Old 02-17-2005, 09:18 PM   #31  
PamPSM644

Jenn you are a vision! Just beautiful!

Jane, love the Mickey. Ahhhh.

Pam
Old 02-17-2005, 11:50 PM   #32  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Since reading that Cristi has decided not to moderate this group, I asked Suzanne if maybe Marti and I could do it together. That way, neither one of us will feel the need to be here more often than we can handle. So Suzanne reinstated me, and added Marti, as co-moderators.

Cristi - thank you for giving it a shot again, and I hope all is well at your house. (check for my pm, ok?) If there is anything I can do, please let me know!

On a totally different topic, check out the site for the condo Neal and I are trying to get for next year on Valentine's Day. You'd think it's too early for that, right? Nuh-huh! Two of our 1st choices were already booked for then! This is a modest 1 bedroom, and cheap, but just right for him and me.

When you get there, be sure to scroll down to see the 6 pictures at the bottom.

http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacat...tals/2884.html

TTFN,
Old 02-18-2005, 12:52 AM   #33  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Jen, I love the dress and your hair looks beautiful, very bride like.
Jane, thank you for working out the Mod thing, and having Marti sharing it will give both of you time for other stuff, like family...lol

Cristi, I wouldn't have let that guy get away with that, him acting like that would have made me more angry and I would of made him pay for the dings,,,sometimes out of pocket is a hard way of learning but he should know better...what a jerk. so far I have one rock chip.

Pam, ah sweetie when it rains it pours eh? I know shes your sister and you have had your problems, but the pain is still there.

Katiecat, I am using your christmas card as an example for my fairy wings...lol I have your card pinned to my wall at work. We are thinking Great Falls which is only 4 hours away.I think Ive been to Billings, I know Ive been to Butte, and have driven through White Glacier,,,beautiful area. We stayed in White Fish, camping years ago. hmmm gonna have to do that this summer. As I get older I worry more about bears and such...

Katy, Im addicted to wool, found myself checking out sales...*breathing heavy,,,I need help. Im going to end up on a 12 step program, Hi Im Angie and Im addicted to wool,,,,not that I do anything with it. Skittles has a bad habit of attacking a ball and I spend alot of time rolling it all back up. Was at Walmart tonight and checked out some knitting books,,,I think Ive got it bad.

Susan, I think your reply email was very diplomatic, you didn't give any info and place blame, very well said.

Well need to go get Mr. B who is back to work also. He is now doing phsyio once every 2nd week...ahhh I had today off and didn't do a darn thing. bought wool thats it,,,geesh. Lazy slug that I am.
Tomorrow is another day at work, and then we are having a cast party.
Nothing planned for the weekend...gotta love that.
Brandon went and got a tattoo yesterday, very nice scrolling thing around his upper arm.
I can't believe we let him do that thou,,,duh but what he got is tasteful. And easily hidden. Monte was impressed with this place and wants to go get another tattoo. Im wanting another.....I Celtic knot with a Bear paw in the middle, both my heritages combined and then the boys initials and birthdates around the knot. still thinking on that,,,
anyways better run,
night
Old 02-18-2005, 08:31 AM   #34  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

Thank you ladies!

Jane - The condo looks beautiful! And I'm glad to have you back in charge even if you are sharing the duties

Angie - When I got my tattoo, my mom wasn't bother at all but when I got my belly button done (when I was at my lowest weight last summer) she was all grossed out. I kept showing her because it never failed to make her cringe Anywho, that tat you are thinking about sounds nice! Mine is the chinese symbol for 'strong' to remind me that I am strong and I can do this, and to symbolize the bond between my sister and I. (She got the same one on the same day, only hers is one the back of her neck and mine is on the back of my right hip)
Old 02-18-2005, 11:21 AM   #35  
RosieKate

Default Tgif

Jen- you are absolutely gorgeous...you will be a beautiful bride...you have to be getting so excited.....Thanks for sharing your pictures..make sure DF isn't peeking over your shoulder..no sneak previews

Jane - the condo looks great - so sunny, a great getaway in the middle of winter. How long are you two going to stay? Those rates looked pretty good... I would be tempted if I didn't have to scrape up airfare for four on top of it. Love that pool.

Marti
- so glad to read you are going to share duties w/Jane. Know you both are super busy so I appreciate that you want to take it on.

Cristi
- Sorry the mod thing didn't work for you - you sure would do a great job, but I understand. I'm not in a position to take on the responsibility right now either...just too on-the-go with the kids, I guess.

Angie
- There has to be a 12 step for yarn addicts somewhere! Our Village has a great yarn store and I know many people who drop obscene amounts of $$ there...I bet I could get together a group, lol . I am still working on my little purple-stocking cap. So cute. I am stalled because I am starting to get out in the yard... gardening beckons.

Pam
- so sorry about sis - just hang in there and give her what you can..you are a good sister.

Susan
- I bought Leigh a little Giddy-up horsie at Thinker Toys yesterday, thought about you and Gaby....it was a total impulse purchase, but the tax refund showed up, so I splurged. Now Leigh can stop giddy-upping with curtains rods It's amazing how much fun they can get out of something so simple. I think your email to Mike's mom was very appropriate - just don't even go there with her...I still think she's talking to an attorney and probably saving your emails..just my hunch.

Ok - Boot camp is shaping up to be the kick in the pants I sorely needed. I think part of my inertia was due to the not dealing with my triggers and boot camp just cuts them out... albeit temporarily. The triggers being white, starchy foods and alcohol. I have been coping pretty well without them... which is a surprise to me. Thought I'd be a raving b*tch by now, But I'm feeling really good - the food guidelines work well with the WW point system I've been using...so we'll see what my WI on Saturday has to say. I do have to confess that my exercise program is probably not a vigorous as what Oprah's guidelines indicate, bt I am getting out there and being active, as usual.

Have a great day everyone

Old 02-18-2005, 01:18 PM   #36  
Closed

Hi Everyone
Sorry this will be short I keep popping in to post but can't stay up for more than a few minutes without getting sick, so I just wanted to say hi,while I can and wish everyone a wonderful day and weekend, if I don't get back by them, I did manage a little toast this morning and so far so good so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is the end of the worst of it, Jane I would love some chicken soup problem is it don't love me right now So Take care all don't forget about me,
Old 02-18-2005, 04:36 PM   #37  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies--

How is everyone doing today?? It's beautiful here in Oregon and I make myself get up early so I can enjoy the sunshine before I have to go work!

Cristi--I read about the man in the car and hitting your car!! You did a great job at proving the point that he did indeed hit your car....but I think I would have made him pay for the ding also. But I think you probably scared him enough that he'll pay better attention don't you think? At least we hope so for other peoples sake!!

Susan--Your response to Mike's mom was a good one. There is no place for her to be intruding in the middle of what is suppose to be between you and Mike. Even if she is Gaby's grandma. She should know that Mike isn't the perfect man he should be, but since he's her son, I'm sure that's where it all comes from. You do a great job at your responses......it would drive me up the wall.

Jenn--
You're a very beautiful girl! Love the hair and the dress is so pretty on you!! You're going to be a stunning bride and there will be not one dry eye in the crowd!! So glad that you shared those with us. Everything looks perfect!

Pam--It's good to know that you'll be there for your sister for support in a time like this. And it's helps when you know all the jargin and she doesn't. Hope it helps put her mind at ease a little.

Jane--Had to laugh...I didn't notice the advatar until today either! Sorry! But he is cute. Now, we want your picture back up there w/some Mickey Mouse ears! That would be adorable!! I'm hoping that I hear about my time off today!! I'll keep you all posted. I checked out the site.....what a perfect place to spend retirement!!! Now....will any of your kids join you or is this just for you and Neil??

Angie--I like the idea of the tattoo you have! Sounds meaningful. I hope that once you get your costumes all done that you have pictures to share with us! they sound so magical! I keep telling Jhanai that I would love to help her do a costume as a mystical fairy for halloween....but she want's more scary...this year she plans on being Chucky's Bride! Silly girl.

Katy--I figured that I could find time to check on her more often than I have been lately. I usually have time after work....in the wee hours of the morning. So if it helps...I'm more than happy to help Jane out as Mod so she can spend time w/family and enjoying her condos!! I really enjoyed chat with you the other day and I hope that next week I get in there in time to chat again!!

Ellen--Sending you get well wishes your way!! I really hope that you start to feeling better and that you bring back your humor! We miss you...but stay in bed and get well.

Hello to anyone I may have missed. Kayecee---Get back here and post some more!! We miss you!!

Not too busy today before work. I"ve been running around lately trying to clean up and then we started talking about slowly cleaning out our storage unit. That will take time..but it needs done. Who knows, may find some really cool stuff that I would want in our house!!

I need to hop onto the gazelle then take a shower. I hope you all have a wonderful Friday!! Means the weekend is almost here!!!

Talk to you soon.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:19 PM   #38  
GmaTo8

Good evening, ladies!

Angie - aww, you're welcome!! Did you have fun at the cast party? About the tattoos, I came real close to getting one on my 50th birthday but at the last minute I chickened out, lol.

Jenn - I let Katie get her belly button pierced on her 16th birthday on one condition: that she never gets anything else pierced, such as her tongue or nose. She's always losing the belly button ones, lol.

Katy - we'll be there 7 days, plus travel time, if I can stand to be gone that long. If I lived where you do, I'd jet down to San Diego! Love that place! Good luck with weigh in tomorrow!

Ellen - ((((HUGS))) to you!! Hope either DD or DS is taking good care of you.

Cristi - a friend of mine with a new car takes pictures of the cars on both sides of her, (including the license plate) when she parks in a lot. Since they can be erased if there's no problem, it doesn't waste anything. I ought to do that, but never think of it, lol.

Marti - believe it or not, I don't own Mickey ears, lol. How did THAT happen, lol?? No kids will be going with us to Florida. Just my sweetie and me! We do plan on taking the DGDs with us to other, closer places. But it's a 12 hour drive there, and 12 hours back. That's a lot of "Are we there yet", lol.

Had a great day! Marquita and I had a nice lunch at Denny's where I had a grilled chicken breast, rice pilaf, green beans and a fruit medley. I'm saving my points for tomorrow night when I go out with the girls.

ttfn,
Old 02-18-2005, 09:58 PM   #39  
kitty Momo

Enchanted Evening to you all........

VERY sorry about your sister Pam. Many prayers for her health and strength for your family as you support her through this time.

Ellen, Ellen, Ellen. Please take care! Someone needs to send me Ellen's addy because I don't have it.

Anyway - I hope you start to feel better soon, JL isn't the same without you

I agree with Marti. Oregon was very sunny and spring like today. I was sitting in Burger King while Gaby played and had to move away from the window because of the heat. ...did feel good for awhile...almost made me want to crawl up on the window and take a cat nap......lol

Hey Katy - I got my Oregon refund back today! I am going to take the girls to a movie tomorrow with it. Taking Gaby to see that new dog movie.....Winn??? something....the older girls will go see Million Dollar Baby......

Really a nice place you will be staying Jane Thrilled we all get to go with you,....lol....I am sure I will be getting my plane ticket any day now, eh??? Ma wouldn't leave her children behind....haha.....

Speaking of which I did go to Disneyland when I was 6 but have not taken the girls yet. Though my hope is to take them to Hawaii in July. This moving to Hawaii seems more involved than just packing up . I really want to take the girls there and I want Rocky to visit here and meet my family. So,......blah - blah.....

Loved seeing the pictures Jenn. You will make a beautiful bride

oh- better go. Cristi.......hope you are having a good evening! chat later

tick, tock, tick , tock, .......back again......oh , joy.

I just bet you all just love my dribble.....;0

I forgot all about you Angie Tattoo's Family?? lol....hey, I will meet you in Montana??? Would love to meet Monte.....we can hang out at Target and remember back when you visited Oregon .....btw- I just had this really gaggy Thai Tea drink......makig me sick....anyway, love hearing about all the things that you do.

So, where is Juile??? Mindee??? Ann???? Shanna??.....

ok- I better go down to the vending machine and get a candy bar. It's about that time.

Gaby was sick earlier today. Doug called and said she had thrown up. She had been complaining of her tummy hurting when she woke up and when I dropped her off.....poor thing. She is feeling better tonight though

- k-......catch up over the weekend ...

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 02-18-2005 at 10:33 PM.
Old 02-19-2005, 12:55 AM   #40  
Give me strength

Good evening ladies,
The boys are watching some scary stupid movie so Im hiding here. I get nervous and laugh when Im scared so Im here hiding, after this post Im going to go to bed. Feel a cold coming, sore throat and nose. I worked extra hours today again, and when I got home decided I didn't want to go to the cast party.
Susan, hope Gaby feels better,,,
I really think Im going to go and get my tattoo.

Well not much happening here, just tired and feeling blah. House is clean so thats one good thing.
hope you all have a good weekend...
Old 02-19-2005, 07:12 AM   #41  

Checking in before I go to bed.....

Jane---What!? No mouse ears?! How can that be? You need to get a pair and get a photo w/you and the DGD with them all on! How cute would that be?

Susan---Beautiful out today wasn't it? I felt icky today so I didn't get a chance to enjoy it as much as I would have liked to. I'm hoping that it last over the weekend.

Angie---Must post a photo if you get that tattoo. I would like to see it! So which scarey movie did your boys watch???

I've stayed over all week at work and today I just felt so slow and not much help so when 2:30 rolled around I was out of there! We had a guy whose last day was today and so they brought in a cheese cake and some fruit and some veggies for us all to snack on. Of coarse I had a little of each!! But I snacked more on the veggies......now...I'm going to have to workout extra hard on the gazelle after eating that cheesecake! I'm so bad!!

Anyway ladies...I thought I would check in while I was still up...now it's time for me to get some shut eye so I can get up at a decent hour and enjoy the weekend!

Night!!
Old 02-19-2005, 09:20 AM   #42  
GmaTo8

Smile

Good morning, ladies!

Susan - well, heach yeah you're all going to Florida! How could I leave my girls behind, lol. I haven't heard from the owner of the condo yet, so I still have my fingers crossed that it's still available when we want to be there. Glad Gaby is better.

Angie - I laugh when I'm nervous too, and that got me in trouble more than once with teachers who thought I was a smartass, lol. Hope you nip the cold in the bud by taking something for it.

Marti - we do have some Minnie ears around here somewhere, and they're cuter than the Mickey ears since they have a big, red and white polkadot bow on them, lol. Enjoy your 2 days off!

Cristi - hope whatever is going on at your house is soon better. As I mentioned before, if there's anything I can do, let me know. (((HUGS))).

Hi to the others.

My girls and Gina and I are going out tonight. We're eating out, and I've been saving up points for a steak. I'm practically drooling down my shirt just thinking about it, lol. Then we're going to a comedy play called "Mornings at Seven", which should be cute. Since Derwood can't lift anything due to his surgery, Neal is going to go to their house and help him out with the baby. Then they'll watch some tv and do some male bonding.

Gotta go do my nails! BBL if I can....
Old 02-19-2005, 01:11 PM   #43  
Give me strength

arghhh been hit with a full blown cold! I feel horrible with my nose stuffed my throat sore. Achy body.
Jane, we don't have any ears here either other then some Goofy and Dumbo ones.

Marti you are not bad you should let yourself have some non healthy foods every so often , moderation is the key.

I tried out a new protein powder the other day, the taste was ok, but Im going to go look for my favorite vanilla gorilla.

Tanner just got an email saying his auditions for Pippin is next week, starting this Wed. He needs two songs and he only has one ready. Hes cool with the cold read since we have worked on that together. Plus OMG I have been listening to his Into the Woods CD and just love it! Would it be bad for em to go to rehearsal and ask the teacher if she needs help? I told myself to stay out of his show, but from what hes saying shes way over her head. I laughed when he told me this cause he goes to me,,,ahh mom if she continues to to struggle like this can you bring in your team? lol my team? I told *my team* this and they laughed so hard, can you see us squealing to a stop in front of the school wearing spandex, (Frank's idea) headsets on, measuring the kids, (again Frank/Costume) Shawna running to check their props, Paqualina checking their blocking, myself checking lights sounds and everything else...lol His teacher wouldn't know what happened. As it stands Frank wants to make their costumes, it could be that when Tanner was talking about the costumes he was/is worried as he says it, They will probably throw some Walmart crap together. Definetely not Frank. Well after Frank heard that he wants to help Tanner...lol
Well I should got and get prices on wigs, and sprays..
ttfn
Old 02-19-2005, 08:20 PM   #44  

Good Evening ladies--

Not much going on here today! Where is everyone?
James & I went to the storage and got some stuff out and then came home and sorted through some of it. We found his grandmothers china set. We were curious if it was really worth something and got online to see the price for a dish. We discoverd that the set we have is worth close to a $1000!! We were shocked.
Anyone here of Homer Laughlin Eggshell Georgian china? Here is a link so you can see what it looks like.

http://www.cyberattic.com/stores/gra...yberattic.html

We have a set of 8 of almost everything. So it was a fun time finding the information on it!

Jane--I hope you have a fun time tonight and enjoy that steak! You've been saving points so you deserve to eat a good steak every now and then!!

Angie--You should make Tanners costume. You are so talented and I'm sure it would turn out better than someone else.

Ok girls....time for me to get busy and clean up the house. I need to make some kind of dinner tonight.....chicken legs...any idea's?

I'll check in tomorrow or late night tonight!
Old 02-19-2005, 11:45 PM   #45  
GmaTo8

Smile

Hi ladies,

It's late in Indiana, but I just got home a little while ago, and Neal went to bed, but I'm too wound up to sleep just yet.

Susan - thank you so much for the sweet card!! And for the picture, too. That was totally unexpected and your kind word mean a lot to me!

Angie - sounds like Tanner's cast could really use your team! And I bet the teacher would appreciate it, too. I can just see you guys, like one of those make-over teams on tv, lol. Btw, have you decided yet about the tattoo?

Marti - wow, the china is so pretty! Will you keep it, or sell it? You could check it out on eBay and see what it goes for. We have a lot of Fern's stuff, but haven't sold any of it since it's sentimental. Was he close to his grandma?

Well, the play was funny and the actors did a good job. I enjoyed my dinner, too, but the best part was just being with the girls. We really need to do this more often. Neal said after the kids went to sleep, he and Dale watched a movie called The Predators vs The Aliens. OMG! So glad I was gone, lol.

Have a good weekend!
Closed Thread