Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 09:58 PM   #16  
I'll call him Con Queso!!

Hi! I'm new to the jaded ladies! I frequent the 20 somethings and thin wannabees. I'm Mel!
Christmas? Wow that's over in my house! I took down all the decorations already today to make room for all my son's new toys!
He's only 6 mos, but he needs to open his own toy store! We were joking yesterday that we should rent the vacant house across the road to use as a play house! Ha ha . . .
Look forward to getting to know everyone here!
Old 12-27-2005, 10:42 PM   #17  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good Evening Ladies,
Hey Welcome Mel! We were just joking about something similar and a soon to be vacant home next door. We have some fabulous neighbours and *sniff they are putting their home up in the next couple of weeks so they can move to BC to semi retire. Brandon our oldest said lets buy their place and add a walkway between. Good idea!

Katy I love that cap...if I could knit like that Id be all over that. But I can just barely knit,,,and for whatever reason I seem to forget how to count...start off with 15 and end up down to 10 then back up to 17...and then all over the place. Not exactly the look it shows in the picture. So I do my granny squares and single/double stitch and need be round off with a ribbon effect.

Jules...exactly..nuff said about that ring of fire. And Katy...the sound track is pretty good. He isn't as strong in tone as Johnny,,,but he does well. She is fantastic,,,
I love them up all night talks...your DD probably needed that bounding again eh? Funny about not being able to cast off,,,I remember my mom learned how to knit but didn't know how to cast off either,,,it was like 7-8 huge balls of wool. Longest scarf I ever saw...hilarous. Last time she ever knitted.

Well it was Monte's 40th today,,,we went shopping and picked up a few things,,we returned one gift (my mother went nuts this year for gift buying) and so she bought long johns for him,,,we returned them. With that money he bought,,,a jacket(looks like a racing jacket) pair of jeans,,,work pants, thick leather work gloves and long johns. She gave him fire ******ent kind which is triple the cost of normal underwear. There was a bread truck that caught fire couple weeks ago...she figured that all bread trucks are a fire hazard now. Hence the fire ******ent long johns....lol
Already got problems with my bike...the seat is missing,,,and I am not getting on that thing till there is a seat! Could be a very painful experience...or the best workout ever since I don't want it to be the most painful experience. (getting a visual ladies?)..lol
anywho I should get back to my book
Old 12-28-2005, 12:34 AM   #18  

Angie- you knit like I do! I tried to make scarves last winter and they were rediculous! Like waves! And yet, my aunt knit my son a monket holding a banana! It's actually bigger than Allen, my baby! It's so cute! I'm nt sure how she does it! She made him a teddy bear too, but the monkey is so cool!
Old 12-28-2005, 08:31 AM   #19  
RosieKate

Welcome Mel!

Just dropping in to say Good Morning! I'm off to the gym, then on to a pretty similar day to yesterday. Guys are working on the house. I'll figure out something to do with the kids to keep them busy. I do need to work on some basic housekeeping...la di da....
Have a good one

Old 12-28-2005, 11:28 AM   #20  
kitty Momo

Welcome Mel I like your cheerleaders for the weight loss, that is creative of you and congrats on having 2

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Monte

I need to get busy! I walked 1.5 miles this morning. I was trying for 2 miles but I bailed. I was sweating and so friggin out of shape! I will just add .5 a mile per day til I get up to 3 miles.
I was going to walk last night but Gaby and I went to bed at 6:30pm - I was sooooo tired.

Gaby cried and cried - she wanted to stay up but she was exhausted too - she just wanted to watch her video and kept saying "I love daddy, I want daddy,daddys house,I want daddy, I love daddy.........." blah - blah. On and on for 30 minutes. She didn't mean Mike she meant Doug.....and she only wanted to go back to his house has the DVD and she had gotten Bob the Builder to watch.
She was horrid at Lambs all she wanted to do was go to the video store after Rebecca & her friend (store) and the deli lady said "my she is determined"......

I just wanted to scream "Dang you Doug give her a nap!!!!!" lol

anyway- I am starving!! better get busy.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:35 PM   #21  

Height: 5'1"

Hello Ladies!!!

I spent all day (before I went to work) cleaning my house. It took me longer to put all my decorations away then it did putting them up!! We took our tree down on Monday......poor thing was so dry!! We didn't even turn the lights on Christmas day because I was paranoid!

I WI the other day and I'm up 5lbs. Not happy but at least it isn't more! So I'm needing to get myself moving more. I plan on starting a routine again after the New Year.

I will start a thread for the challenge soon. Or....if anyone is wanting to get started now, feel free to start a thread.

Sorry to make this short and no individuals, but I need to take my decorations to the storage and then mop my floors!!

Chat w/you all soon!!

PS. Hi and Welcome Mel!! Glad to have you here!!
Old 12-28-2005, 04:13 PM   #22  
kitty Momo

5 pounds is nothing Marti, look at me - lol

I had some wonderful Wendy's chili and a side salad for lunch - working on the water now.

If you happen to be gaining can you reflect that on the tickers??? I feel like a total blimp having mine go up all the time!! Thank you!!

ok, I better get back to work. Some other news is Mike is going to have to pay for Gaby's medical coverage.It is BC/BS but I probably will keep the Kaiser that I have. Who knows how long he will hold his job - ???
Old 12-28-2005, 06:25 PM   #23  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello chickies

Sorry, but just another quickie from me. Had a very busy day today and another busy one tomorrow. But...will definitely be back Friday morning to do individuals and catch up.

Mel! Glad to have ya aboard and looking forward to gettin gto know you.

See ya later ladies!
Old 12-28-2005, 10:16 PM   #24  

Hi everyone!

Welcome Mel!

Not too much going on right now. Thanks to everyone for the well wishes for my Mom. I took her to the doctor again & this time they gave her a prednizone shot & pills. She is doing much better. Also took DH to the E.R. for stitches on his finger - playing with sharp objects again! I think I'm going to get an ambulance sticker for my car, what do you think?!

I'm working a few extra hours tomorrow so I better get to bed.

Talk to you later!

Connie
Old 12-28-2005, 10:35 PM   #25  
GmaTo8

Smile

Hiya ladies,

Jules - I guess you saw where Marti says she'll start a challenge soon, or that anyone can, if they don't want to wait. I don't do challenges, so that's why I don't start one.

Cristi - how'd the portrait sitting go?

Angie - chocolate brown is everywhere this season. I've got some pants and a blouse that color, and I accent it with coral accessories. Can't believe all the brown stuff - a couple a years ago there was none to be had. A very happy belated birthday to Monte.

Mel - Welcome to the Jaded Ladies!! I saw where you posted a bio but I haven't read it yet.

Katy - I think it will be easier to get serious once the new year has come and gone, and then bet your plateau will be just a memory. Are you still counting calories as your plan?

Marti - we've got all of our Christmas decorations down, too. I just couldn't take them any longer, lol.

Connie - just print up a sticker and go for it, lol.

Neal and I had fun today. I lost only $20 on the boat, and since I don't know how to play most of the games, that was pretty good, lol.

Have any of you read the Sonoma Diet book? Some of the 3fc people are planning to follow it, and so I bought the book today. Seems like a healthy way of eating, but I'm not sure it's something I could do long-term. May be good as a jump-start, though. Every year it's something new, but I guess that keeps us from getting too bored, lol.

Gotta run - have a good one!!
Old 12-29-2005, 05:28 AM   #26  
I wanna be a page 5 girl

Just a quick reply. Still off of my diet but dont want to stay away and get unmotivated. Planning to restart Jan 2nd!

Happy New Years!
Old 12-29-2005, 11:50 AM   #27  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

Gabrielle and I went home last night and were in bed by 7:30. Slept all night - which was a change from all the tossing and turning I have done lately.

I woke up at 4:15 and walked 2 miles on the treadmill. I actually looked forward to it - even though it was hard - I guess that is why they call it a "workout"? haha - hope to be at 3 miles this weekend.

I went to the store before work and bought some things for salad and some fruit. I will weigh on Saturday but I think I have lost some. My skirt was looser this morning. I was able to put my whole thumb in while adjusting it - and I can actually breathe - which is a good thing!

Never heard of Sonoma diet Jane - different how from Weight Watchers?? My co worker lost 600 over the holiday weekend- so you did good Can't wait for Vegas- play that slot machine. I did that in Hawaii and won tons - Rocky called me his lucky charm - awwww I miss him.

I am not real sure what a challenge is.... I get a lot of motivation from reading others success and what they are doing to lose weight. I also get motivation from seeing tickers go down and reading how much others have lost.

How is your mother today Connie???

better get.......miss you Cristi!!
Old 12-29-2005, 01:43 PM   #28  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good morning ladies,
Im at work right now and on a break. I went to WI last night up .8 lbs so thats a total of 3.4 lbs. Not happy about that but my own doing. Looking forward to the challenge. Becky will eventually join and already knows about the challenge.
Jane, /Marti you have your decorations down already? arghhh I feel so lazy...
$20. down isn't too bad,,,,
So what are your plans for NYE?
Old 12-29-2005, 01:53 PM   #29  

Last night I was getting the period munchies, I made some salsa con queso (which wasn't good!) and then DH brought home a bag of m&m's for me. Oh well. What's a few candies gonna do?
Today is super lazy day. My son had his 6 month shots yesterday and is running a fever, I had the worst migraine ever last night and couldn't sleep.
It's still lingering today, but not too bad.
I can think of lots of stuff I should be doing . . . but it's almost 1 and I'm still in my pjs! We're all entitled to a lazy day once in a while! Today will be mine! Too bad DH is working, I could go curl up with a book and hot coco.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:25 PM   #30  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi ladies~

Boy, I am feeling a little pooped so stayed home today. We had a couple of things planned but nothing that can't be done tomorrow. Did someone say they took all their Christmas decorations down? We took the ouside ones down Monday...with me, V and Josh doing it it didn't take too long. I was wanting to leave the inside stuff up until Josh leaves, and I have but I am a little tired of them also. Guess I am getting back in that thinking mode where it done and over with so get the stuff down and put away! V and I went and did a little bit of after Christmas shopping, but just for lights, figured why not get them for half price since we have kind of decided what we will do next year. We try to change it up just a little, on the outside that is. We bought a bunch of the icicle lights for $1.49, can't beat that. Didn't really need many since we will only do the front of the house (the eaves) but we thought we would do a lot of clear and red/ Before putting the big wreath away I went ahead and added two 100 strings of red lights to it, I like it! Anyway, we just went to Target and Wal-Mart and the crowds weren't bad but they must have been waiting when the doors opened because Wal-Mart had hardly any lights left and you would not believe the carts the people had-they were overflowing, some people had two carts. The last time I went shopping after Christmas was in 1979! Anyway...

The pictures turned out GREAT! And..we had a really nice day yesterday. I didn't really want to do a portrait after all so we just had Josh. But the girl asked if I wanted one with him and I told her I wasn't dressed for a picture. She talked me into it and I am glad she did, even though I don't care for the way I look in it. I had on a sweatshirt and jeans and hardly any make-up! I went ahead and did it though because the opportunity to have a picture with Josh is very slim-he doesn't like it and especially with his mommy. Went to the mall after that and then to Red Lobster for lunch, man was it good.

SUSAN~WTG on getting a treadmill! You'll be back in shape and up to 3 miles before you know it!

JANE~I was at the mall yesterday looking around and I noticed a lot of browns also. Which is a good thing, I love the color! Glad you and Neal had a nice time on the boat. I've never heard of the Sonoma diet book. I quit buying diet books. Still going to do my own thing since it was working, just gotta get back on track, lol.

MEL~today has turned into a lazy day for me to! I haven't done anything, haven't even had a meal yet either! Did have some crackers, water and a banana, guess that counts. Once I get off this thing I have a book I would like to finish.

Hi Connie, Marti, Angie, Katy, Katiecat, Jules, and everyone else.

Guess I should get going ladies...want to read the newspaper and get some read on my book I started a few days ago. Haven't gotten much done with V being home except laundry. Take care ladies and have a good day!
Closed Thread