer.... Good going!

Wow, so sorry to hear about your friends, Schatzi. Do I have to start scanning the obits? Nooooooo

To answer your question, we are going to parents weekend at dd's univ. Complete with her first performance on campus playing guitar and singing at the coffeehouse. I'll bet she's going to be a bit nervous. Although probably I will be more nervous than she will be. Then on Friday she'll be performing a dance routine with her Kathak dance class. That should be interesting. We are staying in Lexington, MA at El Cheapo Quality Inn. You should have seen the prices at the places the school suggested. I wouldn't pay those prices on vacation, let alone for a long weekend when you don't even care about the room.

Later guys
Kiwi
Old 10-17-2006, 07:21 PM   #75  

Kiwi, you're going to have such fun at parent's weekend! I bet DD won't be a bit nervous - that girl seems to take everything in stride.

Me being assertive is totally against my character, but I just tried to be polite and ... well, assertive without being my usual push over self. It's a new experience for me and I kind of like it. Did you know that if you nicely state what you need that it's usually not the end of the world?

On Saturday DH and I will have been married - I think- 29 years. I was 21 when I got married, so that seems to add up right. Doesn't seem like it's been that long.