Old 09-30-2005, 08:53 AM   #91  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybutt
I feel a little less stressed not counting every calorie…it was making me nuts…
Ditto that for me. I only counted calories for the first 2 months back in 2003 when I first started eating healthy. It just makes me crazy and I can't handle it. I do believe that it was necessary for me to count calories for a few months to get a grasp on the caloric value of the foods I was eating. I used www.fitday.com and strongly recommend it for those of you who would like to keep a log of your weight loss, your calories, your exercise, etc. It's free and it takes some getting used to, but it's a GREAT website.

Quote:
that makes me nut to know I am doing everything right and the scale never moves….GRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Welcome to my world, Lily! LOL Yes, it IS frustrating!

Hope you all have a great weekend...supposed to be great weather, in my area anyway. Hope you have some great weather too! Get out there and walk or hike or bike or something!
SheriaVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 11:04 AM   #92  

Default hi

happy sunday singles! it is a beautiful day here. i've been sitting on my deck reading most of the morning. it has been very cold here the past week so a warm morning was very welcome.

i went to my tops rally day yesterday and had a good day. it really is a fun day and inspirational. they give a lot of recognition and rewards to people who have struggled to lose weight and succeeded. and i also got to meet other people who feel the same as i do in my local area. one of my own group members convinced me to join a local exercise club with her. if 2 people join together it is a cheaper rate, so now i am committed. this club is just like a curves, only under a name called "Compliments".

well, i've got to scoot. i am going to the pumpkin farm today. it is also lots of fun. have a nice sunday!
kathy
corningkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 06:42 PM   #93  

Quote:
Originally Posted by corningkat
one of my own group members convinced me to join a local exercise club with her. if 2 people join together it is a cheaper rate, so now i am committed.
Sounds like you had a good time at your rally. It's always marvelous just to be able to talk to other people who understand what we're going through! I hope the new exercise club, and having someone to work out with, works well for you, Kath! I know some folks say they have a really hard time working out on their own and that, if they can't find a workout partner (or a reliable one) they will struggle with staying consistent in their workouts. Since I am more of a solitary person, I have no trouble working out alone. The secret is finding whatever works (food and exercise wise) for each of us and then creating our own plan that WE can stick with!
Old 10-05-2005, 05:32 PM   #94  

Default hi

how's the singles club doing??? very slow week. i am very tired as i have a sinus infection. i am being treated for it so i hope it goes away in a few days.

sheri - after i had posted on sunday, i got good news. my mom called to say she bought me a new treadmill for my 40th b-day. she wanted to buy something big for a big bday. i was soo happy. my mom is good to me and i appreciate all she does. i just went to pick it up today. i think i am going to back out of the club, because i don't want to waste $ when i have what i want at home now. when i had a treadmill before, i lived on it. i like to hop on and crank the stereo. it also relaxes me, believe it or not.

well, i am very tired and i have a big day tomorrow, so i'm off to sleep.
have a good thursday!
kathy
Old 10-06-2005, 08:06 AM   #95  

Quote:
sheri - after i had posted on sunday, i got good news. my mom called to say she bought me a new treadmill for my 40th b-day. she wanted to buy something big for a big bday. i was soo happy.
WOOHOO!!!!!!!! That's awesome! I would LOVE to have a treadmill in my place. I can afford to buy one, but my problem is space as I live in a one-bedroom apartment and even the fold-up treadmills would just take up too much space--at least with the furniture I have now. It is my hope to move out of here some day and have a place that's at least a BIT bigger so that I can have a place for workout equipment. Right now my mat, balance ball, aerobic step and weights live in the corner of my livingroom.

Quote:
i think i am going to back out of the club, because i don't want to waste $ when i have what i want at home now.
Heck, I can understand that. If you've had a treadmill before and you know you'll use it, then a treadmill at home beats paying for a club. The problem for some folks is that they won't use the treadmill but it doesn't sound like that's going to be an issue for you. I'd love to be able to watch TV while I walk!
Old 10-06-2005, 09:33 AM   #96  

Hello ladies,

I've had two days with lots of work and two with almost nothing! I really do prefer to have work! Of course, yesterday the Boss says that he sees that I'm helping Joggie (pet engineer) so much and I'm doing so well etc etc ... and half an hour later, I'm sitting surfing the net with no work!! Happens every time!

Kathy - getting the treadmil is Great! I've got my stationary bike and that's in a corner of the lounge in front of the tv. I haven't done too much this week as my tummy was a bit upset yesterday, so will give myself til sunday to chill and then start afresh next week.

The weather here is nuts! Huge amounts of veldfires all over the country due to excessive winds and very high temps and today is COLD! Snow on the mountains and winds blowing off that! The temp this am was 8deg colder than yesterday! Now we just pray for rain as it's really dry now.

My mom has sold our house (where I'm sadly still living at the moment) and it looks like transfer will go through end Nov-ish, so it's back to flat hunting. Not that I mind at all!! I really miss having my own place and can't wait to do it again. It does look like we'll still be together for a while, as she has to wait for a flat to come free at the Retirement complex where she wants to go. I just hope that it's not longer than six months or I'll be slitting my wrists!!! Now it's just to get my drivers' lisence and then I'm all set. Have been driving my little red peril a bit and getting used to other cars on the road.

Anyway, enough babbling and I'm now going to carry on with my book!

Meg
megsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 11:36 AM   #97  

Default hi

hi singles! the weather is yucky here this weekend so i think today is just goint to be a relaxing day. i had a small party here last nite for birtdays and i have to clean the mess. it's not too bad so it won't take long.

sheri - after the party, a couple of male friends set up my treadmill for me so i am good to go. we tried it out a little last nite and i love it. it has all the bells and whistles too. i tape my soap every day so i like to walk while i watch that. i can fast forward thru the commercials so that gives me about 40 minutes walking time. i think it goes by faster because my mind is doing something else than my feet are doing.

megsa - have you lived where you are long?? i guess i got the idea that you were like on a special job assignment. i didn't realize your mom was there also. i would be happy if my mom would come back to new york with me. i don't like us living so far apart now that my dad is gone. out weather has been goofy too. it was in the 80's this past week and this coming week they are saying 40's to low 50's. what a big difference. usually the trees are at their peak color this time and they are just starting. i love to watch the colors change. it is my favorite time of the year. good luck with getting some rain!!!

well, i'm off to do some more cleaning. have a great week!
kathy
Old 10-09-2005, 12:58 PM   #98  
A Slightly Cracked Egg

S/C/G: 211.4/211.4/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies! I hope you don't mind me joining, I'm a single (well, divorced, so single-again) 32-year old trying to lose weight too.

I live in sunny FL (FL-Chickie, hehe) and am really liking this web community so far.
FL_Chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 07:25 PM   #99  

Hi, I am just joining...I am most definitely single (I am 14!) xD Anyway, hi, I am Arzu, and I like Lost. You'll be my best friend if you know what my username means. If not, well, I don't hate you, we can still be friends!

I have officially lost 5 pounds since the end of August. I know 5 pounds in a month isn't that much, but it is to me! I am so happy!

Only 10 to go, maybe 5, I just want to get rid of bellyt fat. When it's fat, I am going to stop losing and start maintaining. So it's a grey area.

I go on the treadmill too! I am going on in maybe 30 minutes (need to digest food). I do 40 minutes a day, no more, no less. I would do more, but I am a Muslim and fasting and I will pass out. Even though I do it after I break my fast.

Anyway, I also do the exercise ball...Gunner Peterson (he's the celeb trainer...just found that out recently) and Brooke Burke do it. They get annoying after a while but I do like my firmer body (it works).

Um, okay, that's all I guess. See you later hopefully, if I don't get crushed by homework tomorrow.
Claire de Ravin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 09:29 AM   #100  

Hello Ladies,

Work has been few and far between these last few days and with only very little today, I'm trying to spin it out! Our Secretary/receptionist has quit, so may have a bit more work until we find someone to fill the post. Have offered to do her work for half her salary extra! Don't think the boss will fall for it! Started new program on Sunday and now my '*** is stiff'! Not fun trying to get out of chair after sitting for an hour!! The cardio portion of this plan is quite strenous and also for 6 days a week, but I'm just aiming for 5. Did 15,5km last night and slept like a baby.

Kathy - I'm once again living at home which is the same house as the last 32,5 years, but soon to be sold. Quite a shock to be living with mom after nearly 15 years of being away. Is much better now that I'm working though. The office is about 35km (22mi) from home and takes about 35min. We're hoping to be moving closer to here and that should halve the dist.

Okay, my cellphone shop is calling my name so let me go and finish the job today still. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Meg
megsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 08:52 PM   #101  

Default hi

hi singles! welcome arzu and fl chickie!

arzu - we are glad to have you no matter what your age. i'm sorry i don't know what your username is but i would like to know.... congrats on your 5lbs lost. that is a great accomplishment!

fl chickie - glad to have you also. my mom lives in apollo beach just below tampa. anywhere near you?? i am usually down there for the holidays. this is a really good website. it is very informative. i post here and do a lot of surfing around the rest of it.

megsa - good luck with your new program! and don't overwork yourself.

i just finished up with my 2nd nite on the treadmill. believe it or not, i feel better already. it is nice to be moving again. i guess i really did miss my sessions. i'm also trying a new evening routine. before i wouldn't have dinner till 7/8 pm and then i'd be ravenous and not care what went in the ol' piehole. now i am having dinner around 4/5pm, then resting my feet a bit, and hitting the treadmill around 6pm or so. after working out i don't seem to be hungry so it keeps me from that emotional nite eating. yippee!!! well, i don't want to bore you all too much with my rantings..

sheri - how are you doing???

have a good thursday!
kathy
Old 10-13-2005, 02:55 PM   #102  

Hey kids! I've been out of town for my annual birthday vacation and just returned home today, so that's why I haven't been around. It was a crappy vacation in that I never saw the sun the whole time and it never stopped raining and blowing like crazy. Ick. But I visited my best friends and my favorite pooch, Paco, in Delaware so that is always a joy.

Welcome to the newbies--FL chickie and Arzu. Lovely to have you with us!

Arzu--I do believe that Claire de Ravin is either the name of the character Claire on Lost or the actress who plays her...or both. I am a fan of Lost too but didn't get to see it last night cuz I was staying with friends in Delaware and they insisted on watching bad movies on DVD (they're not Lost fans). So I'm so sad to have missed it! I just called a coworker who is a big Lost fan and she missed it to. WHAAA!!!!
Old 10-16-2005, 06:40 PM   #103  

Default hi

hey singles! another weekend gone again, so goes it. i had to work all weekend so i didn't do anything too exciting. i am pooped today, i took a nap after work and now i'm just getting some laundry done. have to be done by the time "desperate housewives" comes on. yes, i am addicted to that one and of course all the "csi' shows.

welcome back sheri! sorry it was so yucky for you. i'm about tired of this rain myself. we had just a peek of sunshine yesterday and today it is back to rain and cold. i hope you had a nice birthday anyways. tell about your favorite pooch. i always like to hear about other doggies, then i can tell my girlies about other doggies in the world.

well, i have to flip the laundry. have a great week!
kathy
Old 10-16-2005, 08:37 PM   #104  

Quote:
tell about your favorite pooch. i always like to hear about other doggies, then i can tell my girlies about other doggies in the world.
Paco is a Bichon Frise...in other words, a white fluffy fuzzball. He is 14 years old and had a stroke of sorts about a month ago so this was the first time I was seeing him since then. He is improving slowly but still walks into things when he first wakes up or when he gets too tired. I have known him since he was born and came to live with my friends in Delaware. I have come to care about him very deeply...as if he was my own doggie.

Here's a picture of he and I from my trip last week.
http://home.comcast.net/~sheriava/Re...ay2005_009.jpg

Have any pix of your doggies? I'm a sucker for doggie pix.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:13 PM   #105  

Default hi

hi singles! just finished a 45min session on the treadmill, now i'm officially pooped!

sheri - what a beautiful white frizzball! i'm sorry to hear about the stroke, but glad he is doing ok. i have tons of poochie pictures but i don't know how to post them. i'm not that computer smart. is it easy???

well, i really don't have much to report and tonite "the biggest loser" is on so i have to finish up chores. have a good wednesday!
kathy