Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 09:47 AM   #31  
Missy

S/C/G: 204/204/145

Hey Guys,

Sorry I have been gone. Actually, I haven't been. I read all of your posts, but I just don't write 'cause I'm pissed off that I regained the five pounds I lost for the Easter challenge and am right back were I started. My avoidance behavior is a sure sign I'm being "naughty" and don't wanna talk about it! LOL, I'm like a little kid.

C.J.: Okay, I'm ready to try again with the Bikini Challenge, but ya know 130 don't look the same at 40 as it did at 20! Gravity is the arch enemy of the middle aged woman! Nothing like having to put on a pair of shorts and a tank top to motivate you into losing weight.

Becky: So how is it going with Curves? I used to be a member years ago when they first came to town. I liked it. Don't know why I stopped. Probably just lazy!

Sassy: I am green with jealousy! But I do hope that you had a wonderful time. Where did you go? My husband and I went to Jamaica in November to an all inclusive resort and I never wanted to come home again. I still think about it all the time. I hope your trip was just as great (and that your husband refrained from injuring himself further!)

Annie: Congrats on the new apartment! I'll bet that is nice, especially having your own space! How is the job situation going? Find anything you really like or are you still temping?

TeaHoney: Are you practicing avoidance behavior like me? What's going on in your world?

I think my puppy is finally potty trained (knock on wood) and that it soooo wonderful! However, had I known how time consuming and tied down I would be with a dog, I might have bought my son a hamster. Sometimes it is worse than having a child. Someone always has to go home for lunch, can't go away for the weekend, blah, blah, blah!

One of my pastor's asked me to be in charge of this humungous women's retreat coming up at the end of the month. It was an honor to be asked and planning it has been fun, but now that it is looming upon me, I'm scared that the weekend will bite the dust and no one will have any fun. I'm my own worst critic. How can they not have a blast? The weekend is kidless, husbandless, houseworkless and is filled with shopping, food, makeovers and midnight pool parties. They better have fun or they can all kiss my butt! Ha! That sounded real Christian, didn't it!

Hope y'all have a great week and a blessed Easter.

Love, Missy
Old 04-13-2006, 03:19 AM   #32  

Hi there!

I know it's been a while since I posted here. I think about you guys all the time and I finally have some time to post. I've been on WW since December 22, 2005 and have lost close to 30 pounds. I am really trying to make sure this is the year I lose this weight. I had tried for many years, just ask CJ and Sharon, to lose it but never have. This time, I decided it was my time to concentrate on myself rather than everyone else. I know it sounds selfish but if I dont' take care of myself, who will? As for exercise, I try to walk every day. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I walk 4 miles and I love it. I can't believe I just wrote that! My eating is better, I have somehow become addicted to balsamic vinegar. I put it on almost everything so I guess there are worse things I could be addicted to. Nico is now 2 and a half and quite the handful. He thinks that the sofa is a great place to use as a diving board. He really, really keeps me busy. I have to watch him all the time or else he makes a giant mess. I am also trying to potty train him and it's been h*ll. I think he's going to be the only high schooler still in diapers.

CJ- I see you are still being a brat! I miss you chickie, I really do. I think about you and Sharon quite a bit.

Sharon- How are you my friend? Like I said to CJ, I think about the both of you often. I still have the e-mail with your phone number so I may surprise you one day with a phone call.

Chrissy- How are you beautiful lady! Congratulations on your engagement! Wow, you are going to be a bride and mother of the bride in the same year! I miss your e-mails. You send some really good ones.

A big hello to all those I didn't mention by name.

I'm off to bed. I promise not to wait so long until my next post.

Sylvia
Old 04-20-2006, 12:22 AM   #33  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

Hello everyone.

I thought I would just drop by and say hi. Where is everyone? I hope you all had a good Easter. Mine was pretty quiet. I didn't get any candy which I am so thankful for. I got a cute little duck and a chirping chickie. Oh so cute.

I did have a job interview this week. Well, I suppose you would call it that, but it was much more relaxed then the last one that I had. I don't know if I'll get it. I am actually torn right now. It's part-time. It would be 3 hours a day M-F and more if it were busier and I was needed. I'm torn because it's office help for one of the local funeral homes. The plus side is that it up the street from our apartment. About a 1 1/2 blocks which is great. I just don't know if it's something that I want to do. I just hate to take it and then find something else that would be more hours or full-time. I didn't ask how much they paid. I know it shouldn't matter, but I am basing working there how much they would pay. I just want to make sure I have enough to pay my obligations and still help out around the house. I know what it is like to be the only one to pay the bills. And I want to help if just a little.

Well, nothing much is going on here. I still have no clue as to what I weigh. I am not sure if it's a good thing or not. I am going to have to get off of my butt and get on a scale so I can update my ticker. Hoping that it will be in favor and I hit Onderland. That would be such a ego booster for me right now.

Ok.. I should get ready for bed. Probably not. I think I am going to go and play on pogo for just a bit. Take care all.

Annie
Old 04-20-2006, 10:39 AM   #34  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Well - happy Thursday after EASTER everyone! Hope everyone had a great EASTER and are now prepared to work harder to get our bodies ready for the "swimsuits"!!!!! YES, WE CAN DO IT!!!!!

Sorry I haven't been around much ... been really busy taking care of my 5-yr old Carley while her grandparents were in Florida .. they are back home now so I returned her to them - LOL. She is soooo cute, but she sure does have the energy bunny beat! Also, my sister from California was here last week so I spent as much time with her as I could .. don't get to see her too often.

SLYVIA!!!! You go girl - WTG on your 30 lbs loss!!! And, oh my, so good to hear from you! Please don't stay away so long next time ... and keep up the great work on your wt loss - you're doing marvelouse darling - marvelous!

Missy:
Don't quick posting because you regained your 5 lbs - just get right back up on that wagon and keep on trying! But keep on posting too - we miss you when you are not here! I should talk - I haven't been posting either! I didn't gain any but I didn't lose any either! So, am starting again TODAY! I'm going to start a daily food thread - starting today. Good luck on your woman's retreat - I'm sure you will do a great job and you all will have a lot of fun!

Annie:
Good luck on your new job if you get it if you decide to take it. Even if you don't I'm sure something good will come up for you. Good job on not eating any candy for EASTER ... I had a few pieces myself ... So you play on Pogo? I used to a long time ago but I went to ION and go there to play bingo sometimes ...

Well ... am off to start a new thread - #16 - I hope some of our "missing members" return soon! I will also start a "bathing suit" challgenge. Come and join me!

SEE YOU ON #16!!!
Love, CJ
Closed Thread