Old 08-10-2006, 11:14 PM   #481  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Poutine, eh? Sounded like a tasty if not interesting concept until you got to the part about the brown gravy

Shad, glad they finally got their act together on the job (or appear to at least) and that you did not have to walk off the job in disgust. Hope it is arranged to your liking.

As for our next home - I was sort of thinking the same - actually... can you pick us a place out your way - in Australia or NZ? Not sure we've set up camp there before and outside of your webshots, it may be the only way I'll see it. That is my suggestion.

Ceejay, I'm so glad you mentioned laundry. I dropped a few swimsuits in the wash to rinse off the chlorine and promptly forgot about them. Had to leave wet stuff with the lid closed. 'Scuse me a minute. Ok... I'm back. Took care of the laundry, put food out for the kitty, folded a load in the dryer, washed up the supper dishes and cleaned off the kitchen and here I am again.

Thank you Ceejay for pushing some of the rain down our way. I had finished 30 minutes of my swimming and water exercises when the dark clouds overhead decided to get noisy. Although we get "teaser" storms - all around us but never in our yard, I didn't think it was wise to stay in the water when I could hear the thunder. Still doubting that rain would actually fall, I started watering all the parched plants. I was about to put the hose into the pool to replace some of the evaporated water (I'm sorry Shad ) when all of a sudden you could hear a rustling in the distance that grew louder and louder. You could actually hear the rain coming at us. It was a drenching curtain. Good thing I was dressed to get soaked It has rained on and off throughout the evening - hope it keeps up. I just went out to put a dish out for our nightly cat visitors and it's a bit cooler and the air is wonderfully fresh. Of course this also means that the yard I worked so hard to clean up this weekend is again filled with broken sticks, leaves and those darned "gumballs" from the sweetgum trees.

Ceejay, I'm glad your IBS has quieted down a bit. It does take work to scoot out the carbs and get more protein into the diet - low fat dairy, nuts, seeds, fish, lean turkey and chicken.

Holly are you Japanese visitors originally from Canada? Perhaps they would be looking for something they haven't had in a long time. Tho what you're planning sounds yummy enough.

Deep fried COD TONGUES Carla? I'll be darned - there is such a thing.

Madcat, sorry to hear about the bike. What a bummer for you. As for writing the finances down, my mom did that when we were growing up. If you REALLY want to get a handle on your spending, that's the way to do it. Just keep an envelope in your purse and mark it down then and there or stick the receipts in the envelope for accounting at the end of the day. Sort of like having to do your own personal expense report. When ATMs first came into play, I too remember getting 50 dollars - several times a week. Of course I think the disappearance of my money had something to do with the new Starbucks that just opened next to the ATM machine

Rose - hope you enjoyed the drumming circle - sounds neat.

Hello Suzi and Meadow.

I just realized that I have enough time if I get off the computer in the next 5 minutes to get to bed, get in a bit of reading and get some extra sleep. I bought 2 trivia books "Why Do Men Have Nipples?" and "Why Do Men Fall Asleep After Sex" - catchy titles but really the books are full of questions about things you always might have wondered about. The kind of thing you can get a guaranteed read for 10 minutes and be able to pick it right back up again tomorrow. Will have to give you some exerpts.

'Nighty night.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:23 PM   #482  

Madcat, I'm sure you'll agree that not just the BIGGEST but ANY poutine seems to weigh 808 lbs once in the belly... I've always thought of it as a perfect cholesterol bomb. But so very tasty.

No Mel posts today? I hope all is okay!

Was feeling a little blue today, mourning the impending death of a friendship that is really past its sell-by date. Now delighted to hear a great friend from San Fran will be coming to visit end August! Life does balance out, doesn't it! I'll have to remember this next time I'm sulking.

Ceejay, thanks for the help with the laundry - it would have taken forever to do alone.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:29 PM   #483  

Happy, I kid you not, cod tongues are (or at least were) a delicacy in Newfoundland. I've eaten them myself, and they were not bad at all. Best washed down with screech, of course.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:36 PM   #484  
Suzi in Auz

I have to admit, I was in the dark as to WHAT the H*LL was poutine! Thank you Madcat but can I say ..........YUCK! sounds not too delish. i guess it's a childhood thing like vegemite and chip sammies!
I vote for pancakes with maple syrup any time of the day or night, esp real Canadian maple syrup, none of this diet stuff.

I'm at work today...and a little bored. One postive with that is I get some sunshine and giggles in my day with you all. Topped with steal capped boots and smelly asparagus! YES carla ...i do know what you mean

nine weeks and counting until my Birthday...i feel like a 10 yr old with it looming up fast, I am a bit of a birthday girl. DH is hinting at lots of things and has said I am not to question him about withdrawals from the bank. ...hmmm. Sounds promising I love surprises so won't snoop.

Madcat...bummer about the bike! I hate that you have great intentions of doing something and the plans are ruined by technical difficulties, I can totally understand about spitting the dummy! I haven't been on my new bike for weeks and must do that this weekend. The weather has been a little wild and wooly but I will get there...i do love the feeling. I really should start biking to the gym, from about this time of year onwards it starts to get crazy with Christmas...I know I know the C word.

Ceejay...Yay you on all those calories. Here's an easy suggestion for the added protein, try adding a protein drink into your menu, they are quite yummy and they are rish in protein and low in carbs, there are all sorts out there. I find them filling too. I have them about 3 x a week.

Holly have fun planning for your guests. I actually love it when people come. I would love to come and stay at your place as I know the food would be lovely...you seem like the best cooK! It's funny what you said about lunches and breakfast. i kind of feel the same. Salads for lunch would be nice with mixed cold meats, and bread available, just make it simple. You will enjoy things better. Enjoy!!

Shad ...enjoy your weekend, You sound like you deserve a break. When are you supposed to be off?

Melly...come out to play !!!

woohoo on the pound down Rose, Im hoping tomorrow. No pizza tonight no pizza!!!

have wonderful weekends ladies Dh is taking Monday off and so we are off to look at the shops tomorrow, a play sunday ( which I have been roped into and DH is playing the nasty lead) running around after kids of course.
Monday, we are going to have a look at the new health gym I was telling you all about, they have a special and are waving the normal joining fee. We are going to try it out and then off to the beach for lunch. DH has to try out this new hotel on the beach at Bondi for a conference coming up, it's actually very ordinary as I have stayed there in the past but it may have changed in 2 years, The view is gorgeous.
Have fun everyone!
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:38 PM   #485  
Suzi in Auz

oooh I missed happy hope you can see the wood for the trees ( whatever that means )
Old 08-11-2006, 12:05 AM   #486  

Now that we've finished slagging fine Canadian cuisine (sniff, sniff), we really should mention a couple of Scottish aberrations, since we are living so close to Hebridean cuisine: deep-fried Mars bars (I kid you not) and deep fried pizza slices. The existence of both confirmed by a genuine Scot.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:15 AM   #487  
Suzi in Auz

do yu know that deep fried mars bars are delish!? I have had them! also mars bars chopped up and put in filo pastry and in the oven for a bit are divine!...deep fried pizza slices ...hmmm. not so sure.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:42 AM   #488  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Our new home. Click here to go to it.

One giant leap for mankind, easy jump for us fit chicks!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...00#post1366800
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 07:01 PM   #489  
Suzi in Auz

Briefly showing my face, welcome to Aussie!!!!
I'll come back later to comment.
Have super days....must walk!
Old 08-13-2006, 07:01 PM   #490  
Suzi in Auz

ooops wrong spot!
Old 10-07-2006, 02:57 PM   #491  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Testing To See If I Can Post Here
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 09:04 PM   #492  

I'm glad you are ALL still posting here.
I have lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks. I hope they STAY lost this time.
I am keeping a food log, a body journal AND keeping track of how badly I fall of the ADA food plan wagon. It is all helping, and I feel slightly better about the level of "control" I have over my life.
I also get to stop taking my Arimidex at least til November. This is a good thing. I'm hoping I won't ache so much, be so crabby or hang on to weight SO MUCH with it.

did any of you read the "Lose 22 lbs immediately by getting rid of parasites" article in one of the grocerty store tabloids. Is that too good to be true, too? (Although how GOOD can it be to be full of parasites....?) Just wondering.

will try to catch up during football tomorrow. Our local Hockey team is on TV... Bye.
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 05:54 PM   #493  
Suzi in Auz

Hi painter,
Make sure you come to the other thread. I think all the ladies are there.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:40 PM   #494  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Don't Post Here anymore. We've moved to NEW ZEALAND!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote