Old 10-26-2005, 09:53 AM   #16  
Cynical RedHead

Good morning! Yesterday was day 2. I got my 30 minutes of exercise, plus I did 12 pushups.

I hope everyone has a lovely day.
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 04:49 PM   #17  
Cynical RedHead

Hello? Everyone must be busy today!

I did my pushups (8) and exercise two 20-minute walks) for today. I am still going to try to get to the gym and do either the treadmill or the elliptical, but am not sure what time i will get out of work today.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:44 PM   #18  

Ouch! Fish, I don't know how you do those pushups. Years ago I could do 15 wussie pushups in a row, but now not even one. Maybe Mscat is absent because she did all 30 pushups in her goal and she's in hospital now?

Just over 5000 steps today, the total will probably be around 7000. No wine, and still have to do the gazelle, but I'm a little stiff (amazing understatement) - who knew I'd get sore from so little activity? I am SO out of shape, but up to the challenge.

I don't have time to post in the morn if I'm working, and don't have access to a computer at work. Now if I had been energetic, I could have come home at lunch, done my gazelle, added lots of steps, and posted then. Instead I found a corner and actually napped on the floor.

Mscat, you're very generous about my out-of-shape blues, but you mustn't let me take advantage of your good nature... I work better with a stick than a .
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 08:18 PM   #19  

Hi FishWoman, Carla, and Bonnie!

I'm on OP! I walked DD to school this morning - remembered my pedometer! Did 10 pushups and 15 situps. Have walked 3399 steps or more.

Hope everyone has a lovely evening.

Casper
Casper5AXTSU76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 09:00 AM   #20  

Hi! Everybody you all are inspiring me so much with your hard work and here I am stuck with unhealthy snacking. My exercise is going on uninterrupted but what will billy blanks do when i'll have a bag full of tortilla chips with dip watching superman.........I have not been in the mood of writing either but I was there reading you all........posts.
Pushups r soooooo hard I do around 20 evey second day......but on my knees.
have a good day all..
sandybhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 09:17 AM   #21  

Hi sandybhat!

And now for yesterday's results!

I stayed OP ALL DAY and turned out with 1020 calories! That's way under 1300! My weight is 171.5, and that's with a head full of rollers! I walked ~3546 steps!

You have a good day too, sandybhat!
Old 10-27-2005, 01:06 PM   #22  

Default Thursday Check-in

Hi Ladies - Been MIA again - so busy and distracted but I am trying to keep up with all your posts. Will write more later when I have more time. Just a quick FYI - I am ashamed to say I didn't do any pushups so rest assured carla and bonnie I have not pushed myself into bed

Thanks for all your prayers - they worked! I am on a flight to Houston Friday a.m.

My other share of good news is I am down a pound and I won the Division F Humorous Speech Contest (Toastmasters) last night! Now on the the District contest in November!

Have a great day - will give kudos for all your accomplishments later!
mscat
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 07:08 PM   #23  
Cynical RedHead

Just popping in to say I did my pushups (10) and had two 20-minute walks.

Work is insane. Maybe tomorrow will be slower. Have a great night everyone!
Old 10-27-2005, 08:47 PM   #24  

Glad to hear you've managed to arrange a flight to see your Gran, Mscat. I'm sure the visit will be bittersweet, but... and you can get back to pushups when you're home again. And congrats on the pound you lost!

Fish, you put us all to shame, just churning out those pushups and those walks. I just have to be back to work for a few days and I fall apart completely, naps on the couch after work and all.

Sandy, if I could at least do wussie pushups I would be so pleased. But my arms are like wet noodles, and will probably stay that way until I've got some weights and a lot more gazelling under my belt (not that an apple like me would be caught dead wearing a belt at this weight...) Now I understand the chips and dip, but Superman?

Today I did more or less 10,000 steps (assuming my counter is working right). And I drank no wine. Apart from that it's been bad girl time. It's not as if I don't know better than to go out food shopping on an empty stomach, but that won't make up for today's silliness.

Casper, don't eat too little now! You don't want to spark the legendary starvation mode! (Not something I need to worry about. Ever.)

Bonnie, no wine, long walk, no whine... you're doing a-okay. 1500 calories is a pretty low target anyway. Keep smiling!

TTFN
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 10:45 PM   #25  

Default Night Ladies

I am off to Texas in the a.m. so I may not be posting regularly for the next few days but I know all of you will keep each other going.

carla :cheer for 3 days of teps and no wine

Fishwoman you are a lean, mean, exercising machine

Bonnie and a for your bonus goals

Casper for 3 days of op

Have a great weekend.
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 10:02 AM   #26  

Hi! everybody, I am back to senses didn't do any snacking or just a little few potato chips, the reason was I was not at home so I am now thinking of going off walking as soon as DH comes home from work.........might work.
wow! casper you really dazzle with all the weight loss going on I have a question how do you count the calories I mean I can put calories of bread or chips that I am eating but what about some mix vege with 1 tab spoon of canola oil and some spices and what about the portions!! and rice!! I am so confused.......... But you r doing great..... keep going........
Yes, carla I am stuck with superman he airs on abc family at 6pm in smallville.......... I usually eat all nonsense watching him..... he!he!.....but as our favourite Cat and Bonnie says yesterday is gone so will superman I have to just rush outside when the snacking attack comes........
congrats!! mascat fr winning your trophy at speech contest.......and also loosing a pound........hope you will have a good family reunion although the loss is huge......
for all of us putting fresh attempts everyday to looseand for the encouragemt
good day all.....
off to TAEBO and abs workout...
sandybhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 02:49 PM   #27  
Cynical RedHead

Just returned from the gym - 30 minutes on the elliptical and 12 pushups.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 10-28-2005, 09:47 PM   #28  

Hi sandybhat, Bonnie, and FishWoman!

Bonnie, I'm sorry. Please forgive me. I totally forgot!

We have a Halloween party to go to on Monday too! Wow, a seven day roadtrip to New England! May I jump into one of your suitcases?! Definitely think positive and don't let the parties and travel undo you.

Congrats on your FOUR days of success! Glad to hear that you were able to do an hour of biking and weights at the YMCA, and NO WINE! Hope that you got your walk in this morning.

Congrats on being back at 197!

I am pleased to report that yesterday was another OP day for me! 1190 calories, 10 pushups and 15 situps. Both yesterday and today I walked ~ 7340 steps.

I'll try to be good this weekend. I want to have a good one! Hope that you get the tickets for the Old Miss/N.C. State football game tomorrow!

Casper
Old 10-29-2005, 08:42 AM   #29  

Well, I'm dressed and ready to go to the church for day 2 of our annual fall church bazaar! Just thought I'd check in, while waiting on DD to finish getting dressed. No dance classes today.

Will check back later!

Casper
Old 10-29-2005, 10:52 PM   #30  

Well, it's been a long day. The second day of the church bazaar didn't go as well as the first, but I made enough money to enable me to become active again with Mary Kay. Tried to eat healthy again, while I was gone. A bannana for breakfast along with a Slimfast breakfast shake; roasted chicken again with coleslaw and collard greens; 2 bannanas when I got home and then straight back to being OP. Too tired to do situps or pushups, but we'll see.....

Casper