Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 03:35 PM   #31  
Member w/ messiest house

Hi Lushie. You ask many questions.

Wendy's chili? I never ate it before, I don't suppose I'd do it now. Kidney beans and fingers look so similar....

Day 4 of the Old Folks' Home. Okay, that's mean, DH will eventually improve. He is still having a lot of trouble getting around and spending all day on the couch. He gets up when he has to, but it's obviously painful and can't straighten up all the way. Makes it pretty exhausting to do anything. Also he is starting to resemble those hiphop stars re: hand placement. Haha. Made you shudder.

It is really sunny here today. The snow in the yard and driveway keep melting, but we still have giant snowbanks. It's crazy. I mean there is a big muddy clear area surrounded by snow. DD and a friend went snowshoing yesterday. Tomorrow we are supposed to get freezing rain. Yippee.

TPBM wants to go out bike riding.

Kiwi

Last edited by Kiwonk; 03-31-2005 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:50 PM   #32  
Member w/ messiest house

How'd you sneak that message in there? I am wearing this color pants or maybe this color I think. They are not beige.

I agree about LisaMarie; I like her. Of course I haven't seen her on TV for a year or 2, but she talked about MJ then too. She seemed pretty open. I don't have a problem with people talking about messes in their life, as long as they are being honest with themselves. As an example of the complete opposite, take Whitney Houston, who goes on interviews talking about how she's been clean so long and will never never get into drugs again blah blah, and all the while you can just about see her shoot up.

Kiwi
Old 03-31-2005, 05:27 PM   #33  
loves kleenex box art

False (am I playing this game by myself?) I do not have a bicycle. I wish I were walking hand-in-hand with a guy with nice hands by the bay. Do not attempt to diagram that sentence.

TY for agreeing with me Kiwi. You get 15 demerits removed for that.

On Monday, I get to have lunch with my pal Roger. I call him Roger because that is not his name. Other names are not his, also, but Roger is my choice. Anyway, Roger's wife passed away a year ago and he could not go to lunch until a year passed. Now it has passed and we will have lunch. He is a sincere and intense man. He is a very good man. He's the one who bought my new computer on his credit card and expects to pay the three monthly payments as they come in. Isn't that nice? He is so sweet that Roger.

I miss DS. The house is too quiet and at home we do not eat junk food on a regular basis. They are undermining his health.

I want to say things to and about Lush but Wabby will scold me.

TPBM adores me.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:59 PM   #34  

I have this to say about that. I ain't your mother. My mother would say "if you can't say something nice....." ----- but again, I point out that I am not your mother or even my mother. Although, I seem to look more and more like her every day. How in the world could I scold you when I can't even get my own children to be nice to each other??? DS and DD got into an argument today over some silly thing and ended up w/ DD saying she wasn't coming over to our house anymore until DS moved out and she doesn't have to deal with him. AAAAArrghhh. They make me crazy. So if you want to add to my stress level, then just have at it.

Saturday night is bunco night and I plan on not driving just in case I feel the need to have a couple drinks, which I can tell you I do.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:13 PM   #35  
loves kleenex box art

You didn't answer the question about adoring me.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:27 PM   #36  

Oh Peach, how could I not???? ------ I may want to shake ya silly but I always adore you!!!

TPBM is adored by many.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:05 PM   #37  
Member w/ messiest house

You'll have to ask the many.

Roger sounds awfully nice, and very proper to observe a mourning period. Is he cute?

I talked to my real life sissy tonight. She and her brood are on school break, but have been getting over flu and stuff, plus it's mostly rained all week. Bummer. They had to get rid of their dog, returned him to the rescue society that they got him from, because he bit my BIL on the hand, and my stepfather (don't parse that sentence either). And the kids saw their dad getting bitten; it was really bloody. He was a very scared, shy dog, although he and my sis bonded really well. He was fine with the kids, but terrified of men. So anyway, it's sad, but they couldn't keep him after that. He could be very sweet, and he was awfully cute; it's a shame he had so many problems. I have some cute pics of him from Christmas, and I don't know if my sis will want to see them, so I'm going to post a couple here. Bye, Buddy, hope they find you a good situation, or you are at peace.

TPBM is apparently really H****Y

Kiwi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 04_12Buddy.jpg (37.6 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 04_12Buddy2.jpg (38.9 KB, 25 views)
Old 04-01-2005, 11:19 AM   #38  
loves kleenex box art

Yes, I am quite H****Y. Thank you for caring.

Sad about the dogger. I really don't like doggers but it's sad anytime something is scared and rejected.

It's storming here big huge time.

Let's discuss eroticism. I think it's trite, poorly written and boring. After all, it is IMMENSELY predictable. There are only so many body parts to slide ones hand down.

I am getting the Monk book today. It's $24.95 plus tax. I will the first to finish it and post in our new book club.

TPBM thinks that H****Y is erotic.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:12 PM   #39  

Nooooo, not me, but DH probably thinks so.

You will all be so happy to know that I'm going effin insane here, what with the constant, steady, gray, drizzly nasty bad rain. It's been going on for days and days and the weather forcast for the next several days looks like this - http://msnbc.com/news/wea_front.asp That will pay me back for going on and on about our sunny weather. Apparently it's over until August. It's appropriate that my birthday looks like it will be steady rain.

Sorry your sis had to give up her doggie, but she made the right decision. A biting dog doesn't belong in a family situation, no matter how much you might love them. The worst thing is when ppl won't face the facts and insist on keeping a dangerous dog.

I'm po'ed today just like Bagzie. No, nobody stole anything from our shop, but someone stole 4 solar lights that we had lining our driveway. Can you believe anyone could do something so low?

What is the monk book, Peach? I'm reading Brick Lane, a book about a Bangladeshi woman who is married off in an arranged marriage. I'm so glad I'm not Bangladeshi. I just finished The Tie That Binds. It was very good, I read it in one day.

TPBM is a dog person, and thinks cats should stay on the roof.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:21 PM   #40  
loves kleenex box art

False.

The Monk book is the one for our NEW Book Club. Sue Monk Kidd and the Mermaid Tail. I don't have it quite yet so I may be inaccurate.

TPBM loves the gentle purr of a cat nestled on their pillow at night while it pours outside.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:54 PM   #41  

It was my oldtimer's disease - I forgot about that book. It's called the Mermaid Chair and Costco is supposed to have it after April 5th.

TPBM would never sleep w/ a four legged animal. Only the 2 legged variety.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:14 PM   #42  
loves kleenex box art

False/true. Not with a four-legged goat but a two-legged old goat so what's the difference?

My friend's bookstore ordered it for me and I have it on my desk. So there. Pbbbbbt

As you all know if you have teenager hipsters, gmail is the new have-to-have-it email program thingie and now that I'm using it I think it's very very nice. You can only get it by invite so if anyone wants it, lemme know.

You can find your email at any puter like yahoo but it holds WAYY lots of mail. You can search your mail. It's easy to use and google keeps on improving it. Today they added rich text. Yippee yay.

TPBM has chocolate bunnies still.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:14 PM   #43  
Member w/ messiest house

False. Ate the rest of it last night.

Although I am one of those schizophrenic cat/dog people, I do think it's fun when kitties are on the roof. My very favorite cat episode was one winter when we had lots of snow and one of the cats got up on the roof. I went to the door to get her to come in and when I called her, she came over to the corner of the roof where she could see me. So I called her to come down, and my trusting little kitty jumped down. Into 3 feet of soft snow. And disappeared. hahaha It was the funniest sight ever.

Sorry about the constant drizzle, Wab. I'm not laughing. Everyone deserves at least the hope of good weather. That weather link didn't go to your area; what's your zip code? Mine's 04462

I'm in the throes of planning DD's spring college tour. So far I have one reservation for an info session and tour. 3000 to go. Oy. Plus all the motels. This could get expensive. Although, as I pointed out to DH, other than gas, motels and food, it's all free entertainment. Of course it's a bit of a stretch to call it entertainment, but I'm doing the best I can.

I should get that book. But I'm not paying 25 bucks, folks. Maybe I can reserve it at the library.

You're so hip, Cowpeach. Is g-mail full of ads like hotmail? You are right, erotica is boring. After a while.

TPBM considers this to be erotica.

Kiwi
Old 04-01-2005, 05:50 PM   #44  
loves kleenex box art

True. Absolutely.

Gmail has no ads but it is a google product so next to your email is sometimes some paid ads that relate to your email. I enjoy that. For example, I once wrote to someone about an ex bf and one of the ads said "I used to miss him but now I've improved my aim."

I remember that story Kiwi. Cruel. My kitties have never been buried in snow but one used to get on Herbie's roof a lot.

TPBM is exactly 5'6"
Old 04-01-2005, 06:46 PM   #45  

I wish I were 5'6". I stopped growing at 5'2" by the 6th grade. 5 foot 2, eyes of blue.

Kiwi, your weather is even worse than mine, so I'll shut up. It's so ccccc-cold way up thar in Maine. My zip is 97045.

I'm off for the weekend, lovelies - I'll eat extra in your honor at bunco. See yas monday.

TPBM has more exciting plans than bunco this weekend.
Closed Thread