Old 03-14-2005, 02:13 PM   #16  
One day at a time!

Height: 5'4"

Hi all,

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! I do appreciate that!

Melissa--that is great to be under the 200 mark and keep going! That I can't wait to see myself. I remember after my kids were born--I was just at 200 after my 2nd daugther was born. I never dreamed I would let my weight climb any higher. But with kids and all the other distractions, it just happened over time. Time for me to reclaim my health! I sure can't use that baby fat excuse after 10 years!

ChrissyL--Wow, Christmas in March! I guess you got to take advantage of all the after Christmas sales for sure!

I am feeling pretty good, got a little pick-me-up just knowing I did so well this past week with a loss. But I am realistic, and realize it will not always come easy. Last night I made a batch of white chili to eat for lunch and a quick dinner tonight. I am going to an aqua areobics class, so there won't be much time for stopping to eat. My husband is a truck driver and leaves every night--so we usually have just enough time to eat dinner before he takes a nap and goes to work on the week days. This week should be interesting, because he decided to quit smoking (which is a good thing!) but I am not sure how his moods will be affected by it. He could get pretty grouchy!

I hope everyone is having a good day!

Last edited by krngallo; 03-14-2005 at 02:18 PM.
krngallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 03:54 PM   #17  
Shake Your Booty!

Chelle~ Thanks I LOVE beads!! I will look thew that a little later when my oldest daughter isn't looking, she'll be on me to buy her all sorts of stuff .....which I will anyway her birthday is in May

Karen~Yup I buy alot for my MIL after Christmas, she collects Santas, so I can buy her alot of them for less then it would cost me for 1 or 2...I got her a $39.00 Santa cookie jar for only $4.75 this year! We always have Christmas with them after, its just easier money wise and we don't have to worry about them traveling up here during the holidays in case of snow. My husband is a truck driver also! Tell you hubby good luck with quiting smoking, I have been smoke free for 1 year as of March 4th, there was major weight gain but I'm getting that off now. Best thing I can say is get ALOT of sugar free gum, minted toothpicks, or breath strips, it does help.
ChrissyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 06:13 PM   #18  

Hey all! I didn't get to the chiro, there just wasn't time. The dentist did say I show signs of clenching my teeth, which I know and mentioned to her earlier. She is going to check with the insurance about covering an appliance to stop the clenching. she said that can certainly make my head and jaw hurt....no kidding right!? ANyway, sorry not to get personal. It's 615 here and I've been gone since 10, so i have to make dd's lunch and get her showered and ready for bed. I'll check in later or I'll be back in the a.m.

BTW, I am feeling like I can get myself back on track. I was good at dinner...only one slice of pizza and a salad with water to drink.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 10:17 PM   #19  
One day at a time!

Hi all,

Just checking in...its been a very full day and I still have lots to do. I started swimming at 6:30 and didn't get out of the pool till 8:15. I was looking like a big prune! The good news is, that out of all the exercises I have tried, this one suits me best. The time flies by and I really don't think about the time. My actually water aerobics class is only 45 minutes--but I get to the YMCA early, as my daughter has a karate class earlier--so I figured I might as well make use of the time. Then she joins me after and we did a few running races in the water (not sprinting or anything). Just made it a little more fun then just standing around.

ChrissyL--that sounds like the ideal Christmas in many ways (one that is much more affordable and less stressful worrying about weather issues). Not a bad idea! As far as my husband and his smoking--he seemed okay today. Well he did actually smoke 7 cigs, but compared to a pack and a half thats great. He quit several years ago for an entire year and picked it back up again. I think he has been inspired by his father who recently quit--as his father his truly his hero in life. It's funny the timing of his decision, because I decided to be healthy and lose weight recently. And my personal demon has always been my weight issues, and his has been smoking. So I guess its appropriate in some ways.

Melissa--good for you staying on track with dinner. Sometimes night times are my weakness, especially if I feel overly hungry and haven't planned! That is a bad thing to do! I was pleasently surprised to find my husband grilling chicken on our new indoor grill plate that goes over the burners. I bought it for him because he had wanted it a while back when he saw it in the store. Well, I guess that was the perfect thing to buy him--because I knew he couldn't resist using it. It is kind of like using a George Forman--except it has a lot more room and is easier to clean. Our old George Forman was just so worn out and really didn't hold much food. This is great because it goes over two burners on your oven and holds a ton of food. And since I didn't have to cook that was even better!

I have to get back to doing some fun household chores before the day escapes me. Oh what fun!
krngallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 10:21 PM   #20  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Just a short fly by from me....

Welcome to the Newbie posters...I'm Chris. A sahm of 3 girls. Living in Montana and a few hundred miles below Michelle... I'm trying SB to get this weight off...I was doing WW for awhile but the weight loss stopped so I'm doing something different.

Michelle-Lots of snow off and on today but it was still fairly warm so not much has stuck around. How's Tay's eye? I betcha its many "purty" colors...

Melissa-Finally got to read through everyone's posts from yesterday. Isn't it just sick that when you get older and have kids...10 p.m. is a late night. I can remember staying up til 4 and then getting back up at 7 for work. I couldn't do it now...

Okay to the rest of you. I will catch up with you girls tomorrow. I've got pain radiating from my back all the way around to the front under my ribs and I just dont' feel so hot. Not sure what's the deal, but hopefully it will disappear by the morning.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 11:06 PM   #21  

Just want to stop in to join this thread. i'll bbl to post, but am new to the boards and didn't want to loose it. :LOL
Check out my sig line to see my kids ages. Debi
mamamoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 12:28 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Hi Debi,
Welcome! Its great to have you here!! Tell us more about yourself!!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 07:55 AM   #23  
Shake Your Booty!

starting a new thread ~
ChrissyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 11:29 AM   #24  

Smile

Hi, I'm Connie and new to your message board. I have 3 kids, I'm an at home mom, currently under a lot of stress...they are home from school on vacation! AUUUGH!
They are good kids they just get on each other's nerves...but.

I am happy to be here.

Couple of questions:
- Do you guys post your weigh-in's here? Is it ok if I do on Mondays?
- Is the board (hopefully) highly monitored? I get discouraged very easily by
trolls.

Thanks,
Connie Y

ConnieY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 12:45 PM   #25  

Hi, Connie. We start a new thread each day except on the weekends. I just didn't want you to think anyone was ignoring you. Look for the Moms Losing Weight #61 post in this section for the current thread.

To answer your questions the best I can, some of the moms in this thread are participating in a challenge where they post their weights weekly. We don't have any hard and fast rules for the forums though about posting your weight or not posting it. I think it's just such a nice group of people that we tend to celebrate our successes together and complain about our failures without shame.

As for trolls, I haven't come across one since I have joined here.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 01:10 PM   #26  

OH Gosh, 61 or 16? yikes, I'm confused and it doesn't take much LOL!

Connie

ConnieY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 02:01 PM   #27  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Connie...in the search thing type in 61 or you can go to click on the person's name who posted "starting new thread" and click on the "find posts by so and so" and it will list show you Chrissy's post for the new thread...
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote