Old 10-02-2006, 02:42 PM   #31  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Good Afternoon here. I did another 6 miles of leslie. I didnt know if I was going to get a chance to walk tonight. But I feel good.
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 03:25 PM   #32  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

hi everyone feeling alot better today havent got in my water yet but plan on it
Jazzy there are many diets out there you have weight watchers where everyone seem to rave alot i researched it and found out alot of info so i didnt have to pay because i paid over $100 for the 6 week body makeover and it was worthless then you have the 3 hour diet which costs also the best one i saw that was also free is the body for life all you have to do is go to the site basically it says what all the diets seem to say here is the breakdown
carb and protein for each meal and veggies with at least 2 meals fruits are listed as carbs also
the have a allowed foods list on the site basically that was what the 6weekbody makeover was except you couldnt have any salt...
but there are sites like sparkspeople and another one but i cant remember the name that creats menus that you can tweak i agree with Liz diets that are strict are way too hard for me
hope that helps
have a great day everyone!

Last edited by miafluker; 10-02-2006 at 03:32 PM.
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 03:25 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 189/175/125

Height: 5'5"

Way to go Bonnie! And hello to you Trish!
iwantnewpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 05:25 PM   #34  
Bonnie

Mia OMG I bought the 6 week Makeover too . a few years ago and I thought it was worth less too. now I do the Biggest Loser diet and I love it.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:13 PM   #35  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Phew! Where does the day go? Spent the entire day out & about and I am ready to drop. DD is happy with her "do" so now she's silent. Now I get back from taking her and my other two want to know why they didnt get their hair cut! Guess what I'll be doing next Saturday? lol

I have not done very well today with anything. I skipped breakfast and my water is way way behind. Not to mention that I just inhaled 2 chocolate chip cookies without even thinking about it. Not sure what the heck that's all about but I'm nipping it now. Good grief, will there EVER be a day, just one measely day that I don't have to be on red alert whenever I'm around food? Will it matter once I get to goal. Sheesh, I really think some people are luckier than others. But then again, I think I'm just giving myself a big healthy dose of the 'woe is me's. I hate it when I get like that.

Well, Melody has finally begun her adventures! I can't wait to hear the stories that are sure to follow. Yeah, Dodgeball is a fan fave in this household. My DS does a perfect impersonation of White. Gotta love Ben Stiller.

Melissa, gosh you were a busy chicky yesterday weren't you? Go you! Not really sure what the weekend has that makes it so hard for me. Just one of those mysteries I suppose. lol At least I know to prepare & batten down the hatches! lol How ya doing on those BLT's? I have failed miserably today! Argh!

Altari, congrat's on those 3 pounds missy!!! Woo hoo!!!!!

Stacia, the halloween candy is a dangerous thing in my house. Something about those lil teeny-tiny candy bars.....its a sin that they can still be so fattening. lol Today's a new day and you just pick up where ya left off, the mistakes are behind you. Only good things today!!!

Jazy, doing the slimfast plan sounds costly, but Melissa's right if you break it down it turns out to be quite cost effective. I love it! It's the one plan I've always kept going back to because I know it works and it fits my life right now. I know you'll find something to fit you, just be patient with yourself. And hey, you've got 2 days of clean eating..there's alot to be said for that alone! good for you!

Bonnie, wow 6 miles with Leslie! Go you! I think the day that I can actually do a 6 mile WATP tape I will be celebrating big time! That's awesome!

Amanda, good to see your face today chicklet! Hope things are good!!

Liz, yep it's payback time. I remember what a bratty-pain-in-the-butt teenager *I* was and now I'm being punished! My son tests my patience every day with everything I have, but alot of it comes from his high intelligence and some of the little easy things he just doesn't get. If that makes sense? Oh and my DD, we are gonna go rounds in the coming years I can so tell already! Definitely not looking forward to her getting older! lol And trust me, I will continue fantasizing about choking an IL with their own hair every day if it gives me a smile!

Trish, there ya are!!! Good to have you back. I hope the new computer is making life a little easier for you. Amazing how we quickly rely on them & when they're gone or misbehaving our worlds collapse! Good luck with the water, you can do it!

Mia, hope you're feeling better!

I hope I didn't forget anybody. I really tried to power thru this real quick. I've got a boat load of things to get done before the evening hits...of course, because the Packers of Greenbay will be playing tonight! Makes me cringe sometimes to watch them play, poor Brett. But cannot help it, he's one class act. So anywho, that's me so far today. I hope everyone is having a successful on plan day and staying focused and inspired.

danielle
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 11:34 PM   #36  
just me

S/C/G: 320/294/145

Height: 5'7

When the night has come and the land is dark and the moon is the only light we'll see, no i wont be afraid no i wont be afraid just along as you stand by me...love that song!!! yes u would think that i'm in my 60's...i love music from the 50's and 60's. today was...well i dont know what today was. I ate 1 serving of oatmeal and the a cucumber with lime and salt for lunch...then somt twislers cuz i was really weak at school and then i got a salad at Mcdonalds on my way home... so yeah...plus ive been cleaning for 3 days and i'm still not done. ya'll probably think i'm a total pig but ive been re oraganizing things and trying to figure out what the **** i want to do. on top of that still been emotional...my football time lost in the last 10 seconds of the game by 2 freakin points. yeah lots of tears there...then i talked to Josh and he said he had been emotional too so we agree that its the time of year. that or we are both just crazy which is a really good possibility.

Amanda- hope work was good. its always good when u can keep ur cool and not get stressed out!!!!

Trish- awesome on the new car...sometimes i wish i could get one. i'm so tired of mine, but it still runs good so i'm stuck with it!!!

Liz- holy ****. 47 beers? i do not want to be in a drinking contest with you!!! Sounds like you had a great time!!!!!!!

Stacia- we all have set backs but as long as u start again its all good!!

Altari- sounds like you had the best weekend...so jealous!!!

AlaskanMelody- thats soooo cute about your son!!!!! hope your adventure is awesome. have lots of fun and fo everything and take pictures and post them!!!

Jazy- thats great about the food. keep it up!!!

Danielle- we all have those days. usually when i go home there is pie or cake and it takes everything i have not to have any and honestly i usually fail so ur better than me!!! Just take a deep breath and it will all be okay!!
brat_61886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 11:46 PM   #37  

Hey LAdies!!!Thanks for all of the introductions guys .I feel very welcome!!

Danielle!!!WOW, you seem to have your plate full with that major,god accounting sounds so ,mathmatical. LOL Good for you and god bless.Thanks danielle for the tip. I think that I am going to start to investigate that, I just tink that I would be hungry after just having a shake!! Do you eat it with a meal?
How many days do you exercise?

Does anyone watch the flavor of love!! Could ypou just recap what happened this sunday!!!

GOOd luck with tommorow and feel better MIa!!!
jazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 09:05 AM   #38  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Morning Sunshines!!! Ugh I was so tired last night I was ready for bed at 7! But didnt go till 9 after I put the girls down. I dont have class till 11 today so I feel like I could just go back to bed till then. Sleepy girl! I failed on my BLTs yesterday! I did good all day long till dinner and my downfall was making myself something different than I made the rest of the family. So I tasted theirs!!! Shame! LOL!! But I'll attack it again today...no BLTS!

Liz...did you make it through the day? Sounds like you had a great time!! I'd have loved to have been at that bar! LOL!! Hard to believe your bears are undefeated still eh?!! Dont ya just love football! LOL!

Trish...congrats on the new car!! Its great to see you around here again!! You can get that water in I know you can!!! Cheers!

Bonnie...excellent job on that exercise!!! I'm so very proud of you!! Keep up the good work! I hope you are feeling even better today!

Mia...I'm so glad you are feeling better!! Is the 6 week makeover the Micheal Thurmond one? I read some of his book, some interesting stuff but the menu he suggested for my body time consisted of fish at just about every single meal for a week...I hate fish! LOL!!

Danielle...yesterday is behind you! Right back on track with it girlie!! Running around makes it tough and then once you skip a meal it seems like you can never catch back up with it. At least I'm like that anyway! Gotta pack some bars in your car! I failed BLTs yesterday too, but back at it today! We can do it!! We've got leaves to remove from our tree darn it!!!

Britt...you wanna come do my house when you are done? LOL!! I sure could use some major cleaning like that!! Make sure you are eating enough girlie!! Your body cannot function unless you fuel it, and its telling you its not getting enough by you being so weak. And then you reach for things you dont need or want. So many people think they'll lose weight by starving themselves and that may work for awhile but all they are losing is lean muscle tissue. Thats the absolute worst thing you can do for yourself. When you feed your body right then you lose fat. You want to do this healthy or it wont matter how much you lose, it'll all just come back and then some. Be good to your body!

Jazy....if you are interested in the Slimfast plan I would suggest checking out their website. It really is different than what people think. You'd be amazed at how much you eat! Do we watch Flavor of love? LOL!!! OF COURSE! Basically all that happened was the parents came to the house. NYs mom was over the top from the moment she stepped in the door she does not want NY there, very dramatic even tried to tell NY that she was dying to get her to leave. Crazy's parents were a little white trashy wanting to party Flav took them out and got them braided LOL. And Delicious' parents were very quiet and polite. Flav had his kids on too they all seemed to like Delicious thought she was the most "real" one. At eliminations Crazy left, he felt she was only there for a chance at a record deal. Ny's mom said that she wasnt leaving w/o NY but she walked out the doors, then at the very end she went back into the house and started yelling for NY..thats when it ended. Finale is next week!

Okay, I'm gonna make chicken corn chowder in the slow cooker today since I dont have class till 11. Then its off to the school again for more fundraiser stuff. Tonight is my first PTA meeting as president! Tomorrow is the rolling stones concert! Busy times! Have a fantastic day everyone!! Remember no BLTs! and drink that water!

~melissa
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:51 AM   #39  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good grief!! I feel like I'm missing out on everything! I haven't even read everyone's posts.

I just wanted to drop by and say hello. I won't try to predict when I'll get around to personals this time. Just want you all to know that I miss you! I hope you're all doing well.
Amany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:04 AM   #40  
Bonnie

Good Morning to everyone. I did my exercise this morning and Instead of Leslie I decided to do some Richards Simmons Tone and sweat video. Decided I needed a day of tonning. Boy I can feel it to. Figured I would shake my self up and do something different.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:20 AM   #41  
Melissa

Hello Amanda!! We miss you too!!

Bonnie...I love richard!! Absolutely keep your body guessing! Way to go on that workout today!!

~melissa
Old 10-03-2006, 12:00 PM   #42  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Gang!

Another hot day around here....wooooooooo a whole 98 degrees! lol This is a cool down for here I guess, but c'mon already!!!!!

Ok, so I had a horrible disgraceful end to my evening. I ate DQ. I can't even say that I chose something more calorie friendly or that I left any behind....nope, I was just bad bad bad. Of course I loved every bite but you know how that regret & guilt tends to creep up on you. Ugh. Can't even tell you guys that there was anything stressful inparticular or anything!! Just me being weak!!! Not gonna get to rip any leaves off my tree with behavior like this. *sigh* onward & upward as they say...................

Melissa, wonder what all the tiredness is from. Hope you're feeling rested today. Yeah, I'm real good at reminding everyone else to pick themselves up and move on, I'm my own worst critic.

Britt, hiya honey!

Jazy, yep we're just a big ole bunch of FOL watchers here! There are times that the show ends and I am so thankful that it's not my life! LOL

Amanda, hello chickymama. We miss you too!!!!!

Bonnie, good day to ya! OMG, I love Richard!!!! It's with his stuff that I really started thinking that I could like exercise. He's alot of fun!! And that tone & stretch video he has.....not easy but very effective!!

A busy day here.....the grocery store beckons as do a myriad of other mommy duties. My youngest DD is getting ready to head to camp tomorrow thru Friday. I think I am more nervous for her than anything. She is my only one who does not like being away from home. My other two count the seconds til they're free! LOL Hopefully she is so busy she wont have a second to even miss home. It's the evening/bedtime that worries me. Ugh, sometimes it really sucks being a mom! LOL

Have a great day ladies. Keep that focus moving forward, we have goals to reach!!!

danielle
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 12:15 PM   #43  
Bonnie

I bet I have 15 Different Richard Simmons Videos. Yes I was very encouraged when I first seen him because he uses heaver women and men to do the exercise with him and I feel if they can so can I.

I jest wanted to tell all. That I called my Local Books A Million book store and they are ordering the Biggest Loser Cook Book at 21.95 and the Calorie counter for 7.99 for me so I will save a little from not having to pay all that shipping and handling charges. They wont be in for 7 to 10 days but I know they are on the way.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:39 PM   #44  
Melissa

Danielle...knock it off before I come knock it off for ya!! LOL!! today is a new day, no negative self talk, it was one darn day and its over!! I'm sorry but you are NOT wonder woman! You are NOT perfect!! You will have slips and falls along the way..but you ARE strong!! you ARE amazing!! You ARE determined!! And you WILL win this battle! Back on track today! Good choices, good thoughts! You are so worth the fight! I know with every ounce in my being (and lets face it thats ALOT of ounces!!) you can do this! here's to a fantastic on plan day!!

Bonnie...tell me more about the biggest loser plan. do they lay out for you what to eat? Or just give you ideas? Is it all in the book? Tell me whatcha like about it! LOL!!

Okay time to head to class I suppose. chowder is cookin, school fundraiser stuff has been taken care of, I'm ready for my meeting tonight, babysitter found for tomorrow night. whew! Someone wanna do my homework? LOL!! Have a wonderful afternoon everyone!

~melissa
Old 10-03-2006, 01:21 PM   #45  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

hi everyone Mel the diet is micheal Thurmond and basically your doing what every diet does eating about 1200 calories i read something interesting yesterday in womans world mag. it said that most people that drink water during dieting drink large quanities all at once to get it out the way but thats wrong it said you should drink 10oz of water before each meal and snack
i didnt know that i guess you can drink too much also i read this somewhere else that i thought was helpful i dont know who this lady is but she knows her stuff

Well, that eating plan looks really great and all, but, I hope you realize that just by using lower-cal foods than the ones you've mentioned, you can eat more, AND lose weight without feeling hungry.

For example, did you know that Special K and Count Chocula have the same amount of calories? Talk about crazy. For b-fast, I looked around, and found the absolute best deal (calorie-speaking). All Bran Extra Fiber. 100cals/cup, not to mention it has lots of fiber, which will keep you fuller, longer. Skim? Skim milk has 65cals per cup and 12g of sugar. The milk I use has 45cals per cup and is only 3g of sugar. Carb Countdown Fat free. Each serving of cereal +milk is only 145 cals, PLUS I get the extra fiber.
I can even have 2 cups of everything for just 290 cals, and let me tell you, after 2 cups of cereal AND the milk, I'm stuffed. I then have to force myself to eat my apple that I always have for b-fast.

See what I mean? A b-fast that fills you up for way less calories, which means you can eat more for the day.

I have TONS of other low-cal foods I've 'discovered' too. July 5th, 2005 I was 210 (5'3"), but now I'm 135, trying to lose these last few stubborn lbs without any success (have my hopes on phen though!!!).

1 of the things I don't like about this plan though is the sugar. When I was at my heaviest, I made-up a little rhyme to help me remind myself. "Sugar turn to fat [snap] just-like-that!" It's true too. That also includes simple carbs, like the bagel you put for b-fast. What's wrong with having 2 slices of wheat bread at 40cals per slice? Or, some sugar-free whole-grain for 50cals per slice? Did you know that a bagel is the same as eating 5 slices of bread?

Watch out for any type of 'fruit salad'. A lot of those have added sugar, preservatives, etc. Don't give your body easy calories, make it work for those calories, and have an apple (fist-to medium sized!!!). Apples are high in fiber as well, and much better for you than those syrup-y fruit salads.

Instead of low-fat vanilla yogurt, how about Dannon lite+fit yogurt? 0 fat, many different flavors to choose from (blueberry, strawberry, peach, strawberry-banana, etc.), and each yogurt is only 60cals.
For a morning snack, I always have 1 apple. Rice has a lot of empty carbs (white rice in the rice pudding), not to mention the calories in the pudding. Instead, how about some sugar-free jello? Again, you have several flavors to choose from, and each container is 10cals, 0 fat, 0 sugar, etc. If/when I ever do eat rice, I always make sure it's brown rice, never white (even though I've done Atkins and had no luck with it, I still want the most nutritous foods).

Lentil soup and saltine crackers. Watch out for sodium. Sodium retains water and elevates your blood pressure. 5 saltine crackers is 60cals and has 10g carbs in it (plus, it's white, not wheat). How about this instead: 2 turkey-breast sandwiches with lettuce,
tomato, and mustard? Each sandwich is 80 cals (bread) 60cals (2 slices of low-sodium deli-sliced white turkey breast)? That's 2 sandwiches you can have for 280cals (mustard has 0cals, and who cares about the cals in lettuce and a slice of tomato?)? And even then, if that's not enough, there's some sugar-free jello or yogurt you can have along with it (not to mention water water water).

Afternoon snack. Salsa and chips? 1 bad word comes to mind: hydrogenated oil. Trans. fat.
Liquid oil (like olive oil for example) is healthy fat. Your body processes it and eliminates it. With hydrogenated oil, the companies take a healthy oil, heat it to 350dg, and then blast it with hydrogen. This changes the molecular formula of it, and kinda turns it into a 'mutant'. It now has a 'forever' shelf life, is cheap to make, economical, easy to use, but the body can't process it. It stores it in your arteries instead, which leads to heart disease. Hence, TRANSformed fat (that's what the 'trans' stands for).
Better choice? 94% fat-free popcorn.
Dinner

If you MUST eat pasta, always use wheat--not white (simple carbs). Turkey sausage is also processed meat. Instead, how about 4oz of salmon, or 4oz of boneless/skinless chicken breast on some plain steamed broccoli? 4 oz of white chicken breast is 110cals, no processed meat, and much healthier for you than sausage.

Evening snack. Instead of having 1/2 cup of sorbet (that's like eating just 1 potato chip) for 92cals (quite a few cals to have such discipline to eat just 1/2 cup!!) how about a 60cal Dannon lit+fit yogurt instead? Not enough? Go ahead and have 2 sugar-free jello's (10cals each). That's 80 cals, and you've eaten more than 1/2 cup!! See what I mean? More for less!!!
You're next day's diet could use some re-vamping too.
Fruit is always good to go along with b-fast, so the kiwi is good. Oatmeal. NEVER NEVER use instant or quick-cook oatmeal. Why? Because they've removed the outer-layer of the grain. In other words, they've taken the meat out of the skin, when the skin is what you want. The kind I use I bought over in the organic section, and it has 5 grains, steel-cut, and it contains flaxseed
(a healthy fat). 1/3 cup is 120cals. I have my All Bran Extra fiber(100) with my CC milk (45)(145cals), 1 yogurt (60cals), and I mix-in 1/3 cup of my healthy oatmeal (120). Delicious, nutrious, VERY filling, and only 325 cals. for b-fast.

Morning snack--apple, or, 60-cal yogurt.

Lunch. Yikes. Ham and cheese. Ham has a lot of sodium, and cheese has lots of cals and fat. I haven't even included the bread yet. A better solution would be some cubed skinless chicken or turkey breast mixed with greens in a whole-wheat pita bread!!!

Afternoon snack. Who can eat 2 tablespoons of trail mix? Trail mix may look healthy, but you'd be surprised (like how many people don't realize how high-cal granola is!!). Don't hand your body cals, make it work for it. Have some fruit (NOT DEHYDRATED!!), a banana (packed with potassium), some yogurt, sugar-free jello, etc. but make it healthy, and something you CAN eat, instead of 2 tblspns.

Dinner--watch out for the fat/sodium/cals in pork. I never eat it. 4oz of chicken breast, turkey breast, salmon, fish, shrimp, etc. is much healthier for you. 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce? Such a little amount!!! I'd rather have a plate-ful of steamed broccoli (NO butter/salt/margerine, etc.) with a side salad (if you want dressing [which I don't like any of 'em], put it on the side. When you go to eat, dip the fork in the dressing 1st. Why? You'll save TONS of cals by not drizzling it all over everything).

Evening snack. Only 4 cookies with 65cal 12g sugar per cup milk? Again, for 100cals, I could eat more than that and be satisfied with some yogurt (60cals) and even then, still have more to eat (if I wanted to).
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote