Old 09-27-2006, 07:41 PM   #61  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

I'm getting remarried!!!

Last year my husband and I had a civil ceremony. I've always regretted not having a minister preside over it. In 52 days we will!!! November 18!

My boss, who's also a pastor is going to do it. Her church is actually in a small house. The sanctuary is the livingroom. It will be just my husband, my oldest brother (who is giving me away and taking pictures) and me. I'm going to wait until the last possible moment to get my dress. Meanwhile I'm going to be working my butt off like crazy. Literally!

I'm just going to get an off rack formal bridemaid's dress or something. I'm so happy!!
Amany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:13 PM   #62  
I can do it this time.

CONGRATULATIONS AMANDA! thats wonderful I'm happy for you hun!
lovethatsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 10:22 PM   #63  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Congratulations amanda!!! Thats so exciting! and something to really work your butt off for!! Literally! LOL!! thats just so neat!! I'm very happy for you!! I would love to one day renew my vows, I think we need to do that after all we've been through, one day!

Girl, I failed so bad tonight! Just a miserable miserable failure! should I get into the dirty details? ugh...it was bad! Its over though, not much I can do about it. Just sucks because I know I gotta weigh in at the doctors office tomorrow and tonight is gonna show! Put it behind me right? Oye!! Alright, gotta get the kiddos to bed! I hope everyone is having a wonderful night!! I'll be back in the morning to catch up with what I missed tonight!!

~melissa
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 10:54 PM   #64  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Jest heading to bed and wanted to pop in for a minute. I watched the BL and I can tell you I was a little excited that the red team won tonight and the blue team had to kick some one off. They jest had tooo much confidence in that they would never lose. I am heading to bed and will talk to you all in the am.
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 12:24 AM   #65  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies...

Thanks for the support. I had a rough few days, but they kicked me in the toosh and now I'm back on track.

Bonnie : I missed the BL. I'm waiting for a download for it, because they don't rerun. It was a great first ep.

Melissa : You couldn't have done too much damage in one night. You're doing great and just keep yourself f.o.c.u.s.e.d.

Amanda : That's awesome! Are you going to give us pictures? I'm so very excited for you - hubby and I are in the same boat, but we are waiting for our official 'remarriage.' Congratulations!

lovethatsara : I hope your shoulder gets better quickly. Upper back injuries can be a pain [literally] to deal with.

I was thinking about something and didn't know if anyone would be interested. I have a gallery on my website that can create user accounts. If anyone wants to post pictures there they are welcome to it. It's not quite as quick loading as Yahoo or Photobucket, but we could all keep tabs on each other easier.
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 10:30 AM   #66  
Bonnie

Good Morning

Amanda I am so excited for you. Me and my DH talked about it but that was all their was. We thought about doing it on our 20th Ann but that has come and gone so no dice for me.

Melissa Altari is right you couldnt have done that bad in one Night time. Everyone has to fall off the bull and then they get back on and get riding again. Believe me I am proof of it. No sweat wipe your self off and keep riding.

Lovethatsara I know how you must feel with your arm. A few weeks ago I pulled something in the back of my knee and I couldnt do too much for a few days but Now I am better and you will be before you know it.

AlaskanMelody I know as the days gets closer you must be excited to be on your way. I would jest like to say that I hope you stop and take it all in and I hope that you all have a safe trip. I know what it is like moving to a place you ahve no one and it can be tought be you guys will prevail. we are hear for you.

Mia I am hoping that you are having a wonderful time on your vacation. Dont stress on it everyones needs some RR sometimes.

Cartersmama Boy sounds like have hit the workouts Spin class and Pilates on top of running. Boy

Better be going I would like to work out before I have to take my daughter to the doc. Catch you all later.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:18 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'7"

Amanda! Congrats girl!! Sounds like fun!

Melissa, I am sure you are just fine! Today is a new day!

Altari, that sounds like a good idea! I need to get my before pics done sometime soon. argh. Not looking forward to that!

I did pilates and spin last night and she worked me hard! I could hardly move when I woke up. I am so hungry today for some reason. pmsing maybe? ger. I cant make it to the gym today, but I am going to "little" gym.. aka my son has his class today that I take him to and chase him around there. But later on I have to go visit my Dh's grandma. So I will eat good today, and go to the gym tomorrow! Have a great day ladies! Talk to you all tomorrow!
CartersMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 11:46 AM   #68  

Thanks everyone! I'm excited about "The Big Day" too. We're going have pictures taken. I will post them after the wedding.

I can't get over how tired I am. Crawling out of bed is such a chore. It's the early mornings and the super busy days. Thankfully I'm hourly; so I'll have mega overtime on my next check. I had been considering coming in on Saturday, but it's 50/50 right now. When I see how tired the folks in production look, it makes me feel guilty. They're working longer hours than I am and they're the backbone of the company. I want to do what I can to make things easier for them, but getting here at 6 on Saturday morning just doesn't feel doable at the moment. Hopefully that feeling will change.

Bonnie - Four pounds! You're workout routine is awesome. I hope all is well with your daughter. Are the doctors and the school being helpful?

Altari - I'm glad to hear you're back on track. I think what happens is that we hit a wall at some point. Then you're sort of at a crossroads.
I think posting all of our pictures is a great idea.

Melissa... Don't beat yourself up. We hang a lot on the number on the scale don't we? Ugh! I hate it, I hate it, I hate it! I refuse to even weigh myself again until Oct 26. I know it's been a lackluster month of ups and downs and I just don't want the discouragement.
Try this... When you're weighing, don't look at the number and ask the nurse / assistant not to tell you what you weigh. Explain that you're working on it and you don't want to know the number right now. Tell the doctor the same thing. Before he / she can even open his / her mouth. And for goodness sakes don't look at your chart! Let us know how things go. I hope they're able to help you with the leg pain.

Sara - Thank you so much! I'm blown away by your progress. Do you have problems with your calves burning when you run? Mine burn like the dickens. I was told that it's just going to take time for those muscles to build up.

AlaskanMelody - I hope your trip is everything you've dreamed of and then some. You guys are so courageous.

Mia - I'm glad to hear you're loving your trip. I'm still jealous....

Cartersmama - 4.3 miles is fantastic. Keep up the great work. You're contributing so much to us with your energy and motivation.

Britt - Thanks for sharing the workout with us. Brittany did look fabulous in that video. Thin, but still muscular and shapely.
I think it's great that you're going to a tiger refuge. That's exciting. Tigers are my favorite cats. In fact I love all tabby cats!
Old 09-28-2006, 11:49 AM   #69  

Where are you Danielle??
Old 09-28-2006, 01:49 PM   #70  
Melissa

Thanks for the pick me up girls!! I know I know move on, I'm over it I think! LOL!! My own worst critic. I just got back from my docs appointment and he's pretty sure its sciatica but wont know for sure or what kind of treatment until after he sees the Xrays and that wont be till next week. So in the meantime he gave me anti inflamatories to take for pain. And the one thing he did stress was losing weight, he said shedding some pounds COULD (not guaranteed but could) reduce the pain, so I'm taking that advice and running with it!! I told him I was working on it and had already lost 6 lbs and he cheered.

Anyway, wanted to let you know that info, I gotta run over to the school now and go classroom to classroom explaining the fundraiser to the kiddos. Good times! NOT! LOL!!

I'll be back after that to see how everyone is doing!! Keep on shining everyone!! Have a fantastic afternoon!

~melissa
Old 09-28-2006, 01:51 PM   #71  
Melissa

LOL amanda...the doctors scale actually weighs me 2.5 lbs lighter than mine so I was pleased! I asked if I could take it home with me! LOL!!

~melissa
Old 09-28-2006, 02:17 PM   #72  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

I'm here! I'm here! Thanks Amanda for askin! Just been a busy coupla days that's left me with no computer time. Kids have had projects due so that's had me running around all over looking for things for them while they've been in school. Then they come home and hog the computer! LOL

Amanda, congrat's on the wedding!!! How exciting. And I know you will look fantastic in a new dress! Cannot wait to see these pictures!!!! What a great motivator to get you going with everything. We got married in Vegas at a major hotel, it was alot of fun. But I think we're going to renew our vows again soon and probably by Elvis if dh gets his way! LOL I hope work is going alright for you, and you're not burning the candle at both ends!

Altari, I am so relieved to here that you're back at it! Good girl! You are making such great changes and you have lots to be proud of!!! Hang in there, the weight WILL come off!

Stacia, great job on the workout!!! Maybe one day I will think about spin class, I think I would like it. However first I need to lop some of this weight off! Enjoy your time with your son, how fun!!!

Mel, glad things went okay at the dr and there weren't any surprises. Sounds like he's supportive and excited to see you lose. Hopefully pain meds will help? Would be nice to get a walk in, I'm sure.

Bonnie, them's fightin words lady!!! lol I am all for the blue team...GOOOOOOO BOB!!! I am not liking the new trainer at all. She can't even keep control of her team whatsoever and that bugs me. You know if Jillian had been there she would have commanded that attention & respect. They ALL had fabulous weigh ins...heck I would kill to lose 8pounds in a week, let alone 12,16 or 20!!!

Sara, I hope your arm is feeling better! Nothing worse than an unexpected injury to sideline all your good exercise progress! I'm glad you find what I have to say helpful, I try.

AlaskanMelody, I hope you are hanging in there and not too stressed with all you have to do. Good luck getting everything done and packed so you're ready to take off so soon!!!

Mia, I hope you're having a blast in New Orleans!!!!

I had a revelation today. I finished getting ready and gave myself a good look in the mirror and by-golly I really do love the way my hair makes me look! LOL Seriously, you guys know me and my aversion to the mirror and all that. But today for some reason I felt up to it and did it and I really truly love the way my hair is. I am wearing it longer than I have since high school and that's a feat in itself. Usually I get sick of it at about neck length and hack it off. Now it's well past my shoulders and I love it. I actually think I look younger and healthier with it longer. Hhhmmmm

Have an awesome day gang!

danielle
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 03:32 PM   #73  
Bonnie

Hello

Danielle Iam sorry but I was kinda ticked off the way the blue team jest thought they were so indespencialbe their . They all working for the same thing. Then when they guy on the red team was crying becasue his son was in ICU. I was soo glad that Kim Kicked their butts and made them work . Sorry didnt mean to offend any one I Love Bob too. I jest thought they were too Cockey last night for their own good.

Melissa I dont Blame you when I was going to the doc I would tell him how wrong is scale was . I am glad that everything worked out for you. Way to Go. I know what your going threw with the pain when we were first looking for a condition on my son they thought it was a Sciatica too. But then fond it was Anklosing Spondlitis.

Amanda I used to hate to work overtime never seem to get to catch up on stuff. Well the school is wonderfull right now. They have it where the Doctor comes to the school and see her and they have a thearpist that comes and sees her at the school too. Went in today and met with the Child Phycatrist and she has said that she has diagnoised her with Anxiety disorder and not ruling out that she has ADHD since it runs in the family on both sides. They gave her Prozac only 5 mg right now and we will go from their.

I better be going I have soo much to get done.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:35 PM   #74  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

No offense taken Bonnie. Just playin with ya. Really did feel bad for the guy with the sick son--that would be scary! I just think that the blue team comes across that way because of what they're being taught from Bob. He teaches to be confident and excited about what they are doing and to truly believe that they are the best. Every single season it's always been shown as Bob being more nurturing, trying to figure out the "why's" to some of these people's reasons for overeating, never saw that with Jillian, and you certainly won't see that with Kim. He truly wants to know what makes these people tick! I think the blue team feels more secure with their leader than the red team does that's for sure.

danielle
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 05:16 PM   #75  
Bonnie

Danielle Yes I see it that way too. I love Bob . I thought he was a more caring person then Jillian. I didnt care for the way she did things . You have to get to the root of the problem before they can make a life change and I think that Bob is in that all the way. I dont have high hopes for Kim either but I thought it was kinda funny when everyone was laughing and it made her mad. She jest didnt kick their butts in the first show and they thought they could be slow about it . she had to kick their butts in the second if she wanted to get anywhere. Cant wait to see what happens next week.

Did you know that you can go on NBC and they have a cook book , complete calorie counter book. also a sound track . I sure was supprised. Not too bad either in price. the shipping is almost as much as the item.