Old 06-27-2005, 11:36 PM   #16  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

S/C/G: 182/182/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi Ladies!!!! There is so much to tell, but I will make it short. My dad is still in rehab...after several trips back to the hospital. His Physical therapy is going well and we hope he will get to go home sometime this week. We have been at this since May 8th!!! Anyway, they did a CT scan and they found nodules on his lungs. We are praying it isn't more cancer, but right now they just want him strong enough to go home and then I guess he will see a doctor about the nodules later. There has been much frustration with the doctors and no communication between them OR giving us much info. I pray he will go home this week. I have put 4000 miles on my van since May 8. It would be nice to not make the drive every day. Bless his heart. He wants to go home sooooo bad.

Kim and I are walking again. Feels good too. Sounds like you are all doing well. I will do better now and keep up on here.

Dan and I had our 18th anniversary June 20th. We are still planning on our trip to the mountains in July. I will not be at where I wanted to be with my weight, but at least I didn't gain it all back. I need to start back on phase 1, but I want to make sure my dad is HOME before I try to start back. I will for SURE go back to SBD.

Just wanted to check in!
Kim
o2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 08:48 AM   #17  
Support soccer in the USA

Good morning ladies. I said I was going to be posting more but I haven't been. I want to get to know everyone as well as you all know eachother from posting all the time. I think it's great everyone is looking out for eachother here.

I have to admit I'm still struggling with the break up so dieting hasn't been high on my priority list. I'm not looking too great and my friends are noticing. In the last month I've only lost 4 pounds. I'm just not feeling the whole dieting thing at the moment.

I'm trying hard to not let this situation get me to a point where I'm feeling so bad I don't care anymore but it's really hard. The motivation just isn't there anymore.

Unfortunately, my friends aren't really sympathetic anymore and are basically telling me "it's been three weeks, get over it". That doens't help at all. It just makes me feel worse.

So I'm on my own with the support for now. But I know that once I'm out of this funk, I'll be back on track.

So wish me luck vixens! (and send some positive thoughts to Washington DC on my behalf)
SoccerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 11:21 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerGirl
So I'm on my own with the support for now. But I know that once I'm out of this funk, I'll be back on track.

So wish me luck vixens! (and send some positive thoughts to Washington DC on my behalf)
{{{{{{{{{SoccerGirl}}}}}}}}}}}} (sorry, but I can't remember your name) Sending you big hugs and lots of encouragement. Don't give up -- you've already come so far! BTW, I really don't know these ladies too well yet either. I've just started posting a short time ago. So, I'm still figuring out who's who and what's what. LOL

Deb
bikerdeb61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 11:25 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by o2bskinny
Hi Ladies!!!! There is so much to tell, but I will make it short. My dad is still in rehab...after several trips back to the hospital. His Physical therapy is going well and we hope he will get to go home sometime this week. We have been at this since May 8th!!! Anyway, they did a CT scan and they found nodules on his lungs. We are praying it isn't more cancer, but right now they just want him strong enough to go home and then I guess he will see a doctor about the nodules later. There has been much frustration with the doctors and no communication between them OR giving us much info. I pray he will go home this week. I have put 4000 miles on my van since May 8. It would be nice to not make the drive every day. Bless his heart. He wants to go home sooooo bad.

Kim and I are walking again. Feels good too. Sounds like you are all doing well. I will do better now and keep up on here.

Dan and I had our 18th anniversary June 20th. We are still planning on our trip to the mountains in July. I will not be at where I wanted to be with my weight, but at least I didn't gain it all back. I need to start back on phase 1, but I want to make sure my dad is HOME before I try to start back. I will for SURE go back to SBD.

Just wanted to check in!
Kim
Kim, congrats on your 18 years wedding anniversary! That's awesome. My husband and I celebrate 21 years on July 29th. We'll be celebrating it together in Sturgis, South Dakota at the motorcycle rally. LOL

Still sending lots of prayers for your dad. I went through taking care of my mom when she had uterine cancer. I had to drive quite a bit myself. It was a little over an hour drive to the apartment where she was at, half hour drive from apartment to hospital for treatment, half hour back to apartment, and then a little over an hour back home again. So, needless to say, I spent alot of time driving in my car too. So, I really can sympathize with what you're going through. Hang in there! I hope he comes home this week too. Good luck!!

Deb
Old 06-28-2005, 11:48 AM   #20  
Support soccer in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdeb61
{{{{{{{{{SoccerGirl}}}}}}}}}}}} (sorry, but I can't remember your name) Sending you big hugs and lots of encouragement. Don't give up -- you've already come so far! BTW, I really don't know these ladies too well yet either. I've just started posting a short time ago. So, I'm still figuring out who's who and what's what. LOL

Deb
Thanks so much for the encouragment. It feels good to be getting it from somewhere. I know my friends mean well. But I guess they are tired of seeing me mope around and feel sorry for myself. I hate being this way. I mean, I'm 30 years old and I should be handling this much better. But I realize it doesn't matter how old you are, finding out someone you love doesn't love you anymore is just hard to deal with.

I know it takes time to feel better. I just wish it would come sooner rather than later.
SoccerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 12:33 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerGirl
But I realize it doesn't matter how old you are, finding out someone you love doesn't love you anymore is just hard to deal with.
You're right... it doesn't matter how old you are. It's tough when you find out that a relationship is over, and your heart is still in it. My girlfriend has been married 20 years and is going through a divorce right now. She knows that it's for the best but it is still a very hard thing to handle. Hang in there!

Hugs, Deb
Old 06-28-2005, 12:55 PM   #22  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

Soccergirl - I wish I had a quick fix for you. There is nothing that will fix a broken heart besides time. 3 weeks is hardly enough time to mend, your friends should know that. I wish all broken hearts could heal that fast! Just doesn't work that way. You are strong though, you have made it this far. Try to put some energy into yourself now. Hard to do and it may no be possible at this point, but things will get better, I guarantee it. You will be a much stronger person when this is all said and done. Give it more time and try to pull yourself back up at little at a time. Hang in there...sorry I can't help more, but you can do it.

Deb, sounds like a fun anniversary in store for you. But if you both enjoy it, that is all that matters! I actually wouldn't mind spending ours at a race track! HEHE! I know, I am weird! Thanks for the well wishes with my dad. I am keeping my figers crossed. How did your moms cancer turn out? Did they do surgery? Chemo? Spending all that time sure gives you lots of time to think, doesn't it??

Well, Kim and I walked this morning, It is hotter than blazes out there. It is hard to breathe. Our air is in code orange right now so it is not ideal outside.
Gotta go for now. I will be back later to check in!

Kim
Old 06-28-2005, 12:57 PM   #23  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

Deb......I meant to say that spending all that time IN THE CAR gives you lots of time to think. Sorry, I am still not all here apparently!
Kim
Old 06-28-2005, 03:40 PM   #24  
Movin' right along...

Hey chicks...just a quick note.

Kim- We have all missed you! You such a positive attitude. I love it. It sounds like things are moving forward for your dad. 18 years...that is amazing. Thats so inspiring. Oh and Im glad you and Kim are doing your walks again. I know that helps to make you feel better. I know she missed the walks too. If you need anything, Im here for you.

Soccergirl- I know breakups are so hard. You'll get through it. You honestly just have to give it time. Don't forget about your needs, ok? I think women tend to be so selfless sometimes. Its a wonderful trait but can hurt us sometimes. Take care of yourself. Oh and there is no timeline on healing from a breakup. Whether its 3 weeks to a year. Thats your business. You take the time you need, ok?

Deb- I know that sizes aren't really a good indicator of weight loss. Still, its fun to try on a smaller size and have it fit. I wish the measurements were universal. I used to be a size 3/4. Holy crap. I just thought about that. I know Ill probably never be that size again. Goodness. Thats so tiny!

Ok my dad is good so far. I was 4 points under yesterday. Im still trying to work on that.
Im excited about Nic coming to meet my dad and stepmom. I know hes nervous. Its cute though.

Ill post later...

Love,
Deanne
chubbyvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 05:57 PM   #25  

Ok, I just got back from work. I am doing a nursery this week, pro-bono but its still fun to decorate for a baby. I managed to get the top and the bottom colors on but I still have a lot of work ahead of me. I'm putting blocks of stripes on the bottom of the wall and a hazy diamond pattern on the upper wall.. it will turn out adorable i'm sure, but boy is it going to make some LONG days lol...
I'm doing pretty good on my diet,, a few small cheats here and there, but the numbers are still going down so I'm not to worried. I'm just very concious of not pigging out totally....
goddesskde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 08:46 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by o2bskinny
Deb, sounds like a fun anniversary in store for you. But if you both enjoy it, that is all that matters! I actually wouldn't mind spending ours at a race track! HEHE! I know, I am weird! Thanks for the well wishes with my dad. I am keeping my figers crossed. How did your moms cancer turn out? Did they do surgery? Chemo? Spending all that time sure gives you lots of time to think, doesn't it??
Kim, actually I think a race track sounds fun too. Are you talking about car racing? or horse racing? My mom's cancer didn't turn out very well, mostly because she ignored it for five years until it was inoperable. At that point, she was stage four. We found out about the cancer from her sometime in early March and she died June 17, 2001. It would have been treatable if she'd gone to the doctor right away, but she chose not to.

Deb
Old 06-28-2005, 08:48 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbyvixen
Hey chicks...just a quick note.

Deb- I know that sizes aren't really a good indicator of weight loss. Still, its fun to try on a smaller size and have it fit. I wish the measurements were universal. I used to be a size 3/4. Holy crap. I just thought about that. I know Ill probably never be that size again. Goodness. Thats so tiny!
Wow, I don't think I've ever been a size 3/4. The smallest size I wore was a 5/6 I think, when I was in 8th grade. After that, my average size was a 7/8. I weighed 125 pounds when I got pregnant with both of my kids, and only gained 25 pounds with each pregnancy. Now I weigh more than I did when I was pregnant. (sigh)

Deb
Old 06-29-2005, 12:36 AM   #28  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

Deb, I am sorry to hear about your story with your mom not ending well. Cancer is so scary! I know very few people whose lives have not been touched by it in some way or another. Thanks for sharing that. Oh, and I meant car racing for sure. Our whole family loves it!

Thanks Deanne for the sweet words. I am glad to be back too. Amazing how we take the little things for granted until we don't have them or can't do them. Like posting on this board! I will need so much help when I get back on track though. OMG! But I know I can do it. AND I WILL!!!!
Hope the meeting with Nic and your dad goes well! How fun!! I know you probably said, but are you in Jackson? Or where?

Soccergirl, I hope your heart is mending a little more each day.

Kim
Old 06-29-2005, 12:00 PM   #29  
Movin' right along...

Hey girls

Kim- I'm in Maryland right now. This is where my dad lives. My mom lives in Jackson. Nics parents live in Biloxi. I'm all over the place this vacation
Old 06-30-2005, 10:24 AM   #30  
Movin' right along...

Wow i was the last one to post...where are y'all? I hope everyones ok.

Love,
Deanne