Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 10:39 PM   #31  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Jane...they are so adorable! Wah! I want my DGD to be little again. Teenagers don't have as much time for grandma. Hope you like the treadmill. I could never find a good place in the house for mine and would rather walk outside. (doesn't help in bad weather though)

Cristina...Good to see you again. That is neat about the box of goodies. What all can you send? I wonder how long it takes for him to get a box over there.

Katiecat...I hope you get good news about your evaluation, maybe more therapy. It is obvious that you aren't back to 100% and I hope you get there soon. So great that you got to spend time with your sister and family.

mkat and ifonly...Welcome. I am looking forward to getting to know you both. It sounds like you each have a plan and I hope we can offer you encouragement as you meet your goals.

I managed to walk again tonight which was another 2+ miles. It is cooling off in the evening, which makes the walk so much more pleasant. I also got in 2 ten minute exercise sessions earlier today. (WATP moves)

I made the orange shake that I mentioned previously. The flavor was good even though it was not very orange in color. I didn't put pineapple in mine, but really enjoyed it. DH did not like it at all, but he eats "the real" ice cream and doesn't care for yogurt. He expected it to be smooth and it wasn't...kind of grainy. Heck, I didn't care, it was cold and tasty...plus fat free. I will have to be careful or it could become a habit.

New house: Yard is being graded, trim is being finished, cabinets are in, (no countertops yet) the outside dormers are sided and painted, the sidewalk is formed but not concreted yet. Lots of little finish work to do yet. Almost there!
I called today to get the gas on and to get an estimate from a moving co. Now I have to call a consignment auction to find out about selling some of our furniture.

Hope you all had a great day and I will "see" you tomorrow.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:41 PM   #32  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi Ladies..........

I still have heartburn. It went away for a bit. I have only slept a few hours or so, if that..........I slept too late to make it to my drs appt. There was no way I would have made it and my appt was towards the end of the day so no way I could have asked them to stay late.........If it continues I will go to the Urgent Care or ER.

I am going to eat something (haven't eaten anything all day) and then watch some tv and then try to get some rest.........I've tried multiple times to lie down and sleep but so far, I haven't had much luck.

Jane -- Glad you liked the card. I read that and laughed and laughed and knew exactly who I was going to send it too! (you) lol. So I am very glad you enjoyed it!!!!! I enjoyed picking it out!!!!!

Well sorry this is short and sweet but I'm sure you all understand.

Have a Great Night!

Old 08-22-2006, 01:23 AM   #33  

Height: 5'1"

Hi girls!!

I wasn't able to get online at all until tonight. We had some computer issues.

All this wonderful chatting!! I don't think I can catch up today but will definately try tomorrow.

A big Welcome to Mkat & Ifonly!! So happy to see new faces!!

And a welcome back to MaryKate, Cristina, and Robin!

And heck....Hello to you all!!!

Well gals, I'm going to get ready for bed. Going to post in the challenge thread then go....

Have a great night!
Old 08-22-2006, 09:04 AM   #34  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

S/C/G: 242/242/160

Height: 5'6"

Morning!

I know I am ranting..

Don't you love how when a deadline is soooooooooo close is when everything falls apart or then you find 10 more things you have to do to get to it? My dd start school on Mon and I swear lately all I am getting is mail or calls on what you have to do now before school starts or she has to be in child care for 2 weeks now at least as there is no room on the bus - what??? True & what a hassle let me tell you. I hear the beach calling my name as I type this.
Don't you think that if you were told 2 months ago that your child would need a zipper binder and so you got it, but then got a letter like yesterday that it has to be 1" and blue - if they are that specific they should buy it. She will take what I bought as I already bought it. Little stresses like this are driving me nutso

Jane... Yea my nutrionist tells me what to do & what to change & all that stuff so I "try" to follow it. I had my goal this week but I don't think I am gonna make it, trying just not killing myself to get to it. I should for what I pay her though lol

I want to go to Chicago! Are you going on the mile? We wanted to take the girls there but the price for a weekend was too much for me at the time. I have driven through Chicago - YIKES (note with our 5th wheel!) never again, let me tell you. The only good thing was that when we had to pee during the 3 hour back up we could walk back to the 5th wheel & go LOL

Thos girls are absolutely ADORABLE!!!!

Cristina... I bet he will get the box. My gf's dh is there and we made him a huge box of candy bars thinking oh will they raid this one! He got them all

Welcome Mkat & IFonly!

Hi to Michelle, Katie, Sue, Alex, Marti, Sassy, & Norma (oh don't kill me if I forgot anyone!)
Old 08-22-2006, 10:21 AM   #35  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies,

Ifonly - I do feel very blessed to have the treadmill, especially since it isn't the first one! The last one I had - the pad underneath got bunched up w/o me knowing it, and burned up the motor. Hope you get one, or a bike, soon.

Sue - TY for your kind words about my DGDs. They are so sweet, and still want to spend as much time as possible with me. I know that will change soemday. When we moved, it was approx. 50 feet from the old house to the new one, so that part was a piece of cake. I hope this is the last place I have to move to! Maybe a nursing home someday, God forbid!

Sassy - well, if you have indigestion, and aren't allergic to baking soda, try this: stir 1 teaspoon of baking soda into 3/4 cup water, mix well, and drink it. That will make you burp, and feel better. Hope you get some sleep, sweetie.

Marti - yay, glad your computer is back working. Did James get all his games loaded? I wish they made more of them geared toward women. I used to play a mystery one, called 7th Guest, and it rocked!

Robin - omg, kids supply lists drive me nuts! Some teacher always wants an item that can't be found, or is sold out! When Mary and I go to Chicago, we'll be taking the Amtrak train. We'll be 1 block off the Magnificent Mile, between that and Navy Pier. I went in 2005 with DD Katie, and we stayed right on the Mile, at Hyatt Regency. It was really swanky, but they are pricey! Anyway, if you get a chance, take the Amtrak down and visit us while we're there. I'd love that!

MaryKate - I hope you'll post as often as your hand allows. We miss you around here when you're gone. How are the boys doing?

A special hello to Angie and Julie.

Hello to everyone else, too.

Thanks to all of you for your kind words about my DGDs. I love them so much, it makes my heart feel like it's going to burst at times. I'm going with Mary and the kids to Evansville here in a little while. She's getting some winter clothes for them, before they're all picked over. I'm not looking for anything in particular, but I betcha I come home with some things, lol.

Have a good day!
Old 08-22-2006, 03:18 PM   #36  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello Ladies...

MKat & IfOnly! Glad to have you ladies here and look forward to getting to know you.

SUE...bet you guys can't wait to get moved into the new house! I'm getting excited for you! You are doing great with your exercise and walking! I found a list of things to send to Josh online...candy, top ramen noodles, games, sunblock, socks, t-shirts, oh the list goes on. I think we may have adopted the whole platoon! V was telling the guys at work we finally heard from him and one of the guys asked him what he could send to him and that he wanted to help. He wanted a list. Well, that list turned into about 25 copies and was going to be discussed at their morning meeting because he (Steve, guy V works with) thinks they should be supporting the guys over there. I told V if they wanted to donate to the whole platoon I will do the shipping. I was looking to help more and have found some sites to help out with. There's one where the guys e-mails for their platoon and tells what they could use over there. So if it gets to be too much I will help others too. I've not heard from V yet today to see what happened and what if anything anyone will do. But this guy, Steve was adamant about helping. Touched my heart.

ROBIN...those lists used to drive me nuts too! I swear the last few years the teachers were more specific on what they wanted, as far as colors and such. Ugh!

JANE...I do think she (Caylin) looks like you and yes all three girls are adorable! I can't wait to have grandkids. Have a fun day shopping with the girls! And what a nice surprise...Neal bringing you a treadmill, woohoo!

MICHELLE...hope all is well with you and your mom.

SASSY/SHEL...you are a sweetie! And THANKS for the cute card! It was a nice surprise for sure. I saw the address label and I thought who is that? I know I've seen that name before, lol. Anyway, hope you got rid of the indigestion and got some sleep. And, how are you liking your new bed?

MARTI...glad your computer is up and running.

MARYKATE...glad you had a nice visit with your family. And still hoping your arm gets better.

Hi to everyone else

Not much going on today. Did drag myself out of bed finally to go for my walk at the park and that felt good. I find I am always having to force myself to do the exercise and I don't know why. Because once I get up and do it I feel so much better, have more energy, etc. Did some weeding too in the front yard. Have a patch of grass that we killed on purpose to reseed. Was trying to rake it all out but it wasn't completely dead so had to spray it again too. Will have to do that a couple of times before we can reseed to make sure we got the bad crap. So now I need to go vacuum and dust a little since I didn't get that done this morning. I worked some more on Ernie dogs haircut. Goofy dog...he can only take so much of the razor before getting ansty and he lets you know when it's time to stop. So, this has taken three days so far. Started Sunday and since we had some storms, which he is afraid of...he wasn't coming out from anywhere yesterday so didn't bother. Tried to finish today but he had enough. Really is just a little bit of touch up and may not even do that. Cracks me up that when shaved the dog is tan with a black stripe down his back, he has black in spots too but when his hair grows out it is black all over. How can he be black all over with long hair and tan with short? You don't actually see the tan when it grows out either, except of course on his little legs where it is mixed. Anyway, babbling...take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a terrific Tuesday!
Old 08-22-2006, 04:46 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Hello All: I'm out of the dark. We lost power last night at 6:30pm and it did not come back on until almost midnight. I read all your posts but was too pooped to reply.
Jane: Awesome girls! Don't you just love being a Grandma? I have 12 grandkids. I've always told my kids I should have started with the grandkids first because they are so much sweeter than their parents!LOL. I'm teasing them and they know that the grandkids have me wrapped around their little fingers!
I hope all you great ladies are having a healthly, happy, and fun week.
Norma
Old 08-22-2006, 04:59 PM   #38  
~Believe~

Good Evening Ladies!!!!!!

I took some meds that I had forgotten I had that my dr. had given me for when I had extreme stomach problems. (I have had stomach problems since I was 16 and they have never found out why expect once I had ulcers but I was just checked out and no ulcers) Anyways I took the meds and they totally knock me out, which was great because I hadn't slept that much either. So I slept from 1 a.m. until 3 p.m. today.......So yes I feel much better!!!!!!!!

I think this is what happened, I'm no dr, but its my "Theory" from having stomach problems most of my life............I think I did get some heart burn, I think that is how it started out. THEN because I had heartburn I couldn't eat, so it was like an endless cycle. I think from not eating, that made it much worse because then all that acid was just creating more acid and you see where I'm going.................

Anyways..................I did eat a turkey sandwich lastnight and then watched some tv until my meds kicked in, then I totally passed out and fell asleep in my new bed. I had some weirdo dreams, lemme tell ya. lollllllllllllllllll.

Jane -- that was weird you said that, my hub told me the exact same thing! lol.

Cristina -- YW. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I love picking out cards. It drives my husband nuts though because I can take foooooooorrrrrrreeeeeevvvvveerrrrrr just looking at cards.....................lol. But that day I picked out yours and Jane's, we just happened to be with my mil, who wanted to stop at Hallmark to get some Holiday Ornaments so that gave me the chance to pick out some cards!

Marti -- Glad you was able to get back online! Did you have withdrawls???? lol.

Robin -- I know what you mean there. Lately it seems all you see in the papers is "Parents do not forget this or that for school!" We are not parents, yet, but I truely do feel for parents getting ready for school. There was even an ad for back to school TIRES!!!!!!!!!! I was like WHAT????? So there is another thing to add to your list! LOL. Just kidding. lol.

I hope you get to the beach soonnnnnnn to relax.........You taking Johnny (Depp) with ya? lollllllll. He may have been worn out from being with Jane! HEE HEE. Just teasin, Jane. lolllllllllllllllll

A very special hello to all those who are currently MIA out there!!!!!! We miss you, so please come out and "play"

Also hello to all those out in "lurkdom" land!

to the newbies! This is a great place, lots of support and lots of fun too!
Old 08-22-2006, 05:48 PM   #39  
~Believe~

Hi I thought this was too cute not too share..................

We knew it all along, but this just confirms it.

Most of you have read the scare-mail about the person whose kidneys were stolen while he was passed out. Well, read on. While the kidney story was an urban legend, this one is not. It's happening every day.

My thighs were stolen from me during the night a few years ago. It was just that quick. I went to sleep in my body and woke up with someone else's thighs. The new ones had the texture of cooked oatmeal. Who would have done such a cruel thing to legs that had been mine for years? Whose thighs were these and what happened to mine?

I spent the entire summer looking for my thighs. Finally, hurt and angry, I resigned myself to living out my life in jeans and Sheer Energy pantyhose.

Then, just when my guard was down, the thieves struck again. My butt was next. I knew it was the same gang, because they took pains to match my new rear end (although badly attached at least three inches lower than my ori ginal) to the thighs they stuck me with earlier. Now, my rear complemented my legs, lump for lump. Frantic, I prayed that long skirts would stay in fashion.

It was two years ago when I realized my arms had been switched. One morning I was fixing my hair and I watched horrified but fascinated as the flesh of my upper arms swung to and fro with the motion of the hairbrush. This was really getting scary. My body was being replaced one section at a time. How clever and fiendish.

Age? Age had nothing to do with it. Age is supposed to creep up, unnoticed, something like maturity. NO, I was being attacked repeatedly and without warning. In despair, I gave up my T-shirts. What could they do
to me next?

My poor neck disappeared more quickly than the Thanksgiving turkey it now resembled.

That's why I decided to tell my story. I can't take on the medical profession by myself. Women of the world, wake up and smell the coffee.

That really isn't plastic that those surgeons are using. You KNOW where they are getting those replacement parts, don't you?

The next time you suspect someone has had a face "lifted ", look again. Was it lifted from you? I think I finally found my thighs and I hope that Cindy Crawford paid a really good price for them!

This is not a hoax. This is happening to women in every town every night.

WARN YOUR FRIENDS.

P. S. I must say that last year I thought someone had stolen my breasts. I was lying in bed and they were gone! As I jumped out of bed I was relieved
to see that they had just been hiding in my armpits as I slept. Now I keep them hidden in my waistband.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:09 AM   #40  

OMG!!! Sassy that was just too funny!!

Ok...try to catch up a little....and quickly as I need to get going.

Sassy--I always have withdrawls when I can't get online. Then I start thinking of all that I need to do and start doing them instead of getting on the computer. Must really limit my time on here....my butt will thank me later for it!

Norma--Trying to catch up after awhile is so hard! What caused the power outage?? I hate it when the power goes out. Nothing like a toilet that you can't flush!!

Cristi--You talked about weeding your yard....I was looking at my pathetic yard which has no grass...just weeds...and out in the far end of the yard was one single sunflower! Apparently a squirrel left us a present. So I picked it. I LOVE sunflowers!! Ok....what a sunflower and weeds have in common...not sure but I wanted to share.

Jane--You're DGD are the sweetest and most adorable girls!! You should feel proud! And the little one looks so much like you. Did you realize that?? Now I need to see a photo of their momma....does she look a lot like you??

Robin--How frustrating!! School and the rules. Get it straight the first time. My DD starts school after labor day. We start later than most area's and get out later too. My DD would love to have school in session......I was never like that. Crazy kid!

Sue--So do you have a recipe you follow for this shake of yours?? I think it sound delicious and would be a great thing to have to curb a sweet tooth. (does it??) How much longer until you're in the house??

MaryKate--Missed you friend!! I'm sorry that your arm is still bothering you! I wish I could take some of the pain and let thing ease up for you. As Jane had mentioned....come in anytime you're up to. Alway know we're thinking of you!!

Mkat--You have a great attitude. Love it. Keep it up so it can rub off on me!! I have gained in the last few (or more) since I quit smoking. I hate to keep blaming it on that...but I am. But I'm also trying to turn the negative into a positive and won't let this get me down. Glad to have you here and I'm looking forward to hearing more from you.

Ifonly--What kind of bike are you saving up for? And exercise bike or an outdoor bike? I have been yammering all summer about dragging my bike out of the shed to pump up the tires so I can go ride around my neighborhood....and it's still in the shed! Glad to have you joining us also. And looking forward to learning more about you.

Ok.....that's as far as I can remember and I can't scroll any farther. So if I missed anyone I'm so sorry. I will try to keep up.

Now...for someone who needed to hurry and get off here, this turned into a lllooooooonnnnggggg post!!

Chat w/you girls in the morning!
Old 08-23-2006, 10:06 AM   #41  
~Believe~

Morning all..........

Yup I'm awake again..............I think I am all messed up..... Good thing I have a drs appt. Thursday!!!! I think I have something going on..........Just haven't been "myself".....................

Anywho..................I am looking for a new job. I just want something different. Something of my own, you know? So I am going to apply to this job at the fertility center, not sure if I'll get it or not, but you gotta try to get rejected, right????? lol.

I guess I just am tired of being in the company of my own misery. lol. I figure its time to do something about it. Not that I'm miserable at work, but just isn't what I want to do with the rest of my life..........I want to make difference in someone's life. I know I won't be doing any medical treatments, but in some way I feel that I will be a tiny stepping stone for someone who is trying to conceive and I know all about how that feels too...........

Marti -- I thought it was too cute not to share with everybody! I know what you mean. I feel like there is a neverending list of stuff that needs to be done but this darn computer keeps calling my name! lol...........

Well Ladies.......I hope you all have a good day!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-23-2006, 12:13 PM   #42  

Good Morning everyone!!

Sassy--Thats how I felt when I took the job that I'm at now. It's in the medical field but it has nothing to do w/medical treatments.....just getting the patients specimen sent out and getting the results in. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get the job. I think it's great that you're taking steps to make you feel happier and better.

Not a lot going on this morning. I'm going to grab my pedometer today and see how much walking I'm doing now that I'm covering for the packager who left for a different position. The warehouse is like 10miles away!! (so that's a bit of an exaggeration!) But it is a ways and I want to see how much walking I do.

Ok...hope everyone has a great morning!

Hugs to all
Old 08-23-2006, 01:04 PM   #43  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

S/C/G: 242/242/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi all! This will be a qwicky sorry

This place is nuts we have thousands of freshman moving in, it is like a zoo out here today & will be like this for Thurs & Fri too (but not for me, I won't be here LOL)

Jane... Smart move taking the train to Chicago! Wouldn't that be a hoot if the 5th grade field trip (going to Chicago this year) was the same time you will be there!

Cristina... lists lists & lists - I am the post-it queen lately I swear. I know I will forget something! One of my gfs said that her dd (in 6th grade) has to have a "certain calculator" - it is $70!!!! what???? I see a talk with that teacher real soon, that is crazy! Besides that, I NEVER got a calc. in school. Make them figure it out!

Sassy... your post was a total hoot! What would you do at the clinic? Sounds interesting!

Marti... MI has a law that schools start after Labor Day. Holt is exempt as they have a school in our district that is year round. They have to place the other schools after Labor Day after 2008 but won't before due to contracts & all that.

I know I didn't get everybody, sorry! HUGS TO EVERYONE & THOSE I MISSED! I will try to get on quick tomorrow, I am leaving at 11 for a nice long weekend at the Lake

Have a super day!
Old 08-23-2006, 04:15 PM   #44  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Nothing much going on...went for my workout, came home and cleaned, started a load of laundry and now I'm getting my 'puter time in. Wanted to go to the park for a walk but I overslept again. I hate when I have my day planned and I over sleep, ugh. Still have time to get a walk in if I want, we'll see.

SHEL...oh that was too cute! Thanks for sharing it with us! And I am glad you finally got some sleep. Has anyone checked to see if maybe you have acid reflux? That could be the problem...DD has it and she goes through the same stuff...really bad indigestion/heartburn, doesn't want to eat because of it and it does affect her sleeping, or I should say lack of. Keeping my fingers that you get the job. And you are right, you won't know unless you try. What will you be doing?

ROBIN...I remember those days of the expensive calculators! I too don't understand what happened to making the kids figure things out with their brains. Hope you have a funtastic time at the lake! I'm so jealous...I can't remember the last time I had a get-away and I desperately need one! Okay, so I can remember, it's just been a while, lol.

MARTI...there's a house around the corner that has sunflowers planted along their fence in their backyard. I walk by their house on Saturdays (when I do go)...they are drooping now but are above the 6 foot fence, so pretty.

Hi to everyone else, JULES, JANE, MARYKATE, KATHY, MICHELLE, NORMA, MKAT, IfONLY, SUE and anyone I may have missed!

Going to go do some lurking and reading before getting off this thing.

Hope everyone is having a WONDERFUL Wednesday!
Old 08-23-2006, 05:58 PM   #45  
~Believe~

Hey all.........

Glad you all enjoyed the little funny I sent..............You know what they say, a joke a day keeps the dr. away!

I'm not completely sure what I'd be doing there, I think its just verifying the insurance, that is what the job is, Insurance Verifer. So I would imagine I would be calling and speakign with the insurance co.'s a lot to make sure the patients are approved for the treatments.

And yes I do have Acid Reflux, I am on medicine for it, I've had the endoscopy done to check for ulcers, which I did have 7 ulcers years ago, but this time, no ulcers. They want to do a gall bladder scan to rule that out, even though I've had multiple ultra sounds and nothing shows up. (that is how they found hub's gallstones) They have thought it was my gallbladder since I was 16 years old and nothing has ever turned up to validate that.

So yup I do know all about Acid Reflux and stomach things, as I said I've been battling with it since I was a teenager and they cannot figure out what it is, aside from the one time I had all those ulcers. But as I said, they just checked me, no ulcers, nothing showed up this time.

Thanks for all the Well wishes for the job. I haven't applied, yet, I want input from my other co-worker first, of what to put down for reason for leaving and also if I should put if they can contact my current boss. I put down "No room for advancement" for reason for leaving, because they are outsourcing jobs like mad there. (not mine, yet, but it does make ya nervous) and in my personal opinion I think they should not contact my boss at this time, not until I know I have the job. Because why should I have them contact her and then she knows I'm searching for a job and then you know how that goes.....

I dunno.............we'll see.

Have a Great Day Ladies!
Closed Thread