Old 05-21-2005, 04:29 PM   #16  

HI Guys

It's been a rainy day here most of the day. Right now it's sunny, but all that means is, it will heat up and then we will have severe storms later. They are predicting possible hail and tornado's again. I love Iowa in the spring time. Actually, I do, most of the time.

Anne, I'd love to see your mom's garden and get to talk to her about flowers. I'm trying to teach my girls now about plants and flowers. They never cared before, but now that they have places to plant stuff, they want to know more. There is nothing more peaceful than a nice garden.

Kate, my DH can look at an orange and lose 5 lbs. Last week he said we were both out of control and need to get back on track. I agree, but I know I will struggle like mad, lose 1 or 2 lbs and he will just walk a few miles and drop 10 lbs. It's always like that. I've made out my grocery list, based my menu on the Firms diet plan. Their plan is very sensible, uses regular food and most of the stuff are things I like. You have 3 meals that total 1200 calories and then snacks to fill in, based on your weight. I can eat up to 2000 calories a day (they don't suggest eating more), so I can have 800 calories of snacks. They have lists of snacks and what I like is, they include beer and wine on the snack lists. This will help me, because when DH and I are working on the house, almost every day, he wants to have a beer when we are through. It won't be as often as it was when he was on vacation, but now, I won't feel like I've really messed up. I will just plan for it and plan a good snack or meal for afterward.

Ali, speaking of diet plans, I picked up a copy of Sylvester Stallone's new book and had to laugh at the diet. It wasn't that it was so awful, just that he said to eat things that most of us couldn't afford, like Scottish Salmon, and things that you would have to import and spend a fortune on.

Lynn, hope your enjoying your vacation and getting plenty of rest too

Better go get supper going. DH will be up soon and he's always hungry when he gets up. Reminds me of a baby, has to be fed as soon as his eyes open. Later, Nikki

nikkic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 12:05 PM   #17  

Since it's Monday, I'll start a new thread, see you there!
nikkic is offline   Reply With Quote