Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 03:36 PM   #46  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Hello ladies and a good Saturday to you!

Not much going on, being lazy today trying to recuperate still. Thought I had allergies but think it is a head cold. Never can tell half the time. I know they say if your snot is clear it's allergies and if it is yellow or green eeeewww, it's a cold, but what if it is both?! It's my sinuses for sure but turned into a cold so taking something for sinus/cold and getting plenty of rest. So much for my to do list!

MARTI...thanks for the link, although I didn't think it was such a big deal about the ticker not showing. May want to rethink my sig since the ticker won't show up but once on a page.

SUSAN...WTG on the loss! Hey, why not treat yourself maybe twice a week on the coffee. You would still be cutting back but still have a treat twice a week. Tell REBECCA HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope she has a fun one.

CONNIE...good to hear from you and glad to hear your mom is better.

JULES...gonna have to check out the Sonoma Diet and see what it's all about. Even though I've sworn off buying another diet book.There's been a lot of talk about it.

ANGIE...all this time I thought Brandon had his license. Hey, don't let him go too far with out getting it! Carrie still doesn't have hers and is in no hurry to do so. She will be 22. But she is driving with a permit, her third to be renewed. I think they tired of her goin gin so much they renewed it for a year last time! I thought most teenagers were in a hurry to drive when they were old enough, I know I was! I sniff candles also! LOL When I burn the candles down and the wax around the wick is left I will sometimes put that was in the closet, a drawer, a cabinet, etc. to keep things smelling good. And I absolutely LOVE the Wedding Day scent as you all know, lol!

KATY...how funny that he was your prom date! I bet you guys had a lot of catching up to do.

CHRISTINE...can't tell you how many times I typed Christina! LOL Which happens to be my name but without the 'h'. I've seen the Incredibles on a few times but have yet to watch it, I've heard it's good though.

Hi to everyone else.

Sorry but I've lost my train of thought. I went to have my mammogram Wednesday and just received a letter in the mail (they always send the results via mail) from the Breast Center. Vince handed it to me and said the rest of the mail is junk and he didn't know what this was. I said it's the results fromt he other day, I have breast cancer. Of course I was kidding, maybe shouldn't have. They found something and want me to schedule an appointment. Now...I know it may be nothing but at the same time I think we always jump to conclusions and think the worst, which is what I keep doing. Trying to think positive because there's nothing to worry about until I am told there is-breast cancer doesn't run in our family so that's a plus. So wish me luck ladies while I stew over this the next few days before I can get in and see what's up.

Take care and have a great weekend!
Old 01-07-2006, 04:00 PM   #47  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Almost forgot, have a question for Susan and anyone else who may know:

My friend is just getting back to dating and tried an online dating service but hasn't had much luck, does anyone know of an online dating service? She's with E-harmony and a catholic one. I know you met Rocky online Susan and was just wondering where. If anyone has any ideas or knows of someone who has had luck with any let me know please, and thank you in advance.
Old 01-07-2006, 05:40 PM   #48  
kitty Momo

Thanks Cristi. I think Starbucks on the weekends is a nice thought. I don't really have time to stop by one Mon/Fri.

I had a bacon cheeseburger and feel extreme pleas,,,,,,,I mean guilt!!! What was I thinking?? lol dang -

Going to watch 40 year virgin....movie.

Hi Connie

I met Rocky 5 years ago on a Yahoo parent group and we started talking on the phone Fall of 2004 - course we met in Nov 2004 and he was in Oregon July 2005......and I go back in April.
I met men from the Yahoo personals. I like the EHarmony idea. I met mostly wackos on the free ads -lol
I don't like the personals overall. Just never worked and I think emotionally I didn't do myself any good. I think meeting people in person while doing things you already enjoy is my best advice. Unless they just want to get out and have fun and don't take it too seriously.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:18 PM   #49  
I'll call him Con Queso!!

My sister met her ex online. They dated for 3 years and broke up b/c he was previously married and didn't want to mary again. She went through the same site and met her husband! You never know!
I was SO furiated last night after reading an article in a magazine. It was called "How Celebs Just Start Their Bikini Body". They showed super people and then told how to get their "figure." One of the pics was of Jessica Alba in a bikini and every bone in her body was showing! Why are they promoting that?
Another article I read was about how Jennifer Garner is depressed about her post baby body. who isn't? Her trainer says that she needs to be bikini-ready in 4 months! Hello!!!!! I'm still woking off that baby weight 6 mos later! Hollywood disgusts me!!
Aside from that, we're running on no sleep due to the fact that Allen is sick. He's feeling better today, so I'm hoping he goes down good tonight!
Old 01-07-2006, 08:35 PM   #50  
kitty Momo

I am going to get Gaby to bed. I just wanted to add that I didn't get 5 minutes into 40 Virgin before I turned it off. I don't like that kind of humor. I did watch Grizzly Man a documentary- excellent, remarkable must see! I really enjoyed watching it.

k- that is my review - lol

Night All.....
Old 01-07-2006, 09:20 PM   #51  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Mel,,,Im still working on my post baby fat too...of course hes 18 yrs 3.5 months old. Whos counting...lol I personally find the ladies that have curves more appealing to look at and don't find bones proturding all that great. And really,,,if there was a poll done I bet anything people(men) would raither see curves then sticks.
Katy,,,went and bought more yarn,,,*sigh I feel like an addiction coming on. Funny you should meet up with your prom date,,,Id started nasty rumor...like you and the maintenance guy go way back....

Cristi,,,I do the same thing! I take all my old candles and stick them in a baggie with lil holes punched in it and place it in my walk in closet. What I should do is buy some wicks and try to make a new candle with the left overs.
Marti,,,poor you,,,I hate night shifts and feel it is so unhealthy for a person to be up like that. Get some sleep/rest
Anyways I should finish dinner...Ill be back later...no thats not a threat...its a promise...lol
Old 01-07-2006, 09:48 PM   #52  

Height: 5'1"

Hello! I"m back and I even took a 2hr nap! SO needed one.

Tour was good, I enjoyed it, Jhanai on the other hand....was bored out of her mind like all the other poor children that we all dragged to this! I'm so looking forward to the move now. I've been on a tour before, but it was before they had things put in such as our stations. Now I know what my workspace looks like and all that. And boy, talk about the lighting! I think I'm going to have to really pay attention to the makeup! They might see all my flaws!

Lets see if I can finally catch up!

Cristi--My thoughts are w/you that the results you got back are all normal and nothing to worry about!! Wish I could be w/you in person to give you a hug and to hold your hand. So...since I'm not, I'm sending all positive thoughts! Your idea for the candle wick.....I never thought of doing that! What a great idea! I should store some in my boots over night...make sure I'm not hurting anyone when I take them off........

Susan--You're a funny gal. Not feeling guilty about the bacon cheeseburger?? Why should you? That's one thing that I"m trying SO hard to change about me, feeling guilty over little things that I have no reason to be. Hmmmm....maybe that should be my New Year Resolution?? Anyway, glad you enjoyed that burger!

Mel--Sounds to me that you need to toss those magazines!! Of coarse hollywood is going to print all about the celebs "weighty issues".....if there are any. And then we read about it and start feeling like crap about ourselves and how we should be working harder at it. So to solve the problem of feeling like crap.....we should all stop buying the magazines. I had a courier from one of our clients give me a handfull of gossip magazines (as he put it) and told me to take them, he delivers them and they were left over. So I took them home, and felt the same way you did! How dare the skinnies make us so upset??? needless to say, I brought all those magazines back to work and got rid of them.

Angie--Did you buy some yarn to make me a sweater?? I've been trying to talk Katy in making me a shawl! Jhanai and I went to Michaels today to price some of the really pretty yarns. Time to save her allowance! She's got a list of family she wants to make scarves for and she told me to find out what their favorite colors are. She's thinking ahead! She's got almost two made so far. I should learn from her, start Christmas gift idea's early! We did get some clear ornaments, we have a project for those, called "Angel Wings" she's got the instuctions, and apparently I'm in charge of supplies.

Katy--I've seen Laptops on sale many times and have mentioned to James that he should really get one for himself. He's always on the road and it would be great for him to have one. He could check online to see his spot on the board and all kinds of things plus......leave me w/the other computer! He says "Someday maybe, we have other things to think about such as put in saving for a house and vacation." Hmmmm.....we should really forget a vacation and just save for the house, but I'm not going to argue.

Jules--I've been wanting an eliptical, and James is wanting a treadmill. Since we can't afford either, we're sticking w/the gazelle. James wants to run so and elliptical doesn't work for him. May still try to talk him into someday.....but for now, gazelle is my friend.

Connie--Glad to hear your mother is feeling better. You say you're weather is gloomy & rainy...where are you now? I thought you were in the Sunshine state or very close to it. I don't think I can keep up w/ya!

Christine--What a project. But you're right, the results are always worth it! I love to have a glass of wine when I'm busy. Sounds bizarre doesn't it. In my little mind, I must think it makes me go faster, which it probably does the exact opposite!

Kathy--Our anniversary IS coming up in a couple months.....and our plans are to go to San Fran....in July. He says he has some fun things planned.....and isn't going to share. So I'm really looking forward to that.

Jane--I know you're in Wally Land, so it'll be awhile before you see this, but do have fun and bring me back some Mickey ears!

Hello to anyone I have missed.

Well I'm going to go tackle my hair, I bought some magical color in a box . Tired of seeing the sparkling grey on top.

Talk to gals later.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:49 PM   #53  

Height: 5'1"

Stop! We need to head on over to #160....getting pretty full.

see ya there.
Closed Thread