Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 04:35 PM   #46  
Hello my name is FABULOUS

Hi ladies,

What a dreary weekend it was. Rain rain rain. At least we weren't blessed with the snow like Mindee. Luckily it missed the Toronto area. Saturday DH and I went out and bought new living room furniture. We've had the same sectional sofa for the last 16 1/2 years and it was getting increasingly hard to get up off of it. So we got a lovely new sectional with a sofa bed and gorgeous wing back chair at Leon's It was delivered yesterday and looks great. The only downside was that the chair was damaged. (broken leg) and we have to get a replacement. But Jerry just Macgivered it with some screws so at least we can use it until the replacement arrives.

No chance to work out this weekend. Didn't even get a shower yesterday I was so busy. That and Joycelyn is cutting a new tooth so she is extra clingy and whiney.

Somehow though, I did manage to get all the laundrey washed and dried, and almost put away, so at least I burned some housework calories.

Had a nice compliment from my MIL on Friday. She said that she could see that I was losing weight, especially in my back. She is one of my biggest supporters, next to my own mom.

TERRI Sorry you are having such a hard time with DH. I know that it's so hard with young ones. Jerry and I are best friends, and we are in it for the long haul together, so it takes a lot of extra work to make our marriage work. Joycelyn is our number one priority in terms of making sure that she is safe and secure and happy, but the biggest part of that is making sure that our relationship as spouses is nurtured also. At the end of the day, when Joycelyn has grown up and left home (and she will) We want to make sure that we are still as good friends as ever. We've been together for 16 1/2 years so we've had a lot of time to grow together, and right now we are going through a lot of growing pains, and there is a lot of snipping and *****ing (for lack of a better word) but we always keep the lines of communication open. When I'm pissed at him, I let him know it and vice versa, keeping quiet about it only causes you more stress. I don't know how close you and your DH are but I hope that you can find a way to work things out. Good luck.

Anyway, I must run. I will post more tomorrow. Work is so busy.

TTFN

Anita
Old 04-25-2005, 05:03 PM   #47  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies--

Sorry I haven't posted much over the weekend. Been busy w/Jhanai. And James actually had the weekend off w/us!!

Austin--Welcome!! I wish I had the perfect story to share w/you, but I'm in the mist of figuring out what will work for me. We have many lovely ladies on this site who are having wonderful success, so I hope you get a chance to read their stories. They're very inspirational!

Katy--May have to check into the Core Effects video. Or maybe find it on tv somewhere and just record it from that! Glad it's working so well! I need toning!

Jane--Your ears are ringing from all the silence? When I'm alone, I believe my dogs conspire to hide so they don't have to listen to me babble on to them! Soup sounds good right now. I may have to gets some ingrediants this weekend and make some.

Susan--Hope the wiggles was a blast for Gaby! Tell us all about it when you get a chance.

Angie--We have a play it again sports place around here too. I've been wanting to get in there and check out the roller blades for Jhanai. We live in a perfect neighborhood for summer skating. May have to do that before her birthday!

Mindee--Glad Brandon's birthday was fun! Sorry to hear about the photos. I know it's no comfort to keep hearing the same thing, but it IS good that there were others who had camera's.

Terri--I've been avoiding the scale too. I have no reason as to why I have been. But TOM started this week and so I figured I might as well see what damage I have done. I've gained 2lbs....with TOM. So, it wasn't so bad after all. And after TOM has left my house, I will get back on the scale and see where I'm at BEFORE I change my siggy.

Cristi--I'm pretty sure they must have taken your photos!! You've reminded me that my pour toes have been neglected. I may just polish those babies up after I'm done here!

Anita--Your furniture sound beautiful! I would love to get new furniture for our house. At least a living room set. I'm wanting something besides our futon....it was very nice thick futon, but I would really like a couch. Someday maybe!

Ok ladies..I have laundry going and I've spent my morning sweeping, vaccuming and all that cleaning jazz...I'm off to grab a cup of joe and relax before I go to work.

Take Care
Old 04-26-2005, 12:37 AM   #48  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Terrie-Lee~ My sister told me that she will email me the pictures that she took. Brandon’s one godmother, Anna, emailed me back and said that she would give us the doubles. I am waiting to hear from my other sister Beth and Brandon’s other godmother Tina.

Austin~ First off, welcome to the group. Secondly, I lost my weight by getting on an exercise bike that my sister left here, and cutting out my pop intake. I have also tried to get out and do as much walking as possible.

Cristi~ Yeah, we didn’t get anything that stuck. Well, it did at the time, but now we have nothing. Out by where my in-law’s camp, they got between 11 and 13 inches there. The pictures should be on the “Photo Gallery, pt 2” at least I think that is where I put them! My sister Katy said that she would email me the pics she took, and our friend Anna said that she would give us the doubles that she took.

Jane~ I was mad at first, but I was relieved when I sent the email out asking for doubles and/or emails with the photos. My sister Katy took a video of Anna and Brandon on the floor. She was sitting down and had a hold of him from behind and she was making him dance and you could hear him giggle. It was priceless and very adorable!

Anita~ Brandon is cutting another tooth as well, for a grand total of 5 now.

Marti~ I agree! I think it took Tommy telling me 50 times while we were in Meijers that other people took pictures and he is sure that they would share with us.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:09 PM   #49  
Hello my name is FABULOUS

Ahhh the busy life of the working woman. Today is a little quieter so I have some time to say more than a quick hello. Today started out well. I managed to get 40 minutes of exercise in. 15 minutes on the ski machine and 25 minutes on weights and abs. I always feel better when I exercise. I've adjusted my workout schedule. I no longer get up at 4:30 but get up at 5:15 , so I am able to see DH off to work (sometimes it's the only time we get a chance to chat these days!) and then I head for the basement for my gym. So far I have not checked my weight, but I am not expecting much as this month has been stressful and have pretty much done zero exercise. But I am remaining positive because I am making more healthy choices than non healthy choices and I have cut out some destructive habits (such as eating in front of the tv)

AUSTIN!!!!! HELLO AND WELCOME Fortunately, it doesn't cost too much to get started on the weight loss journey. If you have a pair of shoes to walk in, then you can already be well on your way. Walking is one of the best ways to shed weight, and the best part is that it's free! As for diets, I recommend that you start by writing down everything that you eat. Every bite. Do this for a week and then look at it and see just what and how much food you are eating. "You cannot change what you don't acknowlege" --Dr. Phil From there you can determine where you need to make changes. Perhaps in either portions or the types of foods you are eating. Try to make healthier choices. Don't shoot for everything at once. If for example you drink a lot of soda/pop then switch to diet, or cut back it and drink water. Things like that. If you need help, we are all here for you.

MINDEE Sounds like Brandon and Joycelyn are in a tooth competition. Once this one comes in she'll have 5 also. Sounds like you had a blast on his birthday too. Too bad about the snow though, what is with this crazy weather?

MARTI You know something? I have always wanted a Futon. They look so fluffy and comfy. We've just never really had a place for one. New furniture is really nice to get. We've had the same couch for 16 1/2 years and we have been practically been sitting on the floor for the last 2 years. I honestly don't know how I managed to get up from it while I was pregnant.
Sometimes I just had to roll off!

to everyone I missed! Hope everyone is well!
Old 04-26-2005, 01:49 PM   #50  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Just a quick note to say hi. JJ is here and going to help me cook, lol, but right now she's watching Rollie Pollie Ollie. The rain has stopped and the sun is trying to peek out, so I'm not sure if I'll make it back today.

Whatever you're doing, have a good one!
Old 04-26-2005, 01:51 PM   #51  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Howdy everyone

Jane~you made me think about when we were married. I bought a bunch of those disposable cameras so that everyone could take pictures. Of course there was only the kids, DD's friend because her dad was the preacher and V's step-mom and dad. But everyone had a camera and we got some good shots. V's step-mom had brought her own camera and she gave us the doubles of what she took. And the preacher took some also, typical photos a photographer would have taken had we had one. It was nice to see the different angles and poses that everyone took and of course we got a video of the ceremony, not the reception because his step-mom for some reason put the camera down instead of passing it on to someone else. The headache is still with me darn it. But it is from a toothache and I have got to find a dentist.

Mindee~well glad that everyone is willing to give up some photos. I'll take another look at the photo gallery-may have just been in a hurry and missed them.

Marti~I've always wanted a futon-love those things. We thought about putting one in the exercise room but there's not enough space so V is thinking about making a Murphy bed. We really don't have anywhere for anyone to sleep except on the couch, not that we have a lot of company. But it's always good to have something. Glad you had a nice weekend with James and Jhanai.

Terri-Lee~hope you are having a nice day.

Anita~your new furniture sounds nice. We are still waiting for our dining room furniture. Not supposed to be here till May 1, or is it the 5th-ah, one of those two. But I was hoping that it would actually come in early. Wish I had your motivation to exercise-have the stuff, just can't make myself do it.

Anyway, HI to everyone else

Kind of a busy day today. Made a trip to the library this morning and had a couple of other errands to run. Was supposed to go get my drivers license renewed but not in the mood for a pic. Maybe tomorrow...I've got to run to the post office and then when V gets home going to pick up my ring(s), get some lotion Bath & Body Works, pick up some yankee candles, and then we are off to dinner. We have been having our date nights again. For a while we stopped because he was working so much and now it seems to be slowing down somewhat. The bad thing about him working so much is it is taking so long to get things done around the house. Going on three weeks now for our patio and it is all dug out and two squares are framed in, just need to frame another, put the sand in and get the guys out here with the concrete. Don't know how long it will take to get the fence in! Anyway, in a chatty mood I guess.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day!
Old 04-26-2005, 01:51 PM   #52  
GmaTo8

Yakkity Yak..... hop on over to #126! See you there.
Closed Thread