Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 07:28 PM   #16  
Carol

This sounds like a great group of people. I hope you have room for one more. I already know Debbie & Sherry and can't wait to get to know the rest of you. I started back OP yesterday. I am just starting out watching portion control. The last time I had a substantial weight loss, I did it just counting calories. I think I will stick with that for the time being. I am looking for a group with lots of support to give and am willing to give that support back.

Carol
Old 01-02-2006, 09:31 PM   #17  

Carol!!!! So glad you posted here!! I wondered what happened to you! I've missed you girl!!! Yep....we're going to get support here & lose this weight!!! Love ya!!
Old 01-02-2006, 10:17 PM   #18  
I'll call him Con Queso!!

Just popping in quick here. I just had a great workout in my own living room. It feels good to be doing this again!
Old 01-02-2006, 10:30 PM   #19  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Oh wow! This group is getting hot hot hot!!!

Welcome Carol to our group! Like I told Debbie - any friend of Sherry's is a friend of mine! My name is Carol also .. but everyone knows me as CJ ... so we won't be getting our names mixed up - lol. Can't wait to get to know you better ... Once again - WELCOME!

Nightingal: Wow! Is that 645 lbs? or 64.5 lb? ... either way, great loss! Sounds like you should be giving us advice. Welcome to the group. Hope to get to know you better.

Sherry!!!
I love love love your new picture! So glad to see you posting in here .. I have missed you also! Glad to see a few more low-carbers too ... that's what I am doing and it sure will help. I was doing low carb last year (oosp, I mean in 2004) and was really doing well - lost 14 lbs on it ... then for some reason got a bit careless, and put back 8 of those 14 and have maintained that weight since. Once you go off low-carb is is soooooo hard to get back on it. I have done pretty well the last couple days but know I can do better!
Good luck on your test in the morning .. will be thinking of you!

Well ... had a very frustrating day today. Trying to set up my new desktop computer. I have always used AVG free anti-virus program but for some reason with my new computer my firewall will not let my Outlook Express or Incredimail (which I prefer) mail come thru the AVG mail scanner! So, after many hours of trying this and that - I activated my Norton program (which I hate but did not want to be unprotected) and removed my AVG program and my mail works great! But I need to somehow find a way to use AVG cuz I just plain do not like the Norton Virus Program! So that is what I did most of the day!

Talk to ya all tomorrow - going to bed now! Have a "computer headache" ... it's so frustrating sometimes!

Have a great night everyone - and once again WELCOME all the newbies!

Love, CJ
Old 01-03-2006, 11:49 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 196/150/150

Holy Cow - I'm such a dork . I didn't realize I had subscribed to the thread & not the forum. I was a little surprised when noone posted for such a long time and thought you had all disappeared .

Did everyone make their holiday challenge goals? I'm happy to say I made all my goals. My original goals were -

"Would love to be 180 by Dec. 31. Would be happy with 185, but happier with 180". I got to 177, so 3 lbs more than my goal

"Need to get my water back up again too - hard to do tho with winter knockin' at the door. Last thing I want to drink on a cold day is a cold glass of water - ugh! Going to try for a min. of 64ozs/day." Am drinking between 100-140 ozs/day.

"And the dreaded E word. Need to exercise at LEAST 3x/week." Am exercising 5x/week for about 1 1/2 hours each time.

My measurements are considerably different too (smaller that is ). Welcome to all the new Wannabees. My kids are demanding my attention so I'll have to try & catch up with you all later!!!!
Old 01-03-2006, 12:12 PM   #21  

After taking Fleets & Dulcolax all day yesterday, I feel like I lost those 50 lbs. I need to lose!!!!

I got my results from the upper scope today. The biopsy was good. No cancer. She has put me on another medication because my esophagus has so many lasions & abrasions from taking asprin products over the years, having previous surgery & Barrette's! I have a LONG list of medications I can no longer take.

My colonscopy today: And I have a 6 mm polyp in my colon. A biopsy was taken. She said she ususally doesn't worrry unless they are over 2 mm. Please say a prayer for me. I also found out I do have IBS too. She has me on Symax DuoTab for this.

I'm so droggy, I must lay down.Just wanted to pop-in and let you know.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:04 PM   #22  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Sherry - thanks hon for the update ... I'll be keeping you in my prayers about the polyp ... get plenty of rest and think good thoughts.

Love, CJ
Old 01-03-2006, 05:42 PM   #23  

Default I wanna be part of this group

I'm a newbie to this site but not to dieting. I follow WW, either the points plan or core,depending on my mood. I've lost 28lbs in 3 yrs and the last 8 I've gained and lost about 4 times. Its time for be to get consistant and drop some additional weight. My highest weight was 278. I now weigh 250.2. I would love to lose 21 lbs by the 1st of spring and that is my goal. I will do some form of aerobic activity 4 times a week for at least 30 minutes a day. I'm going to do my best to eat healthy, be kind to myself and not to eat in the middle of the night.
Tomorrow is my weigh-in day and I plan on figuring out how to put that weight loss chart up on my posts.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:30 PM   #24  

Hi all! Sherry, glad to hear it wasn't cancer! Praying that all else is well for you.
I've been having a cranky day today. I went to the gym and blew off steam for almost 2 hours! Felt good.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:11 AM   #25  
Carol

Good morning everyone.

Sherry I am so glad your biopsy was good!!! I am praying for a good report on your polyp also. I had a colonoscopy a couple of years ago. The night before of taking all those laxatives is the worst.

So far so good at staying OP. I have been watching what I eat very closely and feeling really good about it. I need to drink more water so my next goal is to work on that.

Lets go ladies... it looks like we are all on the right track. Lets make 2006 our year!!!!

Carol
Old 01-04-2006, 11:45 AM   #26  

Sherry, am also glad to hear the biopsy was good. I too had a colonoscopy...oh about 10 years ago or so. Nasty bloody things they are! My thoughts & prayers are with you!

Welcome KMG!

Have a great day all!
Old 01-04-2006, 01:46 PM   #27  

ARRG! I'm SO frustrated with my body right now! I've been eating realy good, and only when I'm hungry, drinking 2 liters of water a day, and working out everyday for an hour or more. I weighed myself today and I'm up 2.5 lbs!!!!!!!!!!! Hoping it's just b/c I have my period, but I'm nearing the end of that so I'm not sure if that could be it or not. I just feel like I've been working so hard for nothing!
Old 01-05-2006, 07:30 AM   #28  
Carol

Hang in there Mel. I am sure you are just going through a plateau. It will pass and then you will drop several pounds at once. You can do this.... !!!
Old 01-05-2006, 07:34 AM   #29  

Ok Guys I Need A Brow Beating I Have No Time No Energy I Am Not Drinking Water Like I Should Have Been On Here Lately And Have Not Been To The Gym Ever Since I Was Sick.... Help I Feel Like I Have Lots My Enthusiasim And My Mind. Work Is Crazy Home Is Crazy And Were Moving So Ive Been Working 50 Hours A Week And Painting And Stuff The Other Hours With Lack Of Sleep Tell Me The Insanity Will End Or At Least My Life Will Be Back On Track So..... Help
Old 01-05-2006, 10:15 AM   #30  

Hey Mel, it could be any number of things. You're working out a lot thereby gaining muscle which we all know weighs more than fat. Ate something salty causing you to retain water. TOM...could be it too even tho you're close to the end. I noticed last month & the month before that my weight went up at the end instead of the beginning of it? Makes no sense to me at all LOL. I'm really guessing water weight tho, because you would have to have eaten at least 10,000 calories yesterday to go up 2.5 lbs of fat so quickly. Don't give up - you're doing great!!

Brandy - it sounds like you have a lot going on in your life right now. Plus, being sick...I find after I've been sick, it seems really difficult to get that motivation to exercise back again. All I can say is just do it. On days I don't want to exericise, I force myself to do it anyway and about 10 mins. into my workout, I'm enjoying it. It's like my battery needs a boost LOL.

Have a great day everyone!!!!!!
Closed Thread