Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 04:11 PM   #31  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Jane~ Are you guys going to be moving into that house when it is all done? That really is a nice house.

Karla~ I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Mindee, and I am married to Tommy. I will be 23 on Wednesday, and Tommy is 28. We have one son, Brandon, who will be 16 months on the 23rd and another son on the way. I was on here right after I had Brandon to figure out ways to get rid of the baby weight. I was doing great, hit a plateau and then got pregnant again. LOL But I ended up weighing less after then when I was pregnant with Brandon. As of right now, I weigh as much as I did when I found out I was pregnant with Brandon, which is an awesome feeling!

Sorry to type and run, but we have to run and get some more milk.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:10 PM   #32  
RosieKate

Hi gals!

Long time no post from this chickie - so sorry...we have been sooo busy with the house

I do try to read what everyone is doing..like seeing alll the new folks here...such a great group. I have new photos up at my yahoo photo page, so y'all can see what I was going on and on about with regards to the house
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rosiekate37/my_photos

we are leaving town this weekend for some camping...before then the trusses come and the guys are going to put them up...more busy-ness

Scales said 172 this a.m. yippee! I am going to change that darn ticker

Cristi - good luck on the job - you sure have great attitude about it. Your DS is in my prayers as I always include those who are serving in the military...such a tough job..really takes a special kind of person

Jane - now we know how you are going to spend Neal's retirement,lol! That house will be fun to work on - you can see how beautiful it could be again by the picture

Susan - Sorry the visit with Rocky wasn't that great - but your new home does sound great...things are looking up ( well, maybe not in Kris' point of view )

Marti -I know you will succeed at giving up cigs...if you need patches, get the patches...it's ok to seek out help if you need it.

Hi to everyone else, especially the new gals...can't remember all your names yet...
ciao

Old 08-15-2005, 09:12 PM   #33  
GmaTo8

Good evening, ladies,

Karla - any word about Rachel??? Hope you can announce a new grandbaby when you pop in next.

Cristi - you're welcome for the card. I hoped it would brighten your day. Like we always say, if you're meant to get the job, you will. And if not, you won't. Not too sure I'd like to work for a cocky boss anyway.

Anita - you're gonna be in that leather coat before you know it! Maybe even before it's cold enough to wear it.

Judy - you don't have any trouble with your knees at Curves? Seems like several women I know have mentioned it recently. So glad you like it there. It's the kind of place I would really like, I know, since I'm a talker and will talk to people I don't know without any hesitation. I enjoy the company of others, but like solitude, too. At the Y, nobody really cares about the others' size, etc. I was surprised to find that out, since years ago, it was mainly the buff who went there.

Mindee - we'll be living there WHILE the renovation is being done. That's because Mary and Dale are going to buy our present home, and so we're exchanging houses Labor Day weekend. The good part is, since the place is so big, we can close off each part as it's being fixed.

Katy - you're one busy lady! I'll have to check out your site. Have fun camping this weekend.

I started packing today. Got the playroom pretty much done. Also got my ironing done. No, I didn't pack it, I ironed it, lol.

We have so many tomatoes that I've been eating them like crazy. 0 points! Need to make some more 0 point soup, too.

Buh-bye, chickies
Old 08-15-2005, 10:48 PM   #34  

Hi girls---just wanted to pop in right quick and say hey!

Jane--I've always loved 2 story houses---I know your house will be great!! I'm anxious to see more pictures.

Katy ---I looked at your pictures and enjoyed them so much...what all are ya'll doing to the house? Looks like they're really coming along.

Cristi--Wow--Ya'll really got after redoing the room!! All that would have taken me forever. I'm great at starting a project. I just have a lot of trouble ever getting it completely finished--

School went great today. I didn't have any criers this morning. (moms or kiddos) That always makes it pretty stressful for everyone when someone doesn't want their mommy to leave. And it's really stressful when mommy doesn't want to leave. I've been so busy with school this last week I haven't paid much attention to what I'm eating and when I'm really tired I'm bad to just grab anything that's fast. My goal tomorrow is too stay on plan and stop and drink water throughout the day. I've been walking a couple of miles a day at school so I'm trying to keep that up. If we walk 50 miles a semester at school, the school gives us a free personal day off. Since it's just a small elementary school with only 7 teachers, we all try to get our walking in at school.....so I'm on my way with that!

I am reading everyone's posts even though I haven't really had time to respond to everyone. I hope all are doing well....

Love to all~~~
Old 08-15-2005, 11:13 PM   #35  

Hello everyone!! No new baby yet...but I'm hoping it will be soon!! Rachel has an appt tomorrow..so we will see what is happening then!
Meanwhile she is nesting and keeping me super duper busy!!
I had to stop and say "hi" and tell you that I will post soon!!!
(((((((hugs everyone)))))))))))
Old 08-15-2005, 11:24 PM   #36  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Karla, I can just imagine how busy Rachel has you! I had Monte on the table cleaning the light fixture to the point of obsession. Well keep us posted!

Katy have a great time camping....

Anita, just thinking about the huge salad with chicken makes me crave mexican,,,even though I had it last night.

Cristi,,,paint Joshes room fatigue style... kidding,,,so what color did you go with? Well you never know about the job,,,he may have acted rushed cause he already figured you had the job...never know.

Jane,,,personally I would raither move into a house and fix it up then into a new house,,,have done both and enjoyed the older homes more.

Beth,,,I was one of them mom's with Brandon,,,cried all the way home! With Tanner well his nickname was velcro baby...for good reason, Took 2 months of him crying and clinging to me before he would stay in the school and not try to sneak home...we lived across the street for the school.

Banff was wonderful! the springs were so nice and hot,,,my foot felt great. We shopped and bought a painted war horse at the christmas store. Monte loved it. I got my favorite soap,,,from Mountain Soap,,,it smells like licorise. Well need to get to bed...this working full time is killing me.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:54 PM   #37  

Height: 5'1"

Psst......Only have a minute, if that! Jhanai is hogging the computer!

But I will be back later to catch up. Promise!
Old 08-16-2005, 09:38 AM   #38  
a work in progress

Good morning, ladies *yawn*

Tim just headed off to work, and I am up way too early. I usually start work at 8:45 (next week I will change to 8:30), but today I have physical therapy for my knee at 8am. Then as soon as I get to work I have physical therapy for my arm, sheesh. Which means they use ultrasound on it for 10 minutes (never notice any difference), rub it really hard until it hurts worse, then try (again) to talk me into using cortisone, or some other steroid flavor of the day -- but I'm just not comfortable with that. I sense they are starting to get annoyed with me.

I talked to Tim, and I think he's taken as many community college classes as he can toward his degree -- he may have enough credits now for an AA. That means he needs to transfer to a university, and probably cut down to part time work *gulp* and start taking out student loans. Scary, but we'll just have to modify our budget a bit -- a lot. I wish there was more time stretched out in front of us -- I'm 41 and he's 36.

Katy, loved the progress pics of your remodel -- what will you be using the extra room for?

Angie, the only time I've ever heard of Banff before is in a car racing video game we had for the SuperNintendo Banff was one of the racetracks. Glad the hotsprings made your foot feel better. How much longer until your Disney trip? Your new hair color sounds wonderful, and like it suits your personality.

Karla, keep us posted on the baby! Bet you can hardly wait to meet him...

Anita, way to go resisting all that cheese! I miss cheese, but have learned to make do with much smaller servings and will often buy the lower fat varieties now -- but haven't been able to find a fat free kind I really like. Potlucks are tough, huh? My team at work has a potluck once a month to celebrate the birthdays for that month, and I've always made the cake. I wasn't going to do it anymore, but the birthday this month is for my good friend, so I'll make one last cake. In September, it's my birthday, so I wouldn't have to make one anyway! And at least this month it's a make-your-own sandwich theme, so as long as there is bread and turkey and lettuce, I should be able to stay OP. Just gotta resist that cheese!!!

Mindee, so Brandon has graduated from "rugbug" to "curtain jerker"...oh boy! Once their little eyes are higher off the ground they seem to find so many new things to explore -- it's a whole new world... The good side is, you don't have to carry them as often, which is nice when they start getting heavy and you have another baby in your arms, too

Beth, good luck with your new class. Sounds like the next few weeks will be very busy while everyone gets settled in.

Cristi, good luck to you too, on the job. Where did you interview? And I agree with Jane -- if this is the right one you'll get it; if not, then something better is in store for you Just reading about your home projects exhausts me -- you sound like one of those home makeover shows! Sounds like it will be beautiful when you get all of that done.

Judy, my biggest workout challenge has been time. Tim works 5:30-2:00, I work 8:45-6:45 (will be 8:30-6:30 starting next week). I have every other Friday off, but spend it running errands, grocery shopping, appointments, and trying to catch up. I get home at 7:15, make dinner, we eat, and by then Tim is exhausted and ready for bed. And my 14 year old son is here every weekend, so I didn't want to take away from my time with him. That's why we picked a family membership gym, so he can come along. I used to worry a lot about what I look like working out, too, but I've gotten to the point that I just don't really care anymore. I'm middle-aged, I'm overweight, and I'm trying to do something to improve my health. If other people feel the need to stare at me and make judgements, oh well, they can kiss my butt -- heaven knows, there's plenty of it, hard to miss!!!

Jhanai, we miss your mom...let her back on the computer for awhile, ok?

OK, gotta shower, finish my coffee, and head off to the salt mines. Hello to everyone else...have a great day, ladies!
Old 08-16-2005, 02:02 PM   #39  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Good afternoon ladies!

Katie~you made me laugh! I told V that I really need to quit watching HGTV! What is Tim going for in school? Took DS#1 almost 4 years to get his Associates and now is working on his Bachelors. So glad he decided to go full-time and get a part-time job to get it done. He did a semester last year and quit because he got tired of his job. It interferred with school. And then he turned around and did it again. So now he is going to focus on school. May be a pain in the beginning on your budget but in the long run it will be better. Tim will have the degree and better pay. I'm leary of the cortisone also. The first time I had it it worked and the second time a couple of years later it made my arm worse. New doc doesn't want to give it to me since it didn't work last time but wants me to experiment with different drugs 'til we find the right one. Ummm, no thank you. I tried something last month and it did nothing for me. Tried Vioxx a couple of years ago and did nothing for me so I am going to just stick with Ibuprofin for a 3 or 4 days a week. I only take it when it is really bad. I also tried physical therapy-didn't help. While that little electrical thingy was on it it was fine but once it was off it was hurting again. Just something I guess I will have to deal with.

Angie~I actually thought about the camoflauge/fatigue, for about two seconds! LOL Ended up going with a taupe and still not pleased with the color-still too light for my taste. But it is staying. I am going to do some touch up today and then V has another navy stripe to do and then we can get the room put back together. I think once everything is up it will look fine. Just couldn't really find the color I had in mind. Glad you guys had a nice time at Banff. So how many more days 'til Disneyland?

Jane~are you getting excited about moving? That's good that you guys can close off whatever room you will work on. How long do you think it will take you to do all the renovations? I just want to hurry up and finish with ours so we can sit back and enjoy the house. I thought V was kidding when he said it would take 10 years to finish everything! It's 1 1/2 years into it now. But we are almost done. I think the kitchen is the biggest thing, actually the yard was.

Katy~thank you for sharing the pics with us. They are moving right along with your renovations, looks like anyway. I think the last time you mentioned anything they were getting ready to pour the concrete. It's looking good. I was getting ready to post some of ours but I had a couple more to add and for some reason I am having problems uploading them to yahoo. Tried three times and nothing. I will figure it out soon or either start over and put them all on photo bucket. Loved the family pics also-the kids are getting big, especially little Leigh. Love the one of her in her red coat! So cute! WTG on getting down to 170! Hope you guys have a nice time camping.

Beth~I remember the kids first day of school. Jason, DS#1 thought he was so grown up. I was walking him up to the classroom and was going to walk him to the door and he stopped and looked at me. Gave ma a look like what are you doing lady, you can go now. LOL I laugh about it now but I almost cried back then. The second one is definitely better, not so bad. But when Josh started, oh man there was a screamer! The kid literally held on to his mothers leg and would not let go. So the teacher let her go in to the class and get him settled and sit with him for about the first two weeks. Finally she had to take the kid off the moms leg and told her to just go. Took a while but he came around. I felt bad for the little guy.

Hi to everyone else

Again, a pretty laid back day today. Just going to do some touch up in the room. Was up early and got the house straightened but do need to vacuum still. I bought the book Walk Away The Pounds to see what it is about. Have a couple of her videos and really like them-just need to get into the habit of doing them. I don't understand why I can't get motivated to exercise. The food is going so so, and not even getting any water down. Which I think it will get better once the newness of Josh being gone goes away. I know it won't go away completely but right now I feel so stressed and worried. Geez, I wish I wasn't such a worry wart! I am getting a plan in place and am putting a time frame to it and a certain amount of weight to lose in that time frame. So we will see what happens. Anyway...

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day!
Old 08-16-2005, 05:30 PM   #40  

Hi everyone!!
Sorry, as this will be short and I am so far behind in messages to everyone!
Rachel is a HARD taskmaster...lol!
Now she has me walking and walking and walking...which is good...but sheesh!
lol
Went to the dr. office...the dr. was at a delivery...so we sit down and wait... and wait some more...finally they ask if she wants to see the nurse practitioner instead! She said yes...
Well....she is now 95% effaced....still only 1 cm. dilated....but is measuring big!!! Prior to the exam Rachel told her what happend, about going to the hospital on thursday...she said "1st babies are always on their due date or late....you wont have him until at least Sept. 8."
After the exam she said "Wow...your cervix is very soft...and you are 95% effaced...You are only 1 cm. dilated but your cervix is moving forward!!"
Then after measuring she said "I expect that you will start dilating soon!"
So now we are back at square one...Rachel is having almost continuous (every 5 min. or less) braxton hicks...and we have absolutely no idea when Connors' birthday will be! lol
Rachel is hoping now for the 25th as that is her hubbys birthday!!!
I hope you all have a great day...maybe after Rachel goes home later I will be able to get back here and read up on how everyone is doing!!!!
(((((((hugs)))))))))
Karla
Old 08-16-2005, 06:45 PM   #41  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Karla~ Good luck with the new baby. I wish for a fast and quick delivery. Any hope for the 17th still??

Jane~ That is awesome about the house.

Katy~ Have a great time camping!!

Marti~ Have fun with Jhanai!

Katiecat~ Yeah he is now a "curatin jerker." He loves the fact that he is just tall enough when he stands on something to see on the counter. The only time he gets carried is coming into my mom's house/going out to the trailer, or when we get out of the car in a parking lot.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:51 PM   #42  
kitty Momo

Just popping in!

Will catch up later when I have more time.

I was offered the site manager job today from the housing director!! Starts at the 18.22 ( up to $25) and I get to live off site after 14 years!!!!! woooo hooooo.....

soooooooooooo happy!!
Old 08-16-2005, 08:10 PM   #43  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hello ladies. Just a pop in since I am getting ready to walk. I did 2 miles this morning and hope to do 2 more. DH and I plan to start another "non-diet" eating program tomorrow. I went and got lots of fruit and veggies. I told him this was how I lost 7 pounds and I was ready to buckle down again. It is so much easier if he co-operates and doesn't expect me to do any down home southern cooking. I fixed him a small amount of fried potatoes tonight and told him that was it for awhile. I hurried and put onions in them since I won't eat them that way. LOL..
Will be back to do some more gabbing in a little while.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:40 PM   #44  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Beth - wow, that's really cool that your school will let you have a free day for walking. Glad you didn't have any criers today. My son went to preschool, and I cried in the car after I dropped him off there the 1st day. Then I cried in the car when each DD went to kindergarten. Now, next week, Mary's twins start preschool. I KNOW she's going to cry. They are 3 and have little backpacks and everything.

Karla - all 3 of my kids were born a few days before their due dates, so I wouldn't go by what the NP said. Keep us posted, ok? Conner has a lot of new Aunties here just waiting for his arrival.

Angie - yeah, the house has a lot of charm. And mucho problems, too. Glad you foot is better and that the Banff trip was lots of fun. When do you start practicing for Evita?

Marti - when does Jhanai start school? Most of them around here started today, but the college starts Monday. Neal has only 16 1/2 weeks left to teach.

Katiecat - hope your knee PT went ok. While Tim is going part-time at work, can you use some of the student loan $$ to live on? Usually they are pretty generous. I agree with Cristi that he's smart to get his education out of the way now. About the cheese - I just usually allow for it and eat the real thing. Sometimes it's good to savor the real deal, only eat less. Sounds like you're doing fine with the lowfat, though.

Cristi - I haven't even thought about how long it will take to get the house done. I know we'll be at the mercy of contractors for part of it, so it's hard to tell. Glad you're getting your weight loss plans in place! That's half the battle, friend.

Mindee - thanks

Susan - there you are! Congrats about the job, toots!! Things are going your way finally, aren't they?

Sue - yay for you sticking with what works. The older we get the better we know our bodies, don't you think so? Btw, how's your mom?

Spent the day in Evansville with Maggie today. She was getting a cataract off her eye. This is her 2nd one, so she's relieved now that they're both done. Have to admit that while she was in surgery I popped over to the Hallmark House and picked up a gift for Mary. It's a sage/seafoam green watering can with lavendar (the plant) spilling out of it. So sweet! At some point during the move, she's gonna get all frazzled, and that's when I'll give it to her. I know that will make her feel better.

Gonna surf for a bit... see you later.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:27 PM   #45  
kitty Momo

Thanks Jane

I have my one friend that mailed me this gri gri bag.She said carry it with me for good luck. lol..............so , I have since the court thing with Mike.

Just thrilled and the director of public housing was so nice. She said they would make sure my medical continued with no breaks. Since I was going to stop it because of going part time.

blah- blah....so tired. omg! I get $$$$$$ now!

lol
Closed Thread