Old 07-21-2005, 11:29 PM   #31  

Default Thursday Nighty Night

Missed on Wednesday -
Bev
squiggly You'll be back on the pop wagon in no time!

Thursday Dream Makers-
Bonnie another pound down! Have a wonderful time in the mountains.
carla awesome effort! Have a safe trip home!
me drank 96 oz of water (bladder is starting to hold better) and taught a 90 minute belly dancing class

haleys - it's good that you are working to keep your calories up. Hang in there.

Have a good night ladies!

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 03:11 AM   #32  
Haley

Didn't work out today and I'm going out of town starting tomorrow, so I'll do my 4th day of the workout Sunday. Maybe I'll make it a longer workout because I'm only getting 4 days of exercise in this week instead of the 5 I had set to do.

At least I drank all my water and ate a little over 1300 calories, a little higher than I'd like, but better than 740.

Thanks for all the support!
haleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 03:09 PM   #33  

Thursday - walked 35 minutes. Had breakfast at 6:45 - oatmeal, milk, honey and raisens. Didn't do very well on the water - only 48 oz. Am home early today so am doing a bit better. And yes haleys, I do need a good clear path to the bathroom about twice during the night. I definitely have a "bladder in training" as MsCat says. And I don't think it's getting any better. But this is the first summer that I have not had a problem with my legs and feet swelling and I'm sure it's the water ... so I'll gladly make the bathroom trips.

Carla - welcome home

Haleys & Bonnie - have safe trips

Off to drink some more water ... Bev
Bev in WI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 03:14 PM   #34  
Looking for Thin

Yesterday, I had no pop but got my water in and kept my calories at 1200. They were a little low. TOday, I had a pop but I'm still getting my water in and I got 25 minutes in on my elliptical. I weighed in at 252 again. I lost my weight that I gained last week. I'm so proud of that. I am hoping to lose three pounds this coming week. I will post some new strict goals this week. I am going to lose this weight no matter what.
squiggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 04:13 PM   #35  

Bev, I can't imagine exposing my jelly belly for dancing. You're a very brave woman.

Mscat, good luck witht he bladder. Personally I think it's never a good idea to overfill the bladder, but I think on that one I'm a voice crying in the wilderness.

Haleys, do try to eat enough. You need the nutrients, and you'll still lose weight.

Today is one of those days that shouldn't count. For lunch I had a wonderful (large) steak with a mountain of shoestring fries, an overdressed salad, and two glasses of lovely wine. Every bite was worth the calories, although half the fries would have been enough. The day ain't over, and I've got plenty of sinnin' to do before I sleep...

Tomorrow: back on track.

Carla
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 08:03 PM   #36  

Carla -- not Bev doing the belly dancing!!! Girl, I haven't exposed this belly since before I had my daughter ... and she's 44 years old! I finally got brave enough to buy some sleevess shirts, and that was only to help keep my nice Hawaiian tan. I always have such a "farmer" tan in the summer and my tan is nice and even this year. MsCat teaches belly dancing classes. I do think it would be fun and guess I'd do it if it was a class of "regular" people and not just teeny-tiny skinny folks. Bet it is great exercise.

Might as well report for the day as long as I'm here -

Friday - walked 40 minutes, and ate breakfast at 7:00. Made some muesli last night (oatmeal, milk, orange juice, dried fruit, & honey with a little bit of cinnamon - refrigerated overnight). Only 12 pts for the batch and ate 1/4 of it and it was very good. And I'm drinking my 5th - 12 oz glass of water today so will have 60 oz for sure. That's about what I aim for everyday.

Well, we've made it to the week-end. Plan is for a nice long walk tomorrow morning - I love walking when I don't have to hurry to get ready for work.

Have a good evening -- Bev
Old 07-22-2005, 09:41 PM   #37  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

have 2 post by clicking + copying each letter
goals met but no exercise

spilled water on keyboard
broke

back when buy new
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 01:28 AM   #38  

Default Friday Night (Sat early a.m.)!

Night ladies - I drank my water (I think - lost count) and I was exhausted from bellydance class on Thursday. DH and I went to movies and had a late dinner at the Outback. I was gonna blow off exercising but at midnight I couldn't stand facing you all and falling off target! I am participating in the 21-day challenge and I am 2 days away from completing that - couldn't stand facing them either and not finishing. So thanks to all of you I jumped on the treadmill for 30 minutes

Thursday cheers missed:
squiggly keep that water going.
haleys keep up the good work! Enjoy your time away.

Bev

Friday cheers to:
Bev You are so awesome - and you are right about the bellydancing - it is one of the most fun ways to workout and get in shape. Pick up a bellydance tape at your library and give it a try. Or sign up for a class in your area - all the classes I have taught and taken are full of "real women" including many of the instructors. Looking forward to hearing about your trip.
squiggly you are working it! and pounds down too!
carla - it's okay to have days like this occasionally - we need it for our sanity. Watching our weight should not be a constant punishment or self-denial. I know you enjoyed your steak as much as I enjoyed my coconut shrimp!

Sushi - I hope you get your fixed soon! You are a trooper for posting.

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
Old 07-23-2005, 01:50 AM   #39  

Sorry Bev, I don't know where the belly dancing came from. I must have been drunk.

I'm a little down tonite and have met no goals, so I think I'll just go to bed and start anew tomorrow. sorry to be so blue.

C
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 05:58 PM   #40  

Default Happy Saturday!

My dear friends - I have made it through Day 6! Had a 2-hour bellydance workout this morning - the instructor worked us over I feel tired but fantastic. I am starting on my last 24 oz bottle of water and I have stayed within my WW points for the day. This is also Day 20 for me on the 21-day challenge

Hey carla buddy - get over being blue and spring green into the new possibility that the new day will bring. You are a trooper and you will overcome. We are here for you!
Old 07-23-2005, 08:33 PM   #41  

Sorry to report I didn't meet my goals today -- woke up to a very stormy looking sky. Ended up having heavy thunderstorms with lightning - took a lightning strike very nearby and lost power for about 5 hours. Knocked out my microwave and my cordless phone! So it was pretty close!!! Spent the afternoon figuring out why I had no phone service and after calling the phone co (from the neighbors) disconnected everything and started over. Now my phone lines all work and the internet connection works as long as I don't hook up the cordless phone -- so I do believe it got fried!!

Soooo - I was 45 minutes late with breakfast (cold cereal & milk) - did not get my morning walk and am still drinking water. It's 7:35 here and I could get a walk in but to be honest I'm just too tired to even think about it. I did stay OP with food so that's one good thing about the day. I'm going to go read a while and go to bed -- will catch you all in the morning (after my walk!) -- Bev
Old 07-24-2005, 12:55 AM   #42  
Looking for Thin

Friday, I met the exercise goal and the water goal. Unfortunately, I had a pop.
Saturday, I met all three goals. I did 25 minutes on the elliptical both days.
squiggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 08:13 AM   #43  

Good morning all -- well, it's a new day (thank goodness!) and I just got back from my walk and am drinking my first glass of water. I re-read my post from last night, and I sounded so "whiney" - I just hate when I get like that. But I discovered a couple of things yesterday. 1) If I don't get out and get movin' right away in the morning I'm going to feel crappy all day and 2) If I don't walk and drink my water my legs are going to feel like stumps the next morning! Oh and 3) If my 5-1/2 mo old pup doesn't get his morning walk, he's a pain-in-the-butt the rest of the day - he has so much energy and just has to work it off.

So my goals for next week will just be a repeat of this week and I am going to really focus on them.

Carla, you're big juicy steak sounded yummy! I think we all deserve an off-point day once in a while. I know that goes against WW basic rules, but I know this is a lifetime change for me and I'm not giving up a nice dinner out once in a while. Or, for that matter, a little extra treat at home. Just have to remember moderation in all things.

MsCat - way to go on the 21 day challenge!!!! What an awesome accomplishment. Maybe I'll try for 21 days starting today. Will have to come up with something I WILL do inside in case of another stormy morning - I have an exercise bike downstairs so could do a few miles on that.

Squiggly - glad you lost the weight you gained last week.

Sushi - hope you get your new keyboard and get back with us soon.

Have a great Sunday everyone -- Bev
Old 07-24-2005, 03:50 PM   #44  
Haley

Hey everyone, good job to those who met their challenges and keep going to those who didn't. I've had my required water every day, but haven't exercised since Thursday, but I'm going on a bike ride today for my 5 days of working out. I ate at least 1200 calories everey day and...

I'm down 2 pounds!! 8 pounds away from onederland, I'm excited!
haleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 05:35 PM   #45  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Hello again, Everybody

I got my new keyboard at last.

I've been doing so-so with my goals, though, things kind of went downhill over the past few days. I totally failed with respect to fixing my sleep schedule, and now I have no idea how I'm going to get up for work tomorrow... water was okay until Friday, but yesterday and today I only drank one bottle. And I haven't been exercising at all this week, eek! The chocolate project has been going fine, no problems with that.

I agree that we all need a day off-plan sometimes (like having a nice day out), but the problem I have is that it's hard to get back on plan afterwards... Two days ago we had pizza for dinner and I had 4 small slices, and since then I'm tempted to have other "goodies" - like ice cream, which I did end up having yesterday.
Oh well, I'll guess next week's challenge will be to get back on track...

Haleys, wow, congratulations! Enjoy your bike ride!
Bev, I'm exactly the same way, need to get moving right away in the morning. And your puppy sounds cute!
Squiggly, you've been doing so great with pop all week, don't be too hard on yourself because of having some - it's tough to just stop drinking it when we're used to it (can't imagine trying to stop drinking coffee - though I haven't had it in a few days because I've been home)
Carla, cheer up, you can do it! Even if we don't meet our goals one day, there is still the other days in the week when we've either done it, or when we still can do it!
Mscat816, you're a true inspiration! Couldn't imagine hitting the treadmill late at night after a tiring day! You rock! On Thursday evening I skipped rope for half an hour in the laundry room - around 11:30 pm - that was thanks to you!

Cheers to everyone, I'll check in tomorrow with my goals for next week.
Oh, if someone could wake me up at 7:30 am EST tomorrow... :P
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote