Old 04-14-2006, 12:35 PM   #31  
Lifetime Fat Fighter

S/C/G: 237/235/150

Height: 5'2"

I am trying to stay around 1300-1500 calories a day. I actually want to stay closer to 1300, but sometimes that doesn't happen. I am trying to make this work with my life so it's something I can stick with forever. I do a variety of things for exercise. I either do DDR (dance video game), BL workout DVD, or run on the treadmill. I try to burn between 300-600 calories a day depending on how busy I am. I've slacked off lately on the strength training part, but hope to pick that back up with this challenge.

I actually was in a plateau all of March. I decided to up my calories and back off the intensity of my workouts for a couple weeks to see how that does. Hopefully it will work. I'm not too worried about it since I still have alot of weight to lose and there's no way it's going to stay on me with the amount of work I'm doing. So I thought a challenge right now would help me focus on my eating and keep me motivated to keep exercising.

I hope everyone can reach their goals. That would be exciting.
nicolbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 01:20 PM   #32  
Fat-be-gone

I'm just watching my portion control. I'm also trying to stay away from soda and junk food (not really doing good). I don't want to deprive myself of any foods because that makes me binge like there's no tomorrow. And I'm drinking 1-2 liters of water a day.

For excercise, a lot of walking, some jogging, Slim in 6 DVD's, Tennis, and sometimes, George Foreman's Walk It Off. Since it is starting to get warmer, I'll probably throw some swimming in there. And this is a everyday thing. I'm going to try to not go a day without doing any physical activity. I'll feel like something's missing.

Everybody's plans sound great. I'm sure everyone will be meeting their goals. And if you're feeling a bit unmotivated come to us and we'll get you hopping in no time!!!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 03:34 PM   #33  
Chicky

S/C/G: 250/155.2/130

Height: 5'6.25"

I eat about 1200-1500 a day with as much healthy food as I can. I exercise for 60 minutes each day (turbo jam). Some days I do cardio, others, strength, and some a combo. as long as it adds up to 60 minutes. I try to drink at least 64oz of water a day and don't drink anything other than water, 1 with crystal light so I can put my anti-oxidant booster in, and every now and then diet pepsi (like yesterday). But I try to drink mostly water b/c I don't want to take in too much of those sweetners. Also, I try to eat every 3-4 hours.
SupersizedChicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 05:02 PM   #34  
Fat-be-gone

Hey girlies...I am about to head out for the weekend. Hop everyone sticks to their plans and gets the excercise in. To all who are celebrating easter.....have a great one. See ya all for weigh in Monday. Have a great weekend.

Rosario
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 05:24 PM   #35  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

Have a great weekend Rosario!!! Im going to try not to eat "too" much Easter stuff, It'll be hard, but I can do it!
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 09:57 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Hey - Count me in. 7 weeks x 2 = 14. I weigh 192.4 right now and would like be solidly below 180 for Memorial Day.

I currently am just fitting into some of my size 16's. Speaking of falling off, I was walking through the lodge at the ski area, stumbled, looked down, and my ski pants (XXL) had fallen to my ankles. The lady at the lost and found / security desk was busting up.

The last time I lost weight I threw away all my fat clothes. Everything I own that is above a size 14 falls in the maternity clothes catagory. I have been borrowing out of my mom's closet of 16-24 size clothes for 2 years now and am finally getting down to where they are too big. I am just going to hit sales for a few tide-me-over clothes until I can start opening up the cute bins of clothes in my spare room.
morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 10:08 PM   #37  

Oh - and I think I need one more challange for "M" Day besides the 180 mark. I want it to be an exercise challange. Now that ski season is over, I have no day care (the kids had season passes at the daycare where my DH works). So now I really have to get going on the exercise thing.

I don't know yet what my goals will be (I always try to set realistic ones), but they will be something involving the amount of time spent exercising per week. This week I have done nothing since Monday. I have to do better than that.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:02 AM   #38  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

First off, Elyn, Randee, and Morrigan!!!

Congrats SSChick (what is your name?) on the loss!

Donna, I LOVE mini challenges too! They are so exciting and motivational. I think our weigh in day will be Monday. Just so we can start the week off right.

I'm doing Weight Watchers. I love it! I eat everything I love, just modified versions and I've discovered and instantly fell in love with foods I never thought I would like! I also *try* to walk everyday. If luck's on my side, I'll be joining a gym within the next two weeks.

Updated List:
Shari ~ 242.5
Supersized Chicky ~ 224
Rosario ~ 224
Donna ~ 171
Brandi ~ 177
Heather ~ 147
Butterfly28 ~ 267
PicklesPotter ~ 168
Noelle ~ 188.8
Elyn ~ 141
Randee ~ 235
Morrigan ~ 192.4
Again, if I got any info wrong, just tell me.

Happy Easter everyone! I'll be around all weekend but I'll officially see you all on Monday for weigh in!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 05:43 AM   #39  
Chicky

S/C/G: 250/155.2/130

Height: 5'6.25"

Sorry Shari, I didn't think people would get it when I put it up. My nickname is actually Chicky. My username doesn't have anything to do with the site's name. Just cool that it matches.
SupersizedChicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 08:20 AM   #40  
dgpebbles

Morning ladies
everyone seems to have great plans with eating and exercise..we should all make our goals with no problem...

Morrigan-heeheehee how funny..I love your ski lodge stroy...I'm about ready to go through all my clothes and get rid of the big clothes...I've almost lost 2 sizes and my 16 are starting to fall of me too..

Shari- Cool I think Monday is a great day for our weigh-in day..If you can manage to join a gym do so..Its great and really helping me stay on track, lose weight and tone my body....What kind of food did you fall in love with that you didn't think you would like? maybe we can try them too.
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 03:09 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

Hey, hope everyone's doing well. Been kinda busy, that's why I haven't been posting. As for my "plan", right now I'm doing the Couch to 5K thing (3 days a week), and on the other days I'm doing Body Sculpting Bible for Women Swimsuit Edition. It's an 8-week long thing. Also, on strength days I either go for a walk or bike ride around the park I live by.

As for food, I'm really just watching portions, trying to eat healthy, adding in water, and only drinking diet pop instead of regular...for now. Hopefully I can get rid of the pop altogether soon.

Hope everyone's having a great Easter weekend! Enjoy the beautiful weather.

-Heather
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 10:47 PM   #42  

Ok - I have got a signature up and running. And I have worked out my new goals.

Goal Number 1: ABSOLUTELY NO KID LEFTOVERS - no fork or spoon shall wander to their little plates - no fingers shall nibble on the crust of peanut butter bread - no lips shall have a nibble of the frosting on their brownies, and no more "testing" the whole milk to see if it is good.

Goal Number 2: WORK OUT - NO MATTER WHAT THE EXCUSE TO NOT WORK OUT IS, even if it is only for a bit, and even if it is just 50 situps during naptime.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:09 PM   #43  

Okay, I will join this challenge too. I say that because I am doing a Mother's Day Challenge (6 pounds) and a 4th of July Challenge (20 pounds). I will say 10 pounds for this challenge. I will not do a tracker for it. I already have one for the 4th of July because it is the farthest away. I only weigh one time a month which is on the 3rd but I will weigh in on May 29th for this challenge. I am struggling right now with food so hopefully all of these challenges will help me. Good luck everyone.
72butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 04:37 PM   #44  

Default I'm in!

Hello all,

I've been perusing this site for some time now. And today is the first day of my lifestyle change/weight loss path/etc. I'd like to lose 15 pounds by Memorial Day.

I'm so excited! What sort of plans are you all on? I'm just counting calories, eating veggies, drinking water and exercising. I've been on several weight loss plans but only seem to have lost about 28 lbs at the most. Any suggestions?

Oh and I have a question: how do I add one of those counter things at the bottom of my post? Starting weight to goal weight?

thx,
Annie
hoolagurl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 05:02 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 248.6/249/135

Height: 5'2"ish

I'm in....I'm setting my goal of 10 lbs. That would put me at 198 if my home scale is right. I'll get a ticker after my offical WI next Sunday. Good luck to us all!!!
Chrissy1175 is offline   Reply With Quote