Old 04-17-2006, 09:38 AM   #61  

Default Monday!

Hey,guys! Anybody out there after the big weekend? I did pretty well until last night when we were home - pretty much ate what I could find - really not hungry! But today is a new day, and a vacation day for me. Think I will go shopping with my sister for a while. Her youngest son left for Irag about 3 weeks ago and they don't have any bedding in their barracks. Poor kid doesn't even get a pillow! We are going to find him some stuff so she can get it in the mail. He asked for a bed in a bag type thing - I looked on Friday, but could only find Hello, Kitty or Dora the Explorer in twin size ones. We thought he would be quite the hit in the Army with one of those. Minnesota just shipped several thousand National Guard kids over - besides my nephew there are several students in my school whose parents are gone - one poor kid whose mom and dad are both gone for a year. It is going to be a long year of worry about them all.
I am feeling good about the life style changes I intend to make today. I am going to listen to my body, eat when my hunger is at a 2 or 3 out of 10, and stop when it is at a 5 or 6. I am also going to make sure that I am really hungry when I eat, and not just thirsty. Any other good ideas?
Marsha
mejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 01:15 PM   #62  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the newcomer (sorry can't remember the name). Come often, post much!!! We'll get each other throught this!

Ho did everyone make out for Easter Dinner? I did well, just ate a normal dinner, light on the higher calorie stuff! I made a sweet potato for me and that really helped me eat less of the other stuff. Plus I love them! My DIL did bring a huge chocolate cake (why couldn't it have been white? I don't like white cake) and I had a small piece! So, not too bad. I even had time in the morning to go for a long walk and do my weights!

Marsha, I think you should buy your nephue gi joe bedding! If you send Hello Kitty the other guys will be jealous and try to take it away from him.
Good plan for the eating! Eat healthy food and stop when your body says "full" The only problem is, we aren't used to listening to our bodies and don't really know what "full" feels like! My advice is to eat very slowely. Put down your fork between bites! Remember it takes 30 min for the stomach to send a signal to the brain that it's full!

Take care, Freda
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 10:18 PM   #63  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everyone, hope you all had a great Easter. I enjoyed it, it was nice to have some time with hubby at home, he's often so busy at work that we don't get to spend as much time together as we'd like. I've still got a few more days holiday before going back to work on Monday (I work in a primary school so I get nice long hols )

Well, I will confess that I have probably ( ) eaten far more than I should have done over the past week, but I have hopped on the scales this morning and I am now back to tracking my weight, so I'm now hoping for a downward trend rather than maintaining!

Freda, trust me, you don't want to know about the banoffie pie!! (A combination of banana/caramel/cream/chocolate ... mega, MEGA calories!!)

Nichola
Fat in Hong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:14 AM   #64  

Default Wednesday!

Good morning to all! Haven't had breakfast yet and my mouth is watering over the pie description! I have an issue that is huge with me. I don't have any problem eating light all day - in fact it is very much a habit. Bit I swear I can eat dirt if it is after 5 in the afternoon. I almost get a panicky feeling if I am not eating. I know it has nothing to do with real hunger, and it is definitely what is keeping me from really getting control of this weight once and for all. Any advice from anyone? It is so defeating to do so well all day, then wake up the next morning knowing I consumed a day and a half's worth of calories if a couple of hours! On a lighter note - wishing everyone a great day.
marsha
mejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:30 AM   #65  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kona
Well this chick isn't.
This chick isn't either!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:02 AM   #66  

Good Morning all, It's going to be a beautiful, sunny 75 degrees here in Michigan today! Hope the rest of you are getting some spring weather too! Just lifts your spirits!

Nicola, We all over do at times! Just pick your self up, dust yourself off, and get back with the plan! remember it's just one day and learn something from it. That pie would be the down fall of me, you're right! Got all the stuff I love rolled into one big calorie!!

Marsha, I wish I had an answer for your problem! Because it's mine too! I do fine all day but the minute I set down at night, boom! I'm raiding the kitchen. I have tried to "defat" the house but you can eat too much of anything! Maybe some of the others can give us some tips!

Make it a good day, Freda
Old 04-20-2006, 09:30 AM   #67  

Marsha & Freda, no, sorry, can't give you much support there as that's my problem too ... I can be great all day, then when I'm preparing dinner for the rest of the family, I start to pick ... and boy, do I pick!!! ... I probably eat a whole dinner just whilst I'm preparing it ... then, I have dinner!!! ... This is something that I'm working on!

Freda, the pie's all gone now, thank goodness, so no more temptations!!

Nichola
Old 04-20-2006, 08:11 PM   #68  

Well I do have one suggestion... not sure if this will help. But Repo Girl recently posted something that I do in the morning and it really helps! I take a lemon and stick holes in it with a fork, then put it in the microwave for one minute. Cut in half and as soon as you can handle it (I hold it with paper towel) squeeze the juice out of half and pour it into a 16 oz bottle and fill with hot tap water and chug it. She does the other half an hour or so later but I do it all at once in a 32 oz bottle... chug the first half and drink the rest over the next hour or so. It not only FEELS great but it does take away my hunger. You might try doing it at around 5 PM or so... or shortly before. Just a suggestion.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:10 PM   #69  

Thanks for the suggestion Misty! I already drink my hot water and lemon in the morning, but i'll try it again at night too! I don't think it will help though. Because i'm not really hungry! I think it boredom and habit! A BAD habit! I am working on that! Freda
Old 04-21-2006, 11:09 PM   #70  

Freda, most of the time when I eat too, it's not because I'm hungry (except perhaps at normal meal times). I know I'm a 'comfort eater', so whenever I'm feeling down or whatever, I eat. But I have also noticed, over the past couple of weeks whilst I've been at home during the Easter hols, that I've eaten much, much more than I normally do when I'm working. I put this down to boredom. Basically, when I'm working, even though I only work part-time, my life is usually pretty hectic, but during the holiday I've had a relaxing break and I will admit to being pretty lazy (and I've enjoyed it!!). But my eating habits have been dreadfull! I constantly find myself in search of something to eat ... and not always healthy stuff either!!

Anyway, the hols are almost over for me (back to work on Monday), I went shopping yesterday and have stocked up on lots of fruit, veggies, salads etc ... and no crap stuff ... sorry kids!!

The weather here in HK is really warming up now and the humidity is already driving me nuts! I do not want to be feeling this uncomfortable in tight fitting clothes throughout the summer months! Official weigh-in day for me is Friday, so I'll be updating my tracker then ... and I will not be accepting anything other than a loss to report!!

Nichola
Old 04-22-2006, 12:05 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 271.4/251/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Everyone:

I've been busy this week with a sick grandparent and have been spending most nights at the hospital.... so I haven't had time to post. Anyway, I'm so frustrated. Because of all of the stress I've been eating uncontrolably. I don't know where to start or how to get myself back on track. Again I've gone back to old habits to figure out what weightloss plan I need to do next to get this weight off. I think I'm going crazy!!!!! Can anyone relate?

Take care all!!!

Marie
itz_marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 12:40 AM   #72  

Hi Marie... Hey don't be too hard on yourself; you have had a stressful week! Sorry you fell off the wagon, but I'm scooting over right now to make room for you up here beside me... so jump back on; I'm extending a hand to help pull you up!! Here we all are
Old 04-24-2006, 03:24 AM   #73  

Marie, sorry to hear about your grandparent It's obviously a very stressful time for you and it's quite understandable that your mind has been on other things rather than your eating habits, so don't beat yourself up about it. Give yourself a bit of time to sort yourself out and ease yourself gently back into it when you feel ready ... you need to be in the right frame of mind. You mentioned that you need to 'figure out what weight-loss plan to do next' ... well, with a 20lbs loss already to be proud of, I'd say you were already following the right plan

Well, it was my first day back at work today ... I'm feeling absolutely exhausted ... not just that fact that I had to get up early, but we had a really bad thunder/lightning storm last night and didn't get a wink of sleep!! I can't wait to crawl into bed early tonight! I've had a pretty good day so far ... lots of healthy eating ... AND I turned down a piece of rich fruit cake with icing on it that one of the girls brought in because she got married during the Easter hols (it wasn't the actual wedding cake, but she'd brought two big cakes in for the staff which was nice of her). Any way, I'm feeling really rather pleased with myself for not having any, because I know if I'd had a taste, I would probably have had a second piece!

Nichola
Old 04-24-2006, 09:47 AM   #74  

Default Hi

Good morning all, Worked the weekend, did ok with the diet. Didn't get any exercise. I'll try to make up for that today, and the rest of the week.

Marie, I know how stressful it is try to care for a family member in the hospital. So don't be too hard on yourself. And cafateria food isn't the greates with healthy food choices either. Take care of your self. Maybe go for a walk around the hospital to relieve the tension. My prayers are with you.

Nichola, Good for you for turning down that Cake! Don't you feel so much better about your self when you make good choices? We have someone bring in SOMETHING every day I work! I've gotten to be very selective! I have a small bite of something, that's all! But if you can't do that, don't have any! Know thy self! My fingers are crossed for you too!

Make it a good day, Freda
Old 04-26-2006, 02:44 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 271.4/251/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Everyone:

I'm back! Thanks so much for the support. Granddad is home and is progressing as well as to be expected for an 80 year old.

Anyway... I'm wondering if anyone has heard of Julia Havey's book Awake the Diet Within? No I'm not soliciting anything. I was doing some surfing on the web and came across her site. If anyone has heard of it or has the book, please let me know what you think.

This week I've been doing ok with making better choices. Of course I could do better. But I'm taking it one day at a time. I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but it's so hard to break the DIET mentality.

Anyway.... take care all.

Marie
itz_marie is offline   Reply With Quote